Whats the longest time you have cooked meat?

Whats the longest time you have cooked meat?

3 hours in pot, nicely falls apart. But dont know when it gets hard again.

Are slow cookers a meme for the cheap fatty meats?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_stock
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Are slow cookers a meme for the cheap fatty meats?
yes

I think the longest I've had meat roasting was 14 hours, but that was a whole pig in a pit.

Use your oven, OP. Get a nice fatty roast, put it fat side up, and leave it in the oven at 300-325 for like six hours (depending upon the size). Crock pots are only good as crocks for fermenting (because 'fermentation crocks' are way overpriced).

14hrs in a smoker.

I just watched this movie for the first time last night.

Pretty entertaining. Liked all the headshots.

>Whats the longest time you have cooked meat?

18 hours to sous vide a roast.

i cooked a smallish prime rib roast for 7-8 hours or something

came out perfect

Under 24h

Is there a food that is kept for over 12 hours in heat?

Did a brisket for 36 hours in a sous vide. Typically do ribs for 24 hours in a SV as well. Meat comes out ridiculously tender every time, very tasty.

Over 24h i mean

my grandma always said
>a whistling woman or a barking dog
>is fit for neither man nor god

My family has an electric smoker so I've smoked a turkey for like 8 hours or something.

I have a slow cooker and I think it's best for soups, those I've cooked for 8 hours. I've cooked chicken a few ways in it and pulled pork. A pork shoulder for 8 hours was delicious.

15 hours in a smoker
Ten or eleven hours for a suckling pig in a firepit
72 hours for sous-vide short ribs at work, if that counts

Yeah, usually just really big cuts of meat though. Some notable exceptions are super-long sous vide cooks (like the short ribs I mentioned) and smoking.

Also the traditional way to make stock was to have a pot that never left the fire- you'd add bones to it as you got them, top it up with veg and water as needed, and take stock out of it when you needed stock.

I usually do pork shoulder for 24hrs in Sous Ziploc. It's probably hardly different than it is at 12 hours, but I'm at work then. It's more convenient to just plan for things to cook ~24h.

48 hour sous vide short rib. came out almost gelatinous, wasn't super pleased but it was interesting

i like to bbq meats for 8 to 12 hours.

12 pound packer brisket, 14 hours @ 225f.

Slow-roasted a brisket once over a very small open flame for 83 1/4 hours. It came out dry.

hey, finnfam

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_stock
reminds me of this dirty shit

Not all bridget fans are finnish

Beef ribs at 250F for around 9 hours. Fucking delicious.