What impact will Trump have on american education and science?

What impact will Trump have on american education and science?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

same impact as he'll have on the economy and on foreign relations.
he'll completely crap the bed and loudly insist that everything is better than ever

did I say "crap the bed"? I meant "piss the bed".

Wasn't he putting in charge a bunch of guys who were climate change deniers?

He will fuck everything up, just like Brexit will.

What a shitty time to do science, man.

Explain your reasoning user.

I wish to know your opinion.

Imagine the EU had remained a trading agreement and didn't eventually turn into some insidious scheme to fill up good countries with fat, ugly, barely-literate swarthy eastern European peasant, scrounging trash who have no business in civilised countries and whose presence here is running the NHS, schools, social housing, etc into the fucking ground.

Then the public wouldn't have been so alarmed as to vote out.

Alt-right extremist in the supreme court,
Net neutrality hater(Ajit Pai) in charge of Federal Communications Commission(rip internet),
Global warming denier(Scott Pruitt) in charge of environmental protection agency,
Religious nutjob as vice-president...

>NHS is purely run by white people
If you actually lived in the UK you'd know how many non-whites, slavs and russians do a better job at being doctors.

Mmmm I am not American myself, nor I know much about Trump (although I do dislike his religious like following / the so called ''''''alt'''''' righters that preach everything he says and repeat buzzwords), I suppose if you posted this on pol there would be endless replies calling you ''''libcuck''''' and what not, but, is there anything good that can be said, from your point of view, about Trump?

he's very handsome

Hey I do live in the UK and I'm all for skilled workers coming here. The NHS needs staff from all over the world. What the country doesn't need is loads of scrougning Romanians coming here just to rinse the benefits system (because our dole is worth more than the average wage there).

>tfw aerospace engineer
Ready to work on the missile defense system and/or the lunar station t.b.h

Who the fuck knows? He barely became the president of the U.S. yesterday.

Stop making these threads on Veeky Forums.

>how could anyone have an opinion on trump from his extensive public life spanning 20 years!? he just became president!

he'll fix the disastrous common core shit that obongo put into place

Do you think people abusing the welfare system is the reason the reason of the crisis?, usually blame inmigrants is the first thing a populist do
(excuse my shitty english amigo)

go back to

Hopefully less subsidy for all these pseudo-scientific propagandists.

I'm a girl (male)

at least he'll finally defund fake science like climate research

are you sure your brain isn't fake? have you checked?

>and I'm all for skilled workers coming here.
Plus they're family, plus their relatives, plus their half breed bastards they produce by shagging the local sluts.....

And then a few decades later the "skilled workers" are now unskilled non-white trash who are the majority of the country

Fucking liberals importing voters is the most disgusting thing they do, and noone really sees a problem with it...

>Fucking liberals importing voters is the most disgusting thing they do

Do conservatives do this?

no, conservatives have religious morality to guide their actions

Liberals don't have religious morality?

Yeah millions of poor people from countries that, frankly, don't merit being in the EU suddenly coming here is having no negative effect whatsoever on the nation and its public services.

FFS, people like you are the problem. Let's just pretend that society is a bottomless pit of resources and we'll turn it into a great big melting pot big enough to take Eastern Europe and all the peasants it's got.

While the rest of the world points and laughs.

no liberals are immoral atheists

>Totally no fear mongering guys
Can you retarded libshits return to your cave? The people have decided that they've had enough of your shit.
He said he wants to invest in our space program so I'm cautiously optimistic. It's been a while since we've actually had a president give a shit about this type of thing at all.

But there's religious liberals and morality is an inherent virtue of man.

So it cannot be the case that conservatives have religious morality and liberals don't.

Also, he definitely wants to invest in our nuclear weapons program so again, I'm somewhat optimistic about his effect on science

>Can you retarded libshits

Why is everybody who disagrees a lib ''''shit''''?

I am curious to know the reasoning behind your claim.

,,>Lina hits

FYI every board on here except the ones that are notoriously low quality (/pol, /r9k/) openly denounces /pol/ and all of the morons with hivemind opinions it produces

I don't actually believe what I'm posting, I was just baiting

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk

It's one thing to have a different opinion about Trump. It's another to act like the world will end just because he was elected and cite that bullshit story about Russian hookers.
> every board on here except the ones that are notoriously low quality
Every board on Veeky Forums is low-quality, even if they aren't notorious for it. Don't act like jsut because Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums,/co/ and Veeky Forums don't like /pol/ they're any better than /pol/. The only somewhat decent boards are /m/, Veeky Forums and /k/ and their ambivalent towards /pol/ for the most part.

