Butter on rice

>butter on rice
>butter on corn
>butter on veggies

is there an unwritten rule that buffets are not allowed to have a single healthy item? do they get kickbacks from hospitals and big pharma?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHaCKudtVi0
webstaurantstore.com/83/cold-beverage-concentrate.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you go to a buffet to eat healthy?

*eat healthily

dragged there for bs family meetup. can they just serve plain fuckin potatoes.

Generally buffets are in rural areas. In much of rural America fresh vegetables were often presented simply, often just boiled and topped with butter, salt and pepper. Plus a little butter wasn't going to hurt someone who worked all day on a family farm (and probably churned that butter themselves). The problem today is that the lifestyles in these rural areas changed much quicker than the locals' taste in food. Many of these folks still want to eat like grandpa did in his prime, failing to realize grandpa burnt off twice as many calories in a day as they do now.

>t. Vegan problems

Kys senpai

Apologies, thank you for the reminder

First of all, butter won't kill you.

Second of all, fuck off

How about you shut the fuck up and eat your food. Eat minimally and have a fuckin conversation with your family. You sound like a fuckin brat.

..... yeah, it's the butter on rice that makes buttered rice unhealthy. lmao at your life.

Butter makes everything taste good. All high end restaurants smother their cuisines in it and charge a fortune for it.

Butter is the oldest 'meme' food

Why is that Japanese faggot spam filtering the word 'meme'?

You're at a family get together, which pretty much means overeating if you're American. Especially given that your family chose a buffet for the occasion. So there's no way to win this one. You gotta roll with it. Just accept the fact there's nothing wrong with eating an entire day's worth of calories in a single meal every now and then, as long as your day to day diet is sensible. That's what you have control over, so that's where you assert it.

Meme

Most buffets have a salad bar. Some have steak and broiled fish with steamed rice.

Some also let you fuck the qt asian waitress

Where? I need to know.

>indentured 3rd world servants
>cute

Enjoy your hepatitis.

true dat

i just dont want to get fat eating butter on everything

sat fat is bad user

gross

true. good advice thanks user

its a bunch of old fat white women

salad was plain. all they had was basically lettuce and beets

>thinks any restaurants, especially cheap buffets, use actual butter on their food

Enjoy your partially hydrogenated soybean oil AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

*pause*

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOOK AT THIS DUDE AHAHHAHA

is soybean oil sat or unsat fat?

If you work in a restaurant you always see these things

It's concentrated estrogen is what it is, leading to bone density loss, obesity, mood swings, acne and gastro intestinal issues to name a few. Soy is poison. Fermented soy is a neutral through.

what if I want to be a qt girl

I don't know because I'm a retard. Anyways, if you're eating soybean oil you're already fucked. No need to see if it's saturated or not.

This is horrifying.

High estrogen levels in girls have negative health impacts too; it doesn't make them super feminine or anything like that; it's not HRT.

this stuff was a component in the best hot wings i've ever eaten in my life.

this guy is a faggot.

this comment is the best thing I've read in my life

this guy is a faggot

thenks :3

Some butter on your veggies isn't going to ruin your whole diet.

your smugness ruined it

try it with real butter and see how much better it tastes

Where are you even eating at anyway?

Why don't you just admit that you're a nigger and stop this ruse.

some shitstain buffet in the bible belt.

its pretty funny to watch the old white people be irritated by the loud nogs

im pale as a britfag

Sounds like Golden Corral. Parents dragged me to one yesterday. At least they had steak desu.

Then you're a delusional faggot.

>Butter on Rice

I...I thought that was orange juice from the thumbnail.

