Favorite local Pizzeria feels

>booths made of wood with burgundy cushions
>old newspapers of sports victories framed on the wall
>five old tube tv's hanging from the corners, the game is on.
>order at the window, then take your number and find a table, they'll bring it to you
>medium sausage, peppers and mushrooms, small Greek salad and an iced tea
>comfy

Who /hometownPizzaJoint/ here? Ever get nostalgic for it?

>not eating Grandma pie

Lolfaggot

Comet pizza and pingpong. Ask for their hotdog pie.

"I Love Pizza". Real original name, but the layout is about the same, minus the TVs and them bringing you the slices. Talking about it definitely makes me want a few slices.

I just went next door to this pizza place ive never tried to grab a few slices for lunch. The cashier overcharged me, and when i finally got my food the sausage was grey and slimy, the onions were diced and raw and stunk like they went bad. I ate half a slice and left without saying anything because im a pussy.

RED PLASTIC CUP OF YOUR CHILDHOOD COMING THROUGH

We had a Sir Pizza years ago that had telephones on each booth, and when you wanted to order, you just picked up the line and dialed 20 feet away and they brought your pizza out to you. Granted this was 20 plus years ago, but at the time I thought it was the greatest thing.

>immaculate slices, one plain one pepperoni served, impatiently, on a paper plate
>have to wait at least 5 minutes so it won't liquify the roof of your mouth
>plastic jug full of pre-ground black pepper inexplicably better than any other spice you've ever used in your life
>cross street and eat in park on summer afternoon with mom and brothers

comphy

Frank Pepe's. Original location is a short drive from my house, but the West Hartford location is just as good.

Probably the best pizza I've ever had. You could eat a medium to yourself and not feel like shit, the ingredients are grown by the family in Italy and imported. There is a family member always on duty at all locations to ensure the pies are Pepe worthy.

The Original Tomato pie is sauce heavy with a light grated cheese instead of the mozzarella and light sauce on the normal cheese pie. The Original Tomato pie is my preference, their sauce is incredible.

More good locations if you're in Connecticut:

Mike Vita's Chunky Tomato in Bristol

Sally's also in New Haven, the sister company of Pepe's. Started by one of Frank's relatives who took his recipe and modified it. Some people prefer Sally's.

BAR in New Haven. They have concerts and pool and shit here, awesome hangout and great za.

Marathon Pizza in New Britain: Run by a family friend of mine. The interior hasn't changed since it opened. Old wood paneling, pacman machine, etc. Very old school vibe but the best greek style pizza in CT. Incredible sauce and dough.

Mine was a hangout that had an arcade cabinet of X Men vs Street Fighter

Me and the boys would meet there and hang out around that cabinet, the manager was a kind of scummy guy he would tell us stories of the past when he went to concerts because we were rockers and we'd sometimes buy pizza, we would bring rock magazines and game magazines to share, sometimes old people would think we were like a gang, my friend was always buying a slice more than the rest of us who we'd mock him "GONNA GET A SLICE GONNA GET A SLICE", we kind of picked on him sometimes stealing the pepperonis from his slice or licking it if he left it unattended then we all laughed , the manager was bald on top he usually would comment on female customers to us when they left

>live half an hour away from northern US border
>go on vacation every summer
>Wildwood NJ, Ocean City MD, Myrtle Beach...
>DVD inbetween front car seats, GBA SP
>get McDonalds breakfast right after customs
>arrive to destination
>go to Pizza Hut or local dinner chain
>red cups and crayons everytime

such an insignificant detail but damn does the nostalgia hits hard

Stop duty free shopping in my Country you fucking parasite.

Fellow CTfag here. I'd recommend Sally's over Pepe's for sauce, but Pepe's over Sally's for bacon and onion, Modern for a more balanced crust, BAR for mashed potato pizza (with bacon and garlic), and Zuppardi's over in West Haven for a housemade sausage (pic related) that's better than any of the New Haven places.

