Any cu/ck/s ever eaten rat or other meats that are typically shunned or just not commonly consumed in the modern age...

Any cu/ck/s ever eaten rat or other meats that are typically shunned or just not commonly consumed in the modern age, like raccoon, opossum, armadillo, etc? What's your opinion on such meats?

I want to get into it and enjoy it, but I think I'm just genetically sensitive to the stranger meats and don't like them as they taste musky/perfumey to me. Even plebshit like goat, lamb, veal, and rabbit was like that to me, but I can enjoy gator and frog legs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBzQMAZyDzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have tried bat and zebra. Wild animals just tend to taste gamey. The bat tasted like a dusty duck/chicken. And zebra was a really meh gamey steaky flavour but it wasn't fresh so could've just been poorly frozen.

Not worth the effort

Squirrel is pretty good but only if their diet is mainly pecans

>Armadillo

I prefer Dime bars

Eating bat is like licking needles you find a truckstop bathroom
Literally the source of ebola.

I've had pigeons before

>ther meats that are typically shunned
Rest assured that any "wild" meat that was worth eating is farmed already (exception seafood).

I've had elk heart once
Tasted pretty much what you'd expect
No sign of gaining spirit of elk yet, though

I did eat an armadillo that was trying to dig under my house and woudn't leave even after I hit him with a stick. Shot him, but it was a bitch to clean, full of lice. I cooked it according to Joy of Cooking. Tasted like a gamey pork, desu. I certainly wouldn't go hunting for them.

Fun fact: Armadillos are natural carriers of leprosy
Touching them can transfer the disease

youtube.com/watch?v=NBzQMAZyDzI

I've had a squirrel and possum potpie the chef at work who is also a hunter made one day for us. It was sweet and I loved it!

Well, then the ones in my yards must be fucking 10/10 delicious, cos I know exactly what they're eating.
Pecans, acorns and EVERYTHING I EVER PLANT.
Little cunts got my nectarines last year, the day before I was going to pick them.
At least the blackberries produce like fucking mad.

Get your pellet gun out and happy hunting :^)

>thinking because I dressed and ate an armadillo I'm stupid enough to go to your youtube

Lel, I'm not going to your fucking youtube, dumbass. Summarize or stfu.

>genetically sensitive to the stranger meats
wat.
i think you're just being a bitch

People being genetically predisposed to tasting things differently than others is somewhat well known, like with cilantro. IDK, man. I want to like the meats mentioned, but while everyone eating some goat stew someone brought in to work, I was one of the few people that didn't like it. Like I said, tasted musky/perfumey to me, just like with lamb and veal.

Had a BBQ raccoon sandwich at a dinner hosted by a hunting club a few years ago, it was pretty good.

When I was stationed in South Korea while in the US army, we had dog meat in some village one time. Hard to describe the flavor since it was cooked in some type of oil and covered in spices.

>Like I said, tasted musky/perfumey to me, just like with lamb and veal.

They taste like that to everyone - that's exactly what people are talking about when they describe a meat as being gamey, it's a stronger and muskier flavor than farmed meats. Maybe you prefer a milder taste, but not everyone who screws their face up over game or seafood or green vegetables or onions has a special supertaster gene, it's often just what you've been raised on.

>tfw can't satisfy the hunger

Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.