Hot Sauce Thread

Hello Veeky Forums (hot sauce enthusiasts), let's have a hot sauce thread!

What's your favourite sauce? If it's something local/non-mainstream or homemade feel free to explain it. I used to stick to local makers in my city, but I find they're more tasty compared to spicy. I'm looking for something with serious spice, but not deathly that's good for wings.

By far was my favorite, the new batches they have now got a ton of extra heat. The flavor is still there, just masked by a lot of spiciness. I thought it hit the perfect balance flavor/heat-wise before.

I've heard the Hot Ones hot sauce is really good.

This. I hear the hot ones hot sauce is fucking amazing.

Also I like Valentinas

it goes good on my eggs.

This is my go-to.

Wish they sold it here. That show was an excellent business venture, it's like Drunk History in that it leaves you wondering, "How the fuck wasn't this already a thing?"

>vinegar based

>Pepper based

this is your sauce

Never had El Yucateco's before

can anyone tell me wht it tastes like?

I got a bottle of this here and while it's reaper based I swear it's not that spicy. If I take a large spoonful I'll get the throat burn and all that but mixing it into food is meh.

Have I been eating too much spice or is this just not that bad?

I like Dave's Ghost Pepper sauce. Doesn't fuck around with the heat, probably the hottest thing I've gotten from a regular grocery store.

I have the lucky dog made with Thai chiliis and i think pineapple? I love it

Thanks for the recommendations anons. I have a big hot sauce store that lets you try and stuff I'm going to go for the first time tomorrow. Also thinking about Pain is Good and Rogue, but damn there are so many sauces, this is going to become a collection thing for me.

The place has all of these listed but not all in stock, definitely will try
Every thread, maybe I should just pick this up. I saw piri piri today for 2 bucks, I should've just grabbed it
Store also has this one, I'll take note of it.
Dave's was one of the first ones I thought of. A local small grocery had it but for a ridiculous mark-up. I was originally thinking of going ghost or habanero more generally.

Best green sauce coming thru

Easily the best hot sauce around, I put it on everything. It has a pretty decent kick but doesn't sacrifice for flavor at all. It comes from Oregon of all places but boy is it delicious

Oregonian here, can confirm. Tastiest hot sauce I've ever had, the flavor is good on anything.

I really want to try this since I've seen it on Hot Ones . Looks really good on some hot wings. Anyone try it?

Also I've tried the 100% Pain sauce. Really not that spicy. Tasty on some Ghost pepper jerky from Buccees

cholula has flavor

and

I love this stuff so much, it's good on everything; even chocolate cake.

Portland here. some restaurants actually hide this stuff and I have to ask for it.. It's the new meme and it's delicious. Highly recommended

Forgot to mention...You save $10 or so if you buy by the case. My roommate literally has a "guy" at new seasons to do this. whatever, it's good sauce.

I was once gifted a bottle of sauce from "the hot sauce lady," who apparently is Ann old woman who runs a little stand on St. Martin island. She puff-painted my name on it. Shit was delicious and had a really nice heat to it. I saved it for special occasions. I miss it.

My dude

Cholula is my jam but it's really not that spicy. I use it for flavouring when I'm cooking mostly.

My dad bought me this three-pack for Christmas and holy moly is it fucking good. The serrano stuff is a mellow heat that goes amazing on Asian dishes. Jalapeno is like a less sickly-sweet Sriracha with more smokey notes. The habanero is my least favourite but it's pretty good mixed in with salsa. Looking forward to trying their other kinds eventually.

What are anons putting their Peri-Peri on? It's so citrusy I have a hard time finding things it goes well with, but it's so tasty I've just been eating it on tortilla chips. There's gotta be something out there that's perfect for it.

Pretty much solely use it for chicken and chips

>hotsauce

Great choice. It's the bomb on elk mac 'n cheese.

Here's one of my favs. Not too hot, but amazing pepper flavor. Great for sandwiches, burgers, bbq and the like.

