Time now for another episode of I Have No Idea What I'm Doing!

Time now for another episode of I Have No Idea What I'm Doing!

On this episode, chicken thighs: friend or foe?

Deflesh these bad boys the best I can with a dull steak knife

First, fry the skin into chicken bacon. It has nothing to do with the rest of the dish, I just want to

Aw yeah look at these little sluts

Filthy fucking whore

Congratulations! You've already ruined the dish unless you plan on deep frying.

Next the chunky bits go for a swim in the grease those little faggots left behind

My camera doesn't focus!

My Lil niggas got some color now

Plop one can of condensed tomato soup

Two scoops of extra strength poo in the loo paste

Simmer for...15 minutes?

A few plops of greek yogurt, maybe I plopped one too many

Mixed all up, I'm shutting the heat and letting it get to know itself for a little while

I'm a sucker for neat packaging

Rinse (I don't know why people do this, I'm just copying what I see)

Rice is nice and fluffy, premium as fuck!

WA LA!

And the rest shall go to its final resting place at the back of my fridge where it will be forgotten about for weeks!

I did good?

Curry is such a delicious dish. To see you reduce it to tomato sauce and yogurt breaks my heart.

What do you have against fresh ingredients and seasoning?

Not terrible, but I was have added some veg like onion, carrot, etc.

Oddly enough, I'm going to do something very similar tonight. Might post pics ITT so we can be judged together.

well you see...

I have no idea what I'm doing

I thought you did a pretty good job.

Next time, keep the skin on (you can remove it after you cooked if it you want). The skin is a fat and will protect the chicken.

Use veggies. Onions and garlic at the very least.

SEASON. Did you even add salt? Salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper at the least.

I think you need to go back to r/cooking you blogging faggot.

go drink drain cleaner

>cook alongs are now no longer Veeky Forums related
well the tomato soup already has salt in it. so using that instead of tomatoes is a pretty slick maneuver if I say so myself

lets see here, this paste has coriander, paprika, cumin, turmeric, chili pepper, tamarind, fenugreek, mustard, ginger, and garlic

don't ask me what some of that stuff is because I don't know

>well the tomato soup already has salt in it. so using that instead of tomatoes is a pretty slick maneuver if I say so myself
Yes, it has salt for the soup. Not for the chicken. When you add more food you need to add more salt.

I'm trying to give you advice and you're telling me I'm wrong when you literally opened a can of tomato sauce on top of chicken thighs and called it curry. Okay. Enjoy your mediocre cooking.

I didn't say you are wrong :/

I think I'm gonna vomit...

Holy shit, this was actually an interesting thread. Let's send it to reddit!

Marinate thighs in 1/4cup Sriracha, a tbsp or two of Sambal Oelek, 1 tsp soy sauce, a little oil of your choice in the fridge for 4-5 hrs. Remove from fridge and let rest until room temp. Grill thighs on medium for 4 minutes a side then let rest for 15 minutes. Chop thighs into cubes then sautee in pan on mid-high for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a serving dish, Top with plenty of chopped cilantro, a drizzle of more sriracha and a squeeze of lime. Serve with warm naan and lime wedges. Dill cucumber salad as a side. This dish doesn't have a name but will get you laid

He's a grizzled Veeky Forums vet, user. He anticipated the argument before it happened.

Kek. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

this

see

Don't listen to Veeky Forums cooks, they don't know more than you.

>The skin is a fat and will protect the chicken
Skin is not fat, although it has a bit of fat attached. Also, what does the chicken need protection from, heat? Maillard reaction? Ridiculous.

>Did you even add salt?
>it has salt for the soup. Not for the chicken
Bullshit. That's a can of CONDENSED soup . High concentration of salt.

Don't take cooking tips from Veeky Forums, OP.

I dunno guys, I got curry in a british restaurant once and this tastes pretty much just as good

>Skin is not fat, although it has a bit of fat attached
way to be a pedantic asshole.

>Also, what does the chicken need protection from, heat?
Yes. chicken breast will rapidly dry out once it hits 160F+. The skin has fat which will help it from drying out.

The amount of salt in that soup is not enough for an entire chicken breast. It will be bland.

>Don't listen to Veeky Forums cooks, they don't know more than you.
OP literally poured tomato sauce with yogurt stirred in it over chicken thighs and rice. There's high school kids that know more than him (You).

Hunter here. This is actually how it works, regarding the drying out stuff.

but todays episode was about chicken thighs!

Thighs have more intramuscular fat than breasts.

>thighs are immune from drying out
good to know

but are we worried about drying out from a 15 minute low heat simmer in sauce?

that's not what op did. he fried them

they got browned then simmered

Made curry, as promised.

>chicken thighs
>onion
>garlic
>fresh ginger
>cilantro
>greek yogurt
>lots of spices, made it extra spicy

Did some homemade naan bread, too. It all came out great. Sauce thickened up quite a bit once the yogurt got mixed in and reduced.

Didn't use any tomato in mine.

you;d be better off using cheap sicsors first you have to cut out the bone in one clean line, then you work your way out. there might be a better way but this way will be a step up from mangling the meat. gently use the siscors spoon or small knife to scrape the meat down the bone, but be prepared for more siscoring because thighs have a lot of tendons that wont be cut with a dull knife

this is retarded, dont do this, just put the rice in the pot, fill with water, swirl the rice around, then pour the cloudy water out. what you are doing is removing some of the starch so the rice will be more distinct in texture.

>what does the chicken need protection from?
"The chicken fucker"

but whats wrong with a strainer

Looks tasty