What's the best Chinese food and why is it curry chicken?

What's the best Chinese food and why is it curry chicken?

Literally all them stirfrys

You misspelled "general Tso's chicken"

Chicken black bean
Kung Po

Not chinese

>""""""chinese""""""""
>""""""food"""""

You're close. It's roast pork curry with white onions, peas, beansprouts, mushrooms and egg fried rice.

Over the years I've whittled down my choices in Chinese food to 2 locations. One, Chans Peking 2 burned down a few years ago, opening back up only a few months ago. The other, Hung Far 2, (yes that's the name) has been a client of mine before they opened their doors 12 years ago (Syscofag here).

I've watched their family grow and American dream come true. Our children are friends and spend time at eachother's houses. BBQ together, vacations together as well. Good people. That being said they've never let me order off the menu, instead text or call me when they've prepared family meal for their staff asking if I want some, or drop food off when picking up their son from my house.

I get American chinese at Chan's Peking. I can't resist it, even with access to "real" Chinese food.

Chicken balls, chips, fried rice and curry sauce

A traditional Chinese meal

The "Village chicken" from the Sichuan place I like is better. That and their thinly sliced beef shank in hot chili oil. And the pickled vegetables. And the pork soup dumplings. Basically everything on the menu.

Neither is curry chicken.
Also Orange chicken > General Tso's although its a fight for the top two spots

General Tsos is so one-note, it's just boring. I don't see how anyone likes the take-out dishes that don't have vegetables in them.

Chinese curry is so thin and characterless. Pretty boring.

I absolutely love black bean sauce dishes. I especially like when I get a few of the little beans in one bite and get that burst of savory goodness.

Egg foo young is really good when done really well. Too many places have mediocre egg foo young.

dandanmein

for me it is the boneless spare ribs, the best chinese food

The greatest Chinese dish is objectively lipu taro looped meat. Everything else is WRONG.

t. chink chef

/thread

also, you need at least 3 orders of rangoons

You wouldn't happen to have the house recipe would you boss?

Desu there's too many steps, not worth cooking it at home. Don't know the proper recipe anyway, the one I ate at my dads rural village was much better than mine.

I work in kitchens too. Shame.

Thanks for the heads up on the dish brother.

>He eats all his Chinese food alone like some loser

One person gets the meat dish, one person gets meat and veggie dish, and one person just like fried rice and everyone shares

re gan mian

good taste

That's fucking based. I actually googled Hung Far 2 and it's a real restaurant. I wish you well, user. I'm glad to see you've become their friends.

Lmao she has makeup on her tits to make them look bigger.

I hate this shit. Some asshole inevitably orders the most bland, safe thing on the menu, because they're scared of whatever else is offered, and then of course eat a ton of everyone else's food that's actually good.

So you end up with half a plate full of orange chicken and white rice.

That said, dishes full of veggies tend to screw you out of what you really ordered. The places near me are always like 80% filler when it's a veggie stir fry, which defeats the purpose when it's the same price.

probably siu mei in general for nostalgia reasons. used to always have these for lunch

v nice picks user. my father loves reganmian while i always cook dandanmian

The veggie dishes are a scam, just like buying salads. Fuck that.

Veg is nice though.

Best dish I've had at a Chinese place was salted egg yolk prawns. A Singaporean friend tells me this is actually Singaporean but so is claiming all sorts of shit as Singaporean so who even knows.

Checkmate

pork dumplings ftw!

Aw, Christ. tfw craving lunch from the Chinese place near your uni at twelve am

Fuck yes. Just don't buy cheap frozen ones from the shops and expect a good time.

>Believing the yellow man can create tasty food from magical curry powders.