I go to New Britain a fair bit for Polish food, but have never had pizza there. I will say that George's in Hartford does a very good Greek style, as well as the only buffalo chicken pizza that I've ever actually liked.

Oh, and if you want something different, try Colony Grill in Stamford. That's the original location, but I think they have a few other ones, including Milford and Fairfield. Their big deal is the "hot oil" that you can get as a topping - you can see how it causes the cheese to become pockmarked. It's the oil in which they cook their serrano peppers. Not for everyone, but definitely a nice change from the New Haven style places.

what in the holy hell

God damn user, just reading that was comfy as shit

Your asshole would suffer from that wouldn't it?

growing up there was a place we could walk to, get a slice and a coke. slices were bigger then (or i was just smaller), one felt like a meal, and it was enough. could pay with a bill or two, and some coins.

but what i really nostalgia for is the pizza at the roller rink. it was fucking mediocre, but there were arcade games in the corner, and non-stop 80s tunes to skate to. i'd give up on the best pizza to go back to that place again.

Where my minnesota bros at? Zorbaz is amazing stuff

My local pizzeria options are not great
>little caesars
>pizza hut
>some place run entirely by gay guys.

The gay pizza place ain't bad but their prices are a bit high and they are fucking slow cooks.

Holy shit what up fellow CT d00d.

You listed a lot of great places. Ever eat at Joey Garlics? They are also pretty good New Haven Style Pizza.

BAR's Mashed Potato bacon pizza is legendary and I have still yet to try it to myself.

CT really does have some of the best Pizza around. New York is overrated.

Anyways, there's a place called Village Pizza in my hometown of Wethersfield that has great pizza. It's run by two greek brothers, and it's a staple to our community. It very much has a similar vibe as OP described. All the food there is excellent and the staff are very nice. I always feel comfy whenever I go there.

We got a great place we order from called Neely's. They deliver but we occasionally go over there and grab a pie. It's exactly like OP described.

>BAR
>mashed potato pizza

fuck yes. not as famous as the other places but fucking good shit.

Since you mentioned Wethersfield, I have to mention the Wethersfield Pizza House. Not for pizza, but for bigass chicken parm grinders.

Looks good.
How much would that set me back?

For what you get the prices are very reasonable.

Shit I'd love to see how big the 16" one is, that's food challenge size

Maybe. There's definite heat to those things.

>Villa Italia in Belfast
>Tacky 90s Italian decorations inside with a clay statue of Venus, faux-brick walls and murals of ancient Italian looking towns.
>Order your pepperoni pizza
>Watch the chef throw the dough in the air and shape the base
>Watch it go into the brick oven
>Wolf down your fresh pizza and order a chocolate nut sundae for dessert.

Place is still open and hasn't changed much.
Still pretty damn good.
Comfy nostalgia feels whenever I see it.

Did you know obama ordered 67000 worth of succulent hotdogs in wiki links code word for male prostitutes

Little Italy in Winder, Georgia is my cozy pizza place.

>move to Winder with my parents and little brother around 1999
>hated it, rural town, new kid in school, etc
>some fridays though we'd order pizza from little italy
>new york style, huge slices
>restaurant was cozy
>dad would get sausage and mushroom, little brother and I would do a half cheese/half pepperoni, mom would usually just get a salad and have a slice or two of ours
>bring leftovers home
Man I know that's like the small town pizza place story of everyone but sure does hit me with a wave of pizza nostalgia. It's sad knowing I'll never get back to those times when I was like 13-14 being driven with my little brother and parents to this pizza spot then coming home and playing N64 with my bro all night.

Good times.

pic related, my hometown pizza spot

Not feels of the place but pizza. Local place in maine, they got one size. 6 bucks for cheese 1$ extra per topping. Salty awesome cheese, thin crust, perfect amount of sauce, crunchy yeasty crust. Its the shit. Mfw I live in flyoverville now in can't find anything like it

Sounds pretty dope user