In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded

>In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Why does Veeky Forums believe this?

'Cause we can hear it.

Nothingness is infinite potentiality. Nothing is, paradoxically, everything

Science is gay.

>there was nothing
only Christifags believe this

Explain

there was definetly something, in form of matter and energy

>all of time in space in a single point
>all gravity in the universe in a single point
>gravity so dense time is slowed to a literal stand still

would time even exist? if time doesn't exist, then how does any reactions occur which lead to the big bang? IMO it would need to come from another universe where there is time. Big bang was caused by our universe interacting with another universe. But that's just my opinion.

Jesus stfu seen u here before

Gravity didnt come into existence until afterward. I think its the last force allegedly

I have "nothing" to say to you

Every. Single. Week.
MOOOOOOODSSSSSSSSSSS

Nah, time wouldn't have existed.
>how would any reactions occur
There wasn't "nothing" before the Bang. There was definitely something, some embodiment of energy, but it existed in a different dimension. It obviously didn't follow the rules of time and space that we do. "It" interacted with another "it", possibly (not necessarily a universe), to give rise to a constancy in time, which is where we exist.

>>/sqt/
Please leave

*click click*
[START SIMULATION YES/NO]
>>>[YES]
*click*

Wish he picked [NO] 2bh

We don't. We believe this.

>doesn't actually know what Christian believes
>still feels entitled to an opinion

>in the beginning there was nothing and then there was god

That's even worse. A big bang seemingly coming out of nowhere is simpler to explain than a literally incomprehensible omnipotent being coming out of nowhere. You have traded a firecracker with a hand grenade.

If I created a jump drive that allowed me to jump 200 billion light years into a single direction would I be able to go into a space that was unaffected by the bing bang or does space exist because there was the big bang?

Funny because that's what OP is doing.

Space exists because there was a big bang.

The big bang is not creation from nothing. The "singularity" was not nothing and likely had a finite size (in a sense). It's just that our concepts of spacetime and the standard model break down at that point. None of this "something from nothing" nonsense.

>t's just that our concepts of spacetime and the standard model break down at that point.

I like to imagine someone booted up their computer and are playing Sim Universe.

I take issue with the standard model lagrangian written in the mass basis if we're trying to describe our universe before electroweak symmetry breaking or confinement......

What made that something? It had to all start somewhere. How did matter just start to exist?

First of all, our known universe is a part of something bigger, the big bang is one piece from a chain reaction.
For all we know the big bang could have been an exit point from a black hole.
second.
Matter is an illusion, there is only energy.
Our solar system is a vortex system, it goes round in, i think 26milj. years.
Life is not the illusion, the world around us is.

You are a fucking retard who doesn't know shit about science. Get off /sci

No
He means that only christfags believe scientists believe there was nothing

> It had to all start somewhere.

Why?

There is not an origin story that would make intuitive sense for us.

Something came from something.
Something came from nothing.

Those seem to be the only options and neither makes a lot of intuitive sense.

Most physicists/cosmologists currently believe that there almost definitely was "something" before the Big Bang...it's very likely our universe (or at least a universe) existed in some capacity.

But it still happens every second
please look up quantum foam, the more you confine a measurements interval, the larger the deviation in its energetic outcome will be, which usually spawns particles out of nothing
Casimir effect also has such properties

fuck off retard

Nothing doesn’t exist.
Particles look like particles because they are given they appearance because of the high energy density not because of the *matter*.

This is 2017 you know...

What are you talking about? It has nothing to do with energy density for the most part...just any old field excitation would do.

And I have no idea the point you're trying to make that separates particles and "matter." But this board always kills me cause it's filled with high schoolers and intro undergrads who think they know what they're talking about.

My physics professor (who specialized in quantum mechanics) stated "The more I learn about quantum mechanics, the more I realize I don't know about quantum mechanics."

no sir, i don't believe in flying horses and coming back from the death, i think religion comes from the mistranslation and misunderstanding.

