Human consciousness

>human consciousness
Why does it exist? What kind of cruel fucking trick is it? We have enough knowledge to know that free will is mythical, our thoughts are determined by genetics and environment, every thought and every insight we ever have will be based on outside factors. There is no "you" sitting behind it all, "WE" are just a homunculus chained to our mind with no reason for existing. We're on autopilot, we would function in exactly the same way even if consciousness did not exist because it provides nothing more than passive awareness. This is hellish.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyplaii9p4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't worry user, adolescence ends

I'm mid twenties and this stuff still bothers me.

>
>human consciousness why does it exist ?
>evolution

/thread

Lrn2cr1tic4lth1nk1ng

You are a monkey asking "Why do things exist the way they are"
It's hubris of the highest degree

Every action you make besides suicide is hubris you hypocrite. Why do you wake for tommorow?

If it's passive, how did it cause you to make this thread?

Checkmate atheists.

suicide is an expression of hubris.

Not being able to answer a question to your relative satisfaction and suicide are unrelated concepts

Oops meant for

Same.

>he actually believes this brainlet shit

lmao sorry you're retarded

Its funny. In a way, suicide is as meaningless as a life. People kill themselves to stop pain but its meaningless if theres no you anymore to feel it.

Funny enough it is possible to be existentially aware of this. It is called enlightenment aka geeting enough awareness to realize you as a entity of any kind don't exist. If you are more interested a would recommend starting here.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyplaii9p4

My advice to you OP: Stop worrying about this shit. You don't want to waste your whole life away wondering about why you were alive in the first place. If you truly believe you're on autopilot, the least you can do is just try to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Science has never been particularly good at answering questions like this. So you're barking up the wrong tree if you're really looking for an answer. And then you also have to understand the consequences of finding the answer to something to a question like this (assuming you could), to what would it avail you?

>every thought and every insight we ever have will be based on outside factors.
This kind of thinking is nonsense, you're basically saying that for free will not to exist I must be able to be happy when nothing happened. Of fucking course all thoughts are because something exists outside of you, otherwise there would be nothing to think about. Holy fuck.

>Why does it exist?

The evolutionary purpose is so you can monitor your internal state and make decisions to promote your well-being.

Retarded nihilism. Does this guy legitimately think that he's discovered some 'hidden truth'?

Idiotic.

The answer is found in psychedelics. That answer being, stop giving a fuck.

We are already dead. This is hell.

I've been refreshing Veeky Forums for the last 10.2 hours, and kind of believe you.

Have you ever thought about what happens when you black out from drinking? Not pass out, black out. Some people get those confused. You essentially do (most) things as normal, like have sex with someone for example, but have no awareness of it.

I'm pretty sure most animals have varying degrees of consciousness. This is not unique to us. Less intelligent people are quite literally less aware of what is going on around them. They can't process as much information from their senses.

Why do people ask what consciousness is, when they really want the answer to a completely different question?

>varying degrees of consciousness

Speaking of this, anyone else notice that housecats seem to be super... algorithmic? Between the predictable routine behavior/mannerisms, and stuff like sticking tape to them to make them walk like idiots.

If any animal is a biological computer program, it's fucking cats.

>Speaking of this, anyone else notice that housecats seem to be super... algorithmic?

I have had that uncanny feeling as well.

which is what?

It exists so that we can make planes and jump out of them with parachutes.

Seriously skydiving sounds like a shit ton of fun

This happened to me once.

Actually it is very strange that I did things and had absolutely no recollection of things the next day. I remember my friends telling me and still I had 0 recollection it was very surreal.

Also sometimes when you are extremely tired a similar thing happens.

Seems like in certain conditions the neurology responsible for conscious awareness can shut down without disrupting anything else.