I got my hands on a couple of aged beef steaks. I don't want to waste these so how should I cook these babies?

I got my hands on a couple of aged beef steaks. I don't want to waste these so how should I cook these babies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rWUx8F7CGq8?t=220
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

coat them in olive oil and slide those babies down your throat blue rare

Pittsburgh style

Well done if you don't want violent food poisoning. Gotta cook 25 minutes on both sides at 450 degree or else you risk salmonella constraction BIG TIME. Seroously Op, take it from me, rare steak is a scam invented by the Jews to kill white people more quickly.COOK YOUR STEAKS ALL. THE. WAY. THROUGH!!!

Heat a cast iron pan till blazing, no oil, toss em in, 75 seconds a side. 90 is better but it looks like you got thin steak, which is gay. Then cheat on life and use a thermo that reaches outside the oven, cook till 142f then remove to a warm plate for 4 minutes resting. And next time don't be such a salad eating homosexual, get a proper sized steak.

Pic is semi related, those are aged steaks I pulled from google.

>no seasoning
white people are weird. should they be allowed to cook?

Steak has enough flavor on its own and seasoning interferes with that, you nog.

Lmfao they are both 28 days

>falling for the "aged meat" meme

I've got a couple steaks I've been "aging" in my freezer for the past 2 years. I'll hook you up with a good price.

I didn't include everything. Salt and Pepper are fine, can do lots of different things with steak, though with dry aged beef not much point to flavor it past s&p, considering you bothered to make it so beefy flavored already. Also use less s&p than you think you want, it comes through strong.

Also, put it on a pan with a rack, so that it stays elevated above the pan. Shit will be perfect.

lel. whitey would think that. a old piece of meat is already too much "flavor" for their palate.

>drowning your food in so many spices you LITERALLY shit slurry on a daily basis

get the fuck out you indian street shitter

The better the steak, the easier the recipe.
Season with salt and pepper only, cook to your liking (medium at most I hope) with your preferred method.
Rest a bit.
Enjoy with bread or roasted veggies for side.

youtu.be/rWUx8F7CGq8?t=220

In a toaster. Actually how dangerous is this really? Wouldn't the steak juices just start a fire in the toaster?

hang yourself upside down, slowly stuff them into your anus and wait until they come out of your mouth

i did this surf and turf yesterday with cast iron

i prefer charcoal but it was cold and dark. turned out nice. meat was seasoned with salt, seared and finished in the oven to med-rare

fresh ground pepper on the plate because i hate burnt pepper

jesus christ at least put some salt and pepper on it before you throw it in the pan i hope you're not serving this to guests lmao

To be fair, besides salt and pepper an aged filet or similar shouldn't need much.

Maybe a red wine reduction or something if you're into that.

your comment is a scam invented by the jews to keep unsuspecting anons from enjoying life

Dry aged beef has a lower moisture content which, under proper conditions, is less hospitable for bacteria than a cut of fresh meat. Cook that shit however you like OP.

immunocompromised people should not eat aged meat at all
everyone else would do well to consider going at least to medium, or using pasteurization in a sous-vide setup

immunocompromised people should just let natural selection take them out so the master race doesn't have to coexist with their whining.

shut the fuck up retard

So many retards here:

1) Take it out the fridge, sprinkle a bit of salt on both sides let it rest for half an hour. This won't dry out the steak because that only happens when you don't let it rest long enough. In fact, this is how you get it juicier.

2) Get a cast iron skillet smoking hot.

3) Put the steak on and turn over ever 30 seconds or so to keep it heating consistently. Don't believe the myth that this will cause it to lose juices.

4) When it's about halfway done (use a thermo for about 100 degrees) get a slice of butter and put it on the side of the skillet. When it melts down, bask the steak repeatedly with each turn. Throw some thyme or rosemary on there, too, if you want.

5) Remove from heat when thickest part is 140 degrees. Set aside on a cutting board or something and let rest for 10 minutes.

Cracked some fresh black pepper on it before serving.

DO THIS.

I bought some dry aged prime ribeye last week and cooked them basically this exact same way. Perfect crust (at med rare) and you could basically cut it with a fork. Shit was cash.