Mohamed turned his horse on its back and fucked it , explaining "he is flying, getting his feet of the ground", and since he was a bit sweaty taking that horse-dick up his ass, you might say he felt closer to the burning hot sun, given that experience.

Just a crazy idea i wanted to share.

Not really what that means. 1.) You're talking about the uncertainty principle, and an undergraduate, simplified version of that. The full version is much more subtle. And spin foam...well, emergent spacetime is far beyond the concept of "measurement inverals."

2.) Casimir effect isn't really spawning particles out of nothing. Although this is one description (exciting virtual vacuum modes), one can completely formulate the Dynamic Casimir Effect and Casimir effect in terms of non-zero polarizations within the matter that generates such phenomenon (i.e. the energy came from somewhere, and you don't need vacuum creation).

If you cannot explain something in simple terms, you don't understand it

you think i'm joking right now kid?
i want to be a viking dual wielding two polearms and proceed to wreck the battlefield with them
but apparently you're too much of a FAGGOT to realize how fucking sweet that sounds so you stick to your pussy ass crossbow or board and club
BLUGBLUIBGLUBGLUBGLUBGU
hear that? that's the sound of you sucking dicks FFFFAGGOT
stop sucking so many dicks FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGGGOPT

Yeah, despite what you heard on PBS, that is complete bullshit. Not everything can be understood simply. That's why physicists get a bachelors, then a phd on top of that--each year building on the year before. I have a PhD in theoretical particle physics, and I'm trying to teach the dumb fucks in this forum something since ya'll asked. But every single time, some worthless dumb fuck of a self-proclaimed intellectual spouts this Nova/PBS sensationalist bullshit at me. You're a retard, and my only solace is when I get the chance every quarter to fail retards like you.

That's obviously not true.

kek
Yeah, you're just another shithead who feels the need to boast with your shitty non-accomplishments
Your (doubtful) degrees mean shit if you do not actually contribute anything to science, worthless papers you wrote so far included

But my degree does make me somewhat of an expert related to the topic asked, especially my multiple publications on the thermal history of the early universe. You fools should learn the difference between a brag and a statement made to put a fool in their place. When someone decides to cite their quantum prof who's a "specializes in quantum mechanics" (which nobody has done for 50 years), I decide it's time to stop telling the fools speak. But sure, stay mad.

There wasn't nothing. Google Hartle–Hawking state

>Had a complex concept explained
>Reject it for a silly pedagogical rule of thumb
Well done Veeky Forums

literally DUDE SOPHISTRY LMAO the explanation

why do scientists pretend to understand metaphysics

To be fair, with the right model of quantum gravity, the question posted to start the thread isn't metaphysics but has a (somewhat) quantitative meaning...so that would be one reason

Who the fuck are you even talking about fucking retard?

One day you will get there too kiddo!

lol stay classy

way to put your toilet paper of a degree to good use

Because i think i'm trying to convince someone that thinks he can touch something and therefore state it is matter, it doesn't , something has mass that doesn't mean it is matter...

Fix your grammar. I have no idea what you're trying to say. But I do agree not everything that has mass is matter (i.e. by convention gauge bosons are designated "force" carriers whereas fermions are "matter." Though, you don't have to be able to touch them (i.e. neutrinos). But I really have no idea what your point is--I'm pretty sure you just don't know what your point is (or much anything for that matter). But go ahead, post some more nonsense rants for us.

not sure what you are trying to covey here,
but there is nothing wrong with being a cashier at mcdonalds

Please kill yourself immediately

Wouldn't you run out of computational power eventually?

LITERALLY nobody knows what happened.

So there's no point in having a discussion unless you actually like just asserting speculation for hours on end.

>my degree
>my PHD
Post it bro. Go post it in the Veeky Forums degree thread. Otherwise you're just full of shit and need to stop speaking immediately, because you lost all credibility.

My understanding is that tbb is a point before which there is no reliable way to know what was going on. Energy density just too high.