>bullshit story about Russian hookers

You mean the alleged Russian involvement in the election?

How do you know its bullshit?

It's the "us vs them" group thinking mentality.

/pol/ avoids discussing Trumps blatant anti-science views and anybody who brings it up is a "cuck".

Gets me thinking.

>donald stacks EPA and cabinet with climate change deniers
>promises to cut science funding
but if you acknowledge this, suddenly it's fear-mongering

you didn't actually address what was said, you just criticized the claim that some boards are more low quality than others. either way, your point that people are tired of "libshits" is wrong outside of your hugbox

CTR shill please leave.

On a serious note why couldn't the race have been Bernie vs Rubio?

provoking /pol/acks with your pic makes no logical sense, the elections are over and hillary being such a terrible canidate is why trump won.

1) Michigan uses paper ballots exclusively, so how did the Russians hack them?
2) Assange leaked classified Russian docs on Wikileaks as well (under Putin's watch), so if Putin could, he would get Assange killed, not actively work with them
3) There's literally been no evidence from any intelligence agency that conclusively showed the Russia did jackshit. It's just a bunch of conjecturing.

4) Podesta's password was "2016". /pol/ cracked it in fact. Podesta fell for a phishing scheme and was too unintelligent to realize it was a phishing scheme.

5) The DNC declined an offer by the FBI to look at said "hacked" servers.

Also for some reason, no one gave two shits when China hacked 1 million American's personal details, but that's unimportant.

Our shit political system and the generally complacent populace is why Trump won, Hillary being a disgusting corrupt cunt didn't help but it wasn't only her that got Trump the victory.

John Oliver was hacked too, his password being "CURRENT YEAR"

even if global warming is real, you can save billions a year on firing all those career bureaucrats/"scientists"

There is no "even if". Global Warming is a real thing. What people are arguing about is the degree of which it will affect us, not about whether or not it is happening.

>Climate change is a problem when ISIS is actively trying to form a caliphate in the Middle East, the new Cold War erupted and we're closer than ever to 12:00 on a nuclear clock.
>every board on here except the ones that are notoriously low quality (/pol, /r9k/) openly denounces /pol/ and all of the morons with hivemind opinions it produces
No I'm saying /pol/ isn't special in this. Veeky Forums is a s much of a hugbox as /pol/ is (even more in some instances).
Kek
Well, we're fucked if it's real. Why do we care in the first place?

It will be like the impact that may have formed the moon. It will utterly fuck up stuff for a really long time, but things will eventually reach a new normal long after trump is gone

You'd eat your words if the Earth started getting colder due to greater albedo or w/e

fuck off kiddo.

not even him you replied to.

>/pol/acks getting triggered

>you'd think differently if things were different
well duh. that's a sign of an investigative mind.

This is me. I was joking.

>Climate change is a problem when ISIS is actively trying to form a caliphate in the Middle East, the new Cold War erupted and we're closer than ever to 12:00 on a nuclear clock.

The man mentioned climate change in response to the Threads topic (damage to education and science).

Then you addressed multiple issues.

Your leading sentence is ''Climate change is a problem when...'', I assume what you are trying to do here is prove that, given the existence of those other problems, then climate change isn't really one to be worried about.

But we should worry about climate change and worry about all those other problems. And we do.

I am curious as to what you are trying to prove here?

>the new Cold War erupted

It did?

>we're closer than ever to 12:00 on a nuclear clock

Lets see.

I'd say the closer we've ever been is during the Cuban missile crisis; but we're not as close as then. Therefore we're not closer than ever.

Can you prove your statement user?

Who gives a fuck about ISIS?

They aren't an issue even comparable to something like climate change.

how many trucks has climate change ran into children lately?

this is literally copy pasted from another website
also, here is your pitiful (you)
CAS is against fraud. It’s wrong. It impacts on our overall economy. Unfortunately it occurs in all economies and in all parts of the economy. Benefit fraud is a problem, however it seems to get more attention than other fraud, so we thought we’d set out the position within the UK’s finances.