I'm not near OR so I looked at Amazon. It's $20 for a 3 pack. Is it worth that price?

I have cholula. I like the flavor but am disappointed with the lack of hotness. Where do I go from here, anons?

I would like this answer too. I'm .

This here is some of the spiciest hot sauce there is without it relying on pepper extract, or loosing all taste.

I make my own suicide sauce. Hot as hell, yet still has flavour.

OP here!

Ended up picking up a local sauce from a dude that grows his own peppers, it has ghost pepper, trinidad scorpion and jalapeno. Everything I've tried from local makers has been weak except for this one.

I did taste a sauce that was deliciously sweet with no spice at the start and then after a bit the spice activated at the back of your throat, I think it was Tears of the Sun Hot Sauce but I can't be sure. Anyway, I'm going back for a pineapple habanero sauce for sure. It'll be great for the summer months coming up.

I tasted pain 100%, sooo salty on my palate for some reason. I did like the smaller Pain is Good Reaper Acha though, it was my second choice.

>deliciously sweet with no spice at the start and then after a bit the spice activated at the back of your throat
that perfectly describes what i've been craving. do you know of any other sauces remotely similar?

Afaik the throat burn is a real reaper quality. Try sauces based on that.

Go anywhere, Cholula has no heat! I like checking out scoville scales of sauces (not always accurate) and slowly going higher to see what I can handle and what I like.

Or read up on competitions and see what wins and order online. Personally I'm gonna try some of the sauces from Hot Ones because I'm really curious when I see people crying over spice how hot it really is.

Do you know of any that are really sweet also?

Sorry, not yet! I just branched into this pepper with the Frog Bone Reaper (I posted above) and while it's pretty tasty I wouldn't say very sweet.

I hate sweet sauces, I've been trying to find sauces that are similar in flavor to the Ghost Pepper sauce that was at Buffalo Wild Wings for a little while but no luck. Anything garlicky or with habanero that will melt my face off is good too.

By far my favorite, readily available and cheap to top it off.

I bought it, and I absolutely love it. Both sweet and hot.

I just placed an order on Heatonist and they were out of stock on this. Really want to try it too.

Just ordered this to try, thanks for the rec.

Also ordered Homeboy's Habanero AND The Hot Ones sauce, which is unfortunately on backorder until March 3rd. Can't wait.

Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure which one it was. He showed me it then put it right back in the pile of testers and I moved on. I'll have to go back and find it.

here. Just picked up some Texas pete's hot and hotter. Was not disappointed. The hotter one sorta lacked flavor imo but the hot is perfect in flavor and spiciness.

My friend put one of the spiciest things ive ever eaten on one of my sandwich3s the other day
It was this creamy white yet ultra hot stuff that had an asian sounding name like maanehhs or something, he wouldnt say it again, but hooo boy, i barely choked that sandwich down, it was literally blazing in my mouth

>ctrl+f "maria sharps"
>0 results found
I'm moderately disappointed. Maria puts out amazingly tasty sauces with respectable amounts of kick.

One of the dudes from cheech and chong makes a hot sauce that perfectly fits your description.

Amazing stuff. My boss goes to Belize a few times a year and brings me back a ton of bottles. I really can't tell the difference between the white label and the gold one though. Beware is my favorite one.

You mean Marie Sharp's right? I tried Belizean heat and it was very very good, was just looking for something hotter this time around. I may pick it up on another trip to the store. Was curious about No Wimps Allowed & Beware but they didn't have them for tasting.

my nigga. godtier sauce amirite?

Hot sauce blah blah

Just post the red rooster and call it a win

Should go buy more tomorrow desu.

that on an omelette with avocado is my breakfast every saturday and I don't see it getting old any time soon.

same here, sadly my nearest shops don't sell it anymore. thank god a new grocery store opened up relatively close and they sell it. FYI the habanero version of that sauce sucks.