A bad analogy: suppose a garden was cultivated from a bed of ash. You could trace back the plants through generations but ultimately you cant recken back further than the original bed of ash. The ways to determine where the ash came from dont exist. The fire creating the ash is the big bang.

Its also my popsci understanding that when people tell me 'muh singularity doesnt make sense' obviously it tended towards a singularity.

/thread

Incorrect: Not all sci think "nothing exploding" happened. Not everyone with science smarts is "certain" it happened. It is for the closed-minded, the weak, the intellectually-stunted and for those with limited imagination.

It is appropriate that you used "...believe..." rather than "...think...," for certainly one who is thinking (open-minded) would never accept [mindless, thoughtless, unquestioning] beliefs over sincere thought, analysis and thoughtfulness.

1) There are people who never question how we came to be, are not interested, too deep for them.
2) There are religious people (believing in a being who takes away all their responsibility, justifies or forgives any of their actions and denies the contributions from others saying their god brought them to help them)
3) There are people who defiantly and adamantly do NOT want to be religious (don't want to defer control to a supreme being that, if real, would be staying out of our affairs anyway and so be irrelevant). These are people who want to find answers, not just another question of how a god could always exist.

Most of you start with the presumption that a physical world exists, because that's what you were taught you ought to believe. Most lack the spirit to imagine this is a top-level, shared dream: our unlimited possibility of imagining ourselves bodies and a place to be.

It is far more likely that time and space are mere concepts of an unlimited being, and that this being is the only consciousness that does or ever will exist. Most people will deny this "reasonably likely" possibility because they'd have to face the most intense of loneliness and their own ultimate personal responsibility for finding the answer or continuing to live and die and live again. Most people have far many physical desires (toys, flashy cars, pretty clothes, gaudy houses) because they lack spirit. For whatever reason, they were born spiritually bankrupt.

>What is advanced civilization

Why not try to test me instead? You could've literally googled anything, looked inside any quantum field theory textbook, or scrolled the arxiv and tried to find out if I had a PhD the easy way. But instead, you just whine. Why do the self-proclaimed intellectual type always feel so threatened when somebody who knows what they're talking about speaks? There's a couple of really bright people that frequent these boards. Stop being a fuck if you actually want to learn something and not scare them off.

Also, very few people have the courage/stupidity to post their degrees when they both have a job and call people "fucks" and "retards" in these forums (as I do). So I bet you default to this "post your degree" shit a lot, just so you can convince yourself that all these people aren't smarter (or at least more knowledgeable in these threads) than you.

The Bogdanoffs confirmed that's what happened since they were present during the big bang.

>take pic of degree with timestamp
>block out identifying features

um...brainlets?

we do not and as far as we know can not ever know anything about the conditions before the big bang. We can't say there was nothing, and we can't say there was something.

Classic Straw Man Argument.

The Scientific Consensus is not and has never been "nothing" just "not matter"; matter isn't the only thing in existance you know.

Things like that are more on the realm of phylosopy than math.

First there was only the Void, The Abyss, the Darkness, Nothing. The Void, in it's infinite loneliness, created Something. This was the first paradox and the One True Miracle. Something then, was The First Light. Unfortunately for the void though, as something and nothing are mutually exclusive principles, there was also born Space, so the dark will never touch the Light. Something though, was bored, so it's Light fragmented in Space and instead became the Everything that comprises existence. Void though, in it's infinite sadness and jelousy - for it's Nothing - created Time, which claims everything back - the time you used reading this was unique and will not happen again the same, it was claimed into Undoing by Time. Everything that once was must never be again, that's the One Great Sin, and the nature of time. It'sthe Toll of Existence, and the birth of death.