The UK government estimates that total fraud across the whole of the economy amounts to £73 billion a year. UK government figures for 2012 estimate benefits overpaid due to fraud is £1.2 billion and tax credit fraud is £380 million. So just under £1.6 billion in total; less than 1% of the overall benefits and tax credits expenditure and less than benefits underpaid and overpaid due to error.

It's a lot of money, and it’s never right, but unfortunately fraud happens in many walks of life. Sometimes it helps to compare the figures with other fraud or error. More than this amount was overpaid in benefits due to claimant and official error. That was £2.2 billion in 2011/12 and is recovered by the UK Government. Equally claimant and official error led to £1.3 billion benefits being underpaid.

So to get some perspective, benefit fraud represents 2% of the estimated total annual fraud in the UK. Public sector fraud, which includes benefit fraud, is £20.3 billion a year, so within this category it accounts for just under 8%. The majority of this £20 billion is tax fraud which costs the economy £14 billion annually, or 69%. So we can see that both in absolute and percentage terms tax fraud is a much bigger issue than benefit fraud. In fact, out of all the categories of fraud calculated by the UK Government, benefit fraud is the second lowest. Only identity fraud which costs individuals £1.4billion a year comes below it.
Date: 30 Sep 2013

>morality is an inherent virtue of man.
lol
This is why everything you libs do turns into disasters, because you simply deny reality

>honered

Who said anything about fraud? I'm just talking about millions of extra claimants arriving almost overnight. Even the ones who work (not the Romanians, then, because even if they wanted to work they're pretty much unemployable) almost certainly claim housing benefit and tax credits.

You now have to wait a month for an appointment at my local doctor surgery - and when you get there the waiting room is full to the brim with foreigners.

This is fucking criminal, what's being done here. There are too many people here - most of whom wouldn't stand a chance under a points-based system because there's absolutely nothing remarkable about them. But standards are raysis, right?

Climate change is creating more and more habitable places for mosquitoes carrying malaria to live since areas that were once too cold for mosquitoes to live have been warming.

Hundreds of millions die from malaria every year, ISIS have killed around 500,000 at best since they have come into existence.

That is just one side effect from climate change too, and that is only one disease of many that mosquitoes carry.

ISIS is not an issue and their end goal is another World War. Don't give them war and they will most likely collapse within a decade. The new recruits will dry up when they see that the organization isn't getting any results. The best course of action is to leave them and the entirety of the Middle East alone.

Conservatives deny reality?

"Honored" isn't much better though.

>The best course of action is to leave them and the entirety of the Middle East alone.
Yes, if only Zionist-controlled America would just leave the Middle East alone. And stop bankrolling ISIS. That would be just peachy.

>Everyone I disagree with is a /pol/ack

They won't stop bankrolling ISIS because once that issue is gone people will start looking for other ones, like how much money is being traded between big businesses and the government. They need issues that evoke strong emotion, issues that keep eyes away from boring shit like our politicians being bought. Sand niggers beheading and shooting eachother and sometimes killing a few hundred people in Western nations is exactly what they need to keep the heat off of them.

Thats a good thing, let the mudskins die in their millions, let their agriculture collapse, thats what we gotta do to fix this world up

The average IQ of the world has declined like 5 points over the last few decades

oh, thats out of my knowledge then

>The average IQ of the world

You don't sound too bright yourself user, you realize this do you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

It's not only mudskins though, we thought that things like Zika would stay in the South American shitholes but cases of it have cropped up in the southern states of the US. Granted, it's not as big of a problem here because of how effective our medical treatments are compared to those nations, it's still alarming for the disease to have spread this far North regardless.

I am not talking about the IQ tests.

I am talking about you and the way you express yourself.

Perhaps I should've been more clear. I think you have very childish opinions, yet you parade them with pride while sitting on a high horse of self righteousness. But I do wonder if you do realize this or remain willfully ignorant of this situation.

>Well, we're fucked if it's real. Why do we care in the first place?

So we can begin preparations to mitigate the worst of it. For example putting money into levee and dike construction or into better irrigation and water conservation efforts.

>dike construction

We don't need lesbians building shit.

And the last thing we need is more irrigation. There are too many irrigants here already.

shut up, you're shilling for a snake oil salesman who promised you the moon and you do it for FREE

You're pathetic.

is this the only board not infested by /pol/turds? How do we fix this degenerate site?

