How do I bring up that I'm a math major and am smarter than the other person in an argument without coming off as...

how do I bring up that I'm a math major and am smarter than the other person in an argument without coming off as pompous?

Tell them this:

I wake up in the morning and the first thing I remember is that I have my goddamn doctorate in mathematics, this results in an immediate rush of endorphins and testosterone which will last for the rest of the day. I then get to work writing down the proofs to the theorems that I solved in my head last night. After that I fuck my 10/10 wife while thinking about my research. I then leave without eating breakfast since I no longer require sustenance. Next follows morning lectures gracing plebs with some invaluable insight into my mind and its firm grasp on the most important field of study in human history. The rest of the I spend developing various mathematical structures on blackboards, the results of which will be applied to curing all cancers and building thermodynamically efficient cold fusion reactors. As the day winds down I ponder my surreal existence, I have to dig up my degree to remind myself of the reality that I do in fact have a PhD in mathematics. Finally I fall asleep holding my doctorate and 300k salary slip in my arms.

And then I do it all again.

Unless you're specifically talking about something related to math, you're not smarter and you are indeed pompous.

i tell people i'm studying cs, its easier that way.

Use advanced mathematical terms.

>you aren't smarter

if I am a math major and I am talking to someone that is not a math major, then I can securely say that I'm smarter than them. sorry if that hurts your ego biofag

>you're not smarter

wow

Poor child, it's okay once you grow up and enter the real world you'll be able to look back and cringe at yourself. Until then embrace the title of autistic, clutch at it like a medallion.

>y-you're autistic!

is this supposed to refute that math majors are smarter than non math majors?

Be careful if they are a history major their is a 100% chance they are smarter than you in every way and are literal gods

You ask them:"Whats your favourite greek letter and why is it epsilon?". They will not know what to say

No, there's nothing I could say to change your viewpoint. Just remember my words once you finally graduate college. Maybe you defer the real world, try to get a masters, maybe even a PhD. Just always keep what I said in the back of your mind and one day you will appreciate it :)

unless they are history major g-ds and they start Memeing on you in ancient reconstructed greek

false

explain?

If I walk into enrollment and declare mathematics my major, that doesn't make me smarter, like, at all.

So you're trying to convince me that math majors are smarter when you can't even interpret a graph well enough to realize this is "estimating" IQ scores based on a test which is 1/3 math?

Even assuming that IQ scores were a valid measure of intelligence this is all sorts of retarded lol...

>math majors
>having a conversation with other humans
We all know you go REEEEEE!

Tell them you hate engineers and how they make more money then you. They will assume you are either a liberal arts major or a math/physics major.

false
here is the truth that the business major elites don't want you to know. they hide our powers

Thats good to know that preschool teachers are stupider than an arts major.

Are you guys really so retarded you think this is legit? You really believe that there is a subset of people who have a 40 point higher than average IQ as average? Do you have any understanding of statistics at all? Like, you can't conclude for yourself that this is bullshit?

I apologize I momentarily forgot that the average poster on Veeky Forums is a lower division college student or high school child.

you sound really upset dude

Honestly it's because the pretentious college attitude is something I had before I matured. I guess it's self cringe at my own past behavior, I can't expect others to change their perceptions without having experience themselves. Carry on children, aim for the 300k starting salary that you deserve, god speed.

math problems are the most objective way to measure intelligence anyway.

op asked how to not come off as stuck up, and make everyone to feel comfortable in your presence with their iq. it's a legit question and you're dealing the thread arguing with cold facts with "muh interpretations"

>math problems are the most objective way to measure intelligence anyway.

Any rationale for this? Have you studied intelligence in any capacity? Or are you echo-chambering your own agenda for self gratification?

I don't know why I'm bothering to argue with presumably math majors who literally can't interpret a graph.

Sorry here's the rationale:

Cause math is da hardest there aren't even any words only weird lookin symbols and u have to problem solve! but with symbols! my understanding of rigurous proof unlocks the mysteries of da universe! dats why I am so smart

>math major

>smarter than the other person

hate to break it to you but you might not be smarter. actually there is a good chance that depending on the subject under consideration during conversation you might be very very stupid.

Being good at math doesn't make you smart about 99% of subjects out there.

don't they know that historians ARE the universe and that history is GOD

You arent smart jusst coz ur a math major. Plenty of other people could have dpne it but didnt want to any ive met many math majors thata arent really smart except for maybe in math

do you even integrate?

mathematicians are merely a telescope. historians are the universe. our IQ's are uncountable

it clearly says 121 on the graph

your false idols of estimates are no match for our powers of speculation. historians are gods among men

If you can't figure it out yourself then you ain't smart. Having a BSc in Math also doesn't say that you're smart either.

Sauce of the pic?

cringe thread?

anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is at best a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house

Also intended major. Not actual.

>dats why I am so smart
But you haven't done anything but study the accomplishments of others.

OP here, thanks for proving me right non-math majors by responding to my obvious bait ;)

holy shit guys I don't think he's baiting

you are probably uglier than most non math majors if you have to resort to the "im smarter than you because im a math major" meme

>proving right
>bait
dude is this reverse trolling? multi-layered bait? or maybe you got entangled in your own trickery?
honestly made me think...

I'm double majoring in physics and astronomy. This makes me automatically smarter than OP. I am going to use this position of unilateral, objective, and complete superiority to make the following statement:

Ur fuckin dum, major doesn't mean shit for intelligence, not even when talking about the subject matter in question. Not only that, but IQ doesn't mean shit. I've tested at 160 multiple times and it really doesn't mean shit, people who work above, alongside, and beneath me who likely have lower IQs all, on a daily basis, contribute insight, knowledge, and work that I know I couldn't deliver myself, because IQ is a measure of how good you are at solving IQ test problems, not as a measure of your intelligence, skills, or ability to make change in an academic or engineering setting.