Also, if you MUST season them (outside of salt n pep) wait until AFTER cooking or else the seasonings will burn on the hot skillet.

thawed out steaks, hot pan, olive oil, salt and fresh cracked pepper on steaks, first side 60secs then flip and wait 60s, flip again wait 30s then one last flip and wait 30secs, let rest for 3mins. enjoy

the best steak I ever had was weirdly on an amtrak on my way to florida. Not sure why they had 40 day dry aged steaks on an over night train, but I wont complain

Anyone got a good steak recipe that doesn't involve just olive oil and salt&pepper? It seems to be an American thing to not try anything else with steak than just these three things.

follow any steal recipe that looks good to you and if it asks for olive oil and salt and pepper, dont add them in.
easy as that.

Cook them slightly harder than you would fresher steaks. If you usually cook to 46-48°C you can go 52-54°C instead.
t. Actual cook who's been serving 75 day dry aged beef for the weekend.

>amerifat thing

One of the reasons we only use those three things is because when you use the good quality prime beef that is widely available in the states, you want it's flavor to really come through, not a bunch of spices. If you want spiced beef, other cheaper cuts are better to use.

One thing I have done with Choice grade ribeye is marinate it in a Korean BBQ style. That comes out quite nice, but I wouldn't do it with a Prime grade.

You get use some steak rub if you want I guess.
Or make a French sauce, like Bearnaise.

Salt and pepper is all you need on quality aged unless your nigger version of quality aged is this.

And why is that?

This.
I bet there's a stampede a few hours later coming out your rear hole.

Such quality
So aged

So flavor
Much savings

Why would you add anything else but that to a good steak? You want to taste the steak not the fucking spices. Steak isn't like chicken, is tastes great on its own. Do you add a ton of spices to your seafood, as well?

They're dried out from ageing and will feel tougher than vacuum tenderized meat if cooked low. At the same time they're tenderized from the curing and can take a higher core temperature without going dry. I know this seems contradictory, but it is nevertheless true. Dry aged meat is simply very different.
This is all nonsense. If you think flavouring covers rather than adds - YDIW. If you can only pick out one note of flavour from a dish or complexly flavoured component then you have a fucking childs palate, mate.

>dried out
>therefore cook it to a higher temperate
what?

Honestly between that and saying a good steak wouldn't be ruined with too much seasoning I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you're not a very good chef.

Who said anything about using too much of anything? As for not very good chef ... I know where I work, with whom and how many GR stars. You don't. Take the advice or leave it. Or try it yourself if they even have dry aged beef in your midwestern trumpistan state.

Sorry bud. I'm in California. Born and raised in the Bay Area with some of the best food in the nation within a 15 mile radius. I know a good steak when I have one. And they don't add much more than salt, pepper and some aromatics.

>and some aromatics
So you do flavour your stakes. Way to blow holes in that argument there then, my septic pal.

Salt and pepper also flavor steaks. When did I say I don't add any seasoning?

Found the guy who has never had a Prime grade steak.

Bake them in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes.

Great blog post about your shitty looking food, faggot.

now this is a man who knows how to eat

Since i can never be bothered to finish a pan seared steak in the oven, I sometimes have a hard time getting it as done as I want. Is this flipping method meant to address such a problem?

Yes. By flipping you will help cook it evenly. It is widely believed that this will cause it to lose juices but, like searing locks in the juices, this is just a myth. Looks like I forgot to mention searing the sides as well.

Personally, I prefer it to oven as I use a thermometer and I can really keep a careful watch on my temperature.

And what master race is that? The one that will be extinct by 2100 aka white people?

Put them in a 500 degree oven for 6-8 hours. That should do the trick. Don't forget to let them rest for 10 minutes after cooking so the juices redistribute.

>the master race
So, Asians?

if you can afford good steaks, you should invest in one of those sous vide sticks, pic related, I cooked this on my first try. best steak I ever ate

t. USDA

>let it rest for half an hour
In the fridge or no?

No, you want it to warm up a bit. Even the FDA would say this is perfectly fine to do. Your food will not get bacteria or toxins from this.

well done
ketchup

>a dated meme

These assholes need to die. Violently. And slowly.

I do pretty much the same thing, but instead of flipping every 30 seconds, I cook each side for about 4 minutes. Comes out great.