>Nobody invests in training local doctors
>Wages for nurses/midwifes are shit compared to three work they have to do
>Nobody has the balls to just increase tax
>It's just not politically expedient
>Consequently a fuck load of cheaper labour has to be found
>Some time later "I think you'll find we need immigrants to keep the NHS running"

I hate people like you so god damn much its unreal. The over reliance on foreign labour is an argument to get more people from the Home countries training to enter the medical profession.

I think that was mostly just people travelling to south america then coming back & falling sick

?

His administration is most likely just going to try to put power back in the hands of the state by dismantling various federal agencies.

The government will also do stuff like dodge standards for foreign labor
Or underpay them

>?

>"did I say "crap the bed"? I meant "piss the bed"".
>not just changing what you originally typed

why do people do this on the internet?

Which part of my post indicates my IQ

?
Do you not understand the retarded "joke" he intended?

>is this the only board not infested by /pol/turds?

This board is infected by those from pol.

Look at the climate change / global warming threads who, apparently, were made by them in the first place.

sci is attractive for most people. Mainly because they consider it a place where smarties gather. They are not entirely wrong.

The problem is when pol users are confronted with a different reality once they arrive. As they encounter here something they lack (a scientific proper approach to things instead of a radical non nonsensical one) and, in the process, they shit up the board.

was for

Theres 26 different people in this thread

>standards for foreign labor

Here language requirements are often, shall we say secondary to skill. Which means you can go see Dr. Hassan if you want, but he's no idea what you're saying.

Theres often a big gap between "able to speak english/pass a test" and actually being fluent in english

More like you're still butthurt you lost the election and now you say anyone that remotely supported Trump or doesn't say anything negative about him is shilling for him. That honestly sounds pretty fucking pathetic to me, especially since the election was 3 months ago and you STILL haven't gotten over it.

A wave of Anti-Intellectualism is what put him into the office.

As witnessed on Veeky Forums, it is currently popular to denounce science and the scientific community.

The results should not be surprising.

>alt-right

That's a label that has become controlled-opposition synonymous with white-nationalist (I'm a black trumpfag). Trump really is more of a neo-liberal with a helping of "countrymen-first" nationalism and social conservatism. He's pro-universal healthcare but somehow he's viewed as the opposite because he's against the corporatist ACA.

You're a fool if you think the whole of government is going to get smaller under his watch. That doesn't mean other areas won't get less regulated.

>Net neutrality hater(Ajit Pai) in charge of Federal Communications Commission(rip internet),
Regulations that limit who can provide internet is the real problem. You knock those out and the people who try to sell you differing "internet packages" will get raped by the 8x6 cock known as the Free Market

>Global warming denier(Scott Pruitt) in charge of environmental protection agency,
CC is a problem but it's not an eminent problem since we were all supposed to be dead by now under Al Gore's old predictions. At least Trump will continue what Obama is doing in supporting the growth of nuclear power.

>Religious nutjob as vice-president...
He's religious but you do know the whole "shock gays" thing is a meme right? He's never promoted "gay conversion therapy" even once.

>You're a fool if you think the whole of government is going to get smaller under his watch.
I guarrentee that it will, because thats the "swamp" being drained
Or all the democrat supporting bureaucrats

>A wave of Anti-Intellectualism is what put him into the office.
>Says one of the many faggots who unironically thing Russia is the reason why he won

Trying to be objective for a moment. While he takes a highly skeptical position on climate change, he also seems to be far more open to practical alternatives to coal and oil, like natural gas and nuclear fission, than his predecessors, with the caveat that he wants these alternatives to be phased in gradually enough that it's not flat out driving thousands of people out of work without new jobs for them to fall back on. He could prove to be the first pro-nuclear power president in decades.

And, credit where credit is due, his whole "American exceptionalism" platform seems to be genuine in its intent, which could be extremely good for science and engineering in the United States if it ends up encouraging the kind of nationalistic attitude towards research and technology we enjoyed in the 50s and 60s.

Why do you assume hes part of the people who believe that?

He literally doesn't know the reason why Trump won: the fucking economy in the Rustbelt has been stagnant for 8 years and people in those states are sick of Obama's failed policies affecting their lives negatively