>salad was plain. all they had was basically lettuce and beets
I feel bad for you OP. I went to Golden Corral for the first time in over a decade a few weeks ago and loaded up on steamed veggies, baked sweet potato, and a spinach salad with tomato/mushroom/carrots/cucumber/sesame seed/red wine vinegar

>Buffet
>Eat Healthy

Pick one

>butter
>unhealthy

top kek sugar jew

>go to golden corral
>see brussel sprouts
>hunger intensifies
>walk up to tray
>filled with butter
>depression follows

>complaining that there's no healthy food at a restaurant where you pay to gorge yourself on 3x as much food as is normally healthy and is designed to fill you up on carbs

not him, but when i was a sophomore in college i found out that it was cheaper to go to a lunch buffet and not get a meal ticket. luckily they had a pretty good salad bar so i could get my veggies and it was actually a healthier spread than what my cafeteria offered (which consisted of burritos and pastas for most dishes).

>butter is unhealthy
git gud youtube.com/watch?v=KHaCKudtVi0

Wrong. They are fat because they aren't eating like grandpa anymore. They're eating cereal and drinking soda and sweet tea.

You definitely worked in the food service business if you know what this is. We used to call it hurl , as in throwing up. So inferior to butter, but hey it makes more profit !!!!!!

No I never worked in food service. I just like researching all of these "bulk" commercial-sized ingredients that restaurants use to save money. It's bizarre.

I've worked in many different places but only seen these at my first job at a sports arena.
Funny thing is, the sports arena had chefs and we charged tons of money and basically only served rich people (NHL games in Canada, so yes, they're all rich anyways.)
The perogies in the club buffet were fucking cheemos tossed in this fake butter. At least we used real onions.

True as well, but you can't consume $k+ calories a day when you only burn off 2k and not become obese.

>$k

Not everything is a conspiracy to make you fat, you're just a fat fuck.

>4k

k

It's both

this sounds interesting. tell us more.

webstaurantstore.com/83/cold-beverage-concentrate.html
Apparently this jugs of syrup concentrate will make 6 gallons of various fruit-flavored soda or tea/lemonade. They won't even front the money for Kool-Aid packets..

You do realise that purely from a cost perspective, buying Kool-Aid brand drink mix in bulk would actually be far better than cases of syrup jugs?

Restaurants don't just make decisions according to cost, they also factor in preparation and quality requirements. Syrup is more preferable than powdered mix because it's less messier, there's no risk of gritty undissolved residue, and can be used in soda fountains.

you seem knowledgeable. where can i buy snowcone syrup?

>high performance

It's like a motor oil.

This made me laugh too. What could it possibly mean?

So? Butter on bread and on potatoes is common, sometimes you'll see butter on pasta. Nothing wrong with putting butter on starchy foods.

i'm dying

working in the food industry, for the most part we just leave a few pounds of butter in a pot and scoop out the mlikfat for clarified butter. dunno what kind of restaurant would use that

It looks so happy

Hydrogenation is a process which turns unsaturated fat into saturated fat.

Partial hydrogenation leaves some of the fat molecules in a configuration between un- and saturated. This is called trans fat, and there isn't a good answer for how our body metabolizes it so many people/organizations/governments recommend avoiding it.

"Full" hydrogenation is never really full, but companies are allowed to print 0g trans fat if there is less than half a gram per serving. If you are eating something that looks like it should be a single serving and most people eat it as a single serving but the nutrition label says "2 servings," (think Pop Tarts) this is likely done because there is 0.9g tran fat in the package, but they want to put 0g on the label.

No worse than crisco/margarine/country crock/I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

:)

Butter? In a buffet restaurant? No. Just no. It's margarine.

>qt girl
>obesity, mood swings, acne and gastro intestinal issues

>At least we used real onions.
As opposed to?

Holy fuck, your grammar is atrocious..Jesus fuck...

Buffet owners season up and butter up dishes to make you feel full faster.

I don't know any places in Australia that do that. If you put butter on anything people wouldn't eat it here. Australians prefer simple and earthy tastes.

Whats wrong with it? Its really not that bad at all.

meme

BUTTER IS HEALTHY

>implying

>Auslards

And his point was valid. Stop being a cunt and contribute