What nor time or space nor void could understand is that by something descending into smallers everythings, it was instead creating means to becoming Something More, and this is the Greater Miracle or Superation, a conscequence of growth brought by loss, so by things never being the same, they end turning into something else. This is the basic ambition, or rather, the True Ambition, present in every living being heart and it's yerning is called Hope or Future. The present or Now is the ever fight between Joy&Pain, the past is Memory or Story, which is a necessary counterfeit to the original Experience, or the Original Lie, because it's never accurate by definition. Time aways wins the battle, puting Death at the end of every beings History (the real deal that nobody knows). But by bringing Death, comes selection and Evolution/Progress that eventualy wins this Original War. Thanks, Darwin.

Well, that escalated quickly. Basically I got inspired after reading the aphocrypal evangelion and tried my hand on making the same using the big bang. I think it's pretty dope, maybe I could use this into a videogame?

>There are religious people (believing in a being who takes away all their responsibility, justifies or forgives any of their actions and denies the contributions from others saying their god brought them to help them)

Well, into my cosmology those contributions are born of Evolution, which father is Work and mother Experience, and it's children are Legacy and Memory...Or something like that.

Now Gods would be heros that became meme beings with legacy in culture. So, let's say killing is wrong for the god of order who was a powerfull governant who created this law, but not for the god of war who was a fighter of legend.

...And then come the hebrews and say their god is both at the same time.

>there was nothing
L0Lno fgt pls

>God came out of nowhere
Uh no. God had always existed and always will exist. He didn't come out of anywhere.

We are just fields uppon junctioning fields. When primordial fields interjected first, our universe was born. In a well defined point is a field with it's own objects and particles, who are actually more nuances uppon nuances of crossing fields. God might see our universe as a droplet in a sea of chemical reactions I think, each reaction a big bang.

We are in the image of god the same way a galaxy is the image of a solar system and a solar system to an atom. Ever increasing in cmplexity fractal, yo.

it's the creation myth of the science religion, nobody really believes it without attributing it to an uncreated creator.

>nothing wrong with being a cashier at mcdonalds
true, and you are contributing more to mankind than a string theorist.

Shutit faganaldickspawn

>and we can't say there was something
dumb

Then I can say that the energy on the big bang always existed. There was no need for a creator.

bullshit
We're a destabilization event from a previously existing/parallel universe.
STEADY STATE WILL MAKE A RETURN JUST YOU FUCKING WAIT

Death worship - as in the Materialist model of Death - is the main tenet of Materialism/Positivism/Realism. Regardless of the properties of that which keeps turning when we look away, if there even is such a thing, Scientism's only purpose is dehumanization. It only presents (allegedly) Objective information if it can be used to consolidate the Mental prison.

We live in the Matrix. Wake up sheeple.

>mental prison

What did he mean by that?

I'd say it's more the worship of consistency. We all as intelligent beings live by defining the chaos by rembering what repeats, so we live another moment. Not many die out of the replicable models, so this model will remain consistent for a long time.

protip: the "reality" of your mind is not the reality of reality, if ya catch my drift. You were the matrix all along, Neo.

I enjoy reading posts like yours user, they often inspire me into researching deeper by allowing me to identify topics where I lack knowledge.

I'd still fail your class tho

You design a computer that designs more efficient computers.

Then you use that computer to design a more efficient more-efficient-computer-designing-computer. Repeat and boom infinite computational power

>You design a computer that designs more efficient computers.

No way. Each simulation loses resolution because, in addition to the original information content that made a thing a thing, you need more information content to control the original thing.

For example, if we want a neuron simulation, we need the information that makes a neuron a neuron plus the operating system to run the neural simulation.

why do we start philosophy threads on Veeky Forums
one side of the argument will talk about scientific fact and the other half will disregard it

A true scientist believes in nothing, but he does what works, and that should be all "belief" he ever needs. For now big bang seems convenient enough, so now scientists "believe" big bang.

Also "big bang" make'em sound like cowboys, which is pretty rad.

this, scientists believe the most probable theory until another is presented

the whole point of the scientific method is that nothing is set in stone and one should be willing to challenge any of their preconceived notions about scientific "fact"