"""""imaginary""""" numbers

> """""imaginary""""" numbers
> quadratic formula
> Pythagorean theorem
> negatives
> roots and zeros

Things that are utterly useless in real life and have no application to practical things like doing taxes or counting out your money. Can we all agree these maths are not needed? When are we ever gonna use them anyways?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/thread/8588767
youtube.com/watch?v=T647CGsuOVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>his tax rate isn't defined in terms of the negative root of a certain quadratic polynomial with complex coefficients
lul

give me one example where complex coefficients are used in the calculation of tax rates

>spaces between le meme arrow and le green text
>street naruto image
>combinatorics is useless
>arithmetic is useless
>projecting your uselessness on mathematics

>it's another episode of normie disregarding math because he thinks he will be wealthy businessman shaking hands and making people give him money for being alpha and then ending in macdonals then promptly losing his job to a machine you need to know math to maintain

>"""""imaginary""""" numbers
Have fun doing any non-entry quantum physics without complex numbers.

Im starting to learn this stuff in school and feel exactly the same. :P

this could be copypasta-tier bait if you leave you the
>negatives

even high school burnouts understand that negative numbers can be applied to debts

Back then I would say this is bait, but /pol/ invasions made me believe that there actually are people this retarded

You may not use it, but someone smarter will.

Honest question, why aren't taxes automated yet?

As a carpenter, I use Pythagoras all the time to ensure structures are square.

> He can't eyeball a simple shape

You can eyeball all you want but it will not be perfectly square and that can lead to serious problems that I'm sure someone as smart as you would already be aware of.

because everyone has to get their gibme dats from the IRS ex: the mortgage deduction

They are, actually. The IRS knows exactly how much you owe them, if you are a normal working citizen. If they didn't then anyone could cheat. The only people who they can't 100% track are businessmen who you never know exactly when they earn profits and when they don't. With workers it is simple: A paycheck every 15 days.

The reason they don't just e-mail that shit to us is because there are businesses who offer to do your taxes for you. If the IRS were to e-mail you how much you owe them all those accountants would be out of a job.

Basically, corruption.

plebs have no need of them, but there was a chance you wouldn't end up as one so it was the right thing to do to attempt to educate you

Tell me more about how math is not needed for my current situation as a physics major.

The IRS knows how much you owe based on your paycheck deductions but they wouldn't know about tax writeoffs etc, which is where accountants are handy

>The IRS knows how much you owe based on your paycheck deductions

And they should definitely send you that information via email. That would be very helpful as most people are mathematically illiterate. Then anyone could take care of their deductions safely.

>useless major

By proxy

>complaining about highschool math
u wot m8

because if you don't learn about them you likely wont have money to count

>i don't understand something
>that thing is useless

Read time like an imaginary number, you'll have an idea what a dimension is.

>"""imaginary"""
Lol, surely you think a ring in mathematics is something you should be able to wear on your finger.
> quadratic formula
agree, that shit is just drilled meaninglessly into our brain cortex
> Pythagorean theorem
geometry is beautiful, why the fuck do you complain?
> negatives
You don't see any use for negatives in life whatsoever? I hope you don't reproduce
> roots and zeros
This can be useful at times

Back then I would say this is bait, but /leftpol/ invasions made me believe that there actually are people this retarded

Underage ban

You mean "useless" as in "any profession I want" right?

You mean being a fuckboi for professors in academia, right? How's that no job treating you

t. buttblasted engineering major
Don't be mad I'm better at everything than you and could take your job in a heartbeat

You don't think writing design proposals is an actual skill, do you?

rotations

> quadratic formula
parabolic cookers

> Pythagorean theorem
buildings

> negatives
credit card debt

useful if you ask me..

t. undergrad with no job experience

t. dilbert

The world would be better off if people like you were dead.

You're right, math is useless for useless people.

>"""""imaginary""""" numbers

Extremely useful in electrical engineering when you deal with reactive power (inductance)

>ITT: can't and never will justify these arbitrary math constructs
relevant:
warosu.org/sci/thread/8588767

Is practical use of imaginary numbers really complicated or is it understandable for someone with only basic knowledge in the field

What you doing on this channel kiddo gtfo

They are the reason you have shelter in a building that doesn't collapse immediately.
There are many "past" uses for it that will one day no longer be needed in implementation, only in the results/measurements they provided.

MOST people will never do anything useful with these concepts: in this you are correct. Many people don't know what they mean, and some can't even spell those words.

Anyone have that picture with the engineering identities?

>the boondocks
>street Naruto
Huh?

> negatives
> no use in balancing your checkbook
Wow. Mommy has paid the bills until now, hasn't she?

> counting out your money
Wtf is this, 1800? Do you keep your gold coins in the mattress or something, McScrooge?

Maybe. But it's fun hobby.

You can learn it in a few yours to get a general picture. Probably you remember the number line from school. Since a imaginary number consists of a real part and an imaginary part, you're number line is now a number plane. Often imaginary numbers are just used to easily solve problems in two dimensions, for example rotations are represented with the help of imaginary numbers

youtube.com/watch?v=T647CGsuOVU

Watch the video op

You get paid the money you count using arithmetic by using the knowledge from algebra 2. People will pay oogles of money to retards with number reasoning skills.

>Pythagorean theorem is useless

>Doesn't know it's used as a basis to measure distances in any project.

anything beyond algebra should be strictly tertiary education. teaching trig and geometry to highschoolers is beyond retarded, and a massive waste of time. even algebra is really pushing it, in a world where people with a HS degree still manage to max out their credit cards and run up bank overdrafts.

this is all part of the elite's control system of course. keep youth learning things they have zero practical use, wasting their formative years. if we actually taught natural philosophy, or economics, then people would have control over their lives, which is not what the elites want.

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8 gunn go masturb8