Now shut the fuck up with your shit.

God you're a fucking moron

Do math majors actually think they're smart? kek. math is the easiest shit ever. i took a few grad courses (gr, lie groups) with math phds are theyre fucking retarded.

Tell them this:

Have you ever seen my E-Peen?
It is so big even I cannot calculate its size and I have a doctorate in mathematics.

Now get that same chart, but with females left out of the measurement.

THEY EAT OTHER PEOPLES SOULS D=

Don't worry about sounding pompous - you already are.

tfw

Try not saying pompous things.

Say you're a physics major.

Yes but that's only the real part. Our IQ stretches into the complex plane as well.

Mate, it's not problem solving.
Some maths is just high ideas, and it's true that if the person understands that shit then they're probably smarter than you.

BUT, the majority of mathstards are autistic pseudo-weebs who can't see enough beyond their own stunted little egos to actually grasp and appreciate what they're looking at.

t. Theoretical Physics, Pure Maths Major who veers too far into normie territory to be a genius

How did you do in those courses?

Have you taken any grad math courses? Real and complex analysis, algebraic topology, differential geometry(nothing like gr except for Wald's book), or algebraic geometry(or just grad algebra). You could look through some books if you're curious, look up the chicago math bibliography.

outwit someone in a topic of conversation thats relevant to the people youre speaking...
im sorry but youll never get a girl because you can do math problems

never ever ever ever ever ever

ever ever
never
ever

There is such a subset, and it is Mensa members -- its entrance requirements are "have an IQ x amount above average" and "pay us money"

Serious reply: I have a maths degree and being buried in rigorous logic for so long I've almost completely lost the capacity for common sense. I also often feel that I'm sat squarely in the middle of the Dunning-Kruger graph, surrounded by 'experts' who think they know it all. Conclusion: Fuck everyone else, just enjoy your subject and do it for its own reward. There's always more to learn. Fag rant complete.

>Mechanical higher than electrical
>Business anywhere close to electrical
Lmao'd hard

BTW this is a trap

Literally with an average iq can complete a math undergrad. Congratulations you're not restarted. If this so important to you your gonna want to get an iq test done by a psychiatrist and have some proof of that on hand when you need to prove your smarter than someone.

Just all or nothing man. People are usually not so autistic that they just spout off what they do and try to appear smarter.

You don't have to even be a math major. If anyone did this, it would be very strange and autistic.

If it's a serious question, you could make the question a little less strange by asking them what they do. Then that will usually prompt them to ask you what you do. If they don't ask, then that means that they don't want to know.

Depends on what the subject is. If the subject is not being a cuck, you might be hopeless.

lmao.

Yep I'm sure you're smarter than the non-math majors at your brainlet university, small time retard

>mathematics in the "brainlet cluster"
Annnnd no one is surprised

>math major
>smarter
Lel. Did you enjoy your extended high school?

why can't you spell god my friend?

Underrated post

You don't. If you begin by thinking you are already more intelligent than someone else, you are already a pompous twat.

In an argument, you 'win' by first listening, acknowledging the others point of view and then bringing your side up (with factual support) while not talking down to or of the person.

Contending with two points of view without giving room for actually hearing another persons side is a sure fire way to just end up with a pissing contest.

You don't, moron.
You must prove it humbly and slowly over time.
Just ask them questions and learm about them and soon you'll realize that you're the ignorant one and my first two statements will be easier to follow.

kek

How come you guys fall for it ?
I AM THE ONE

>psychology below arts
Welp this has got to be a steaming pile of shit.

You can not say the Lord's name in vain, heretic.

More likely the [/spoiler]latter[spoiler]

you don't. you don't have to be more intelligent to be right. and you don't have to be dumb to be wrong.

intelligent people are just as capable, maybe even more so, to fall into biases and mental traps. maybe the next time you have an argument, remove your own sense of intelligence from the equation and see if your beliefs still hold true.

While this is true, mensa members aren't randomly sampled from the population.

>retard

Philosophy 2nd to top?
Excuse pls??

History far at the top
Wut the succ-diccin' fuq?

Considering it's your major and you don't have the degree, you can't desu.
They could have a math degree, or also major in it, or have a postgraduate degree in something math-heavy.

Selecting mathematics when your guidance counselor asks for your major at orientation doesn't actually make you smart.

1 error >hmm, this guy's made a typo
2 errors >ok, this guy's restarted
5 errors >it's bait
10/10 restarted post

Wat

>I'm a math major and am smarter

What have you done with your gift of intelligence?

What are your contributions?

Oh what's that?

You just fellate your professor's ego and haven't contributed anything to society?

Thought so.

Typical math major. Just autists in disguise.

it's literally mental masturbation

nothing in this universe is that complicated

woops, meant to post the updated chart

OP on suicide watch

The same pattern has shown up on Veeky Forums as well

What use is intelligence if you are unable to argue your point in a way that can be understood. Most times, when people are wrong about something, the error stems from a misunderstanding. Listen to the other persons argument and try to figure out what error in logic or fact they are basing it on. If you have to resort to confusing your opponent, with jargon from your specialized field, in order to make them feel inferior and concede, then in my opinion you have lost.

I sucked her dick. She lives in South bay LA county.

please tell me more

Who is this semen demon?

>that industrial engineering
lmao