Just moved into my own apartment for the first time. what type of pot pans etc should i buy?

just moved into my own apartment for the first time. what type of pot pans etc should i buy?

ive never cooked in my life but i wanna feel like a badass when i pull them out to cook shit

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2013/12/gift-guide-essential-pots-and-pans-presents-for-home-cooks.html
amazon.com/dp/B00HQWONBW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2NP2NKYCLRKZB&coliid=I1DYG489ZHUXR8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nonstick

A 12" cast iron skillet.
If it's good enough for 7 starred chef Thomas Keller it's good enough for you.

Start off with a 12" cast iron skillet and a stainless steel stockpot.
seriouseats.com/2013/12/gift-guide-essential-pots-and-pans-presents-for-home-cooks.html

Don't buy things all at once. Buy them as you need them.

Start with a stainless steel set. All clad is high quality but sort of a meme and steep prices. I have a cuisinart 6-pc set and it works well enough for me, I use the saute pans for almost everything. A nice heavy enamelware dutch oven is great to have as well because you're living in an apt. and many budget dishes are soups and stews. Le Creuset is high quality but Lodge makes a good heavy one that is much less expensive. One nonstick pan is really enough, I only use it for eggs- it's from IKEA and has been a good and inexpensive addition. Others will probably endorse a flat bottomed cast-iron pan. I don't have one so I'm not a good reference but I do have a cast iron grill pan that is useful when I make various dishes, it's from Lodge and is good enough for me

Teflon but don't scrape the shit out of it with metal instruments or while washing.

Don't put water in your pans right after they're off the stove, they'll warp.

As this user said, don't buy a bunch of shit at once. Just buy a medium-sized skillet and a stockpot. Also grab a spatula, measuring cups/spoons, a wooden spoon, a cutting board, and some knives. You can go really far with just that.

Here is the official list of necessary and good pans:

2x Duparquet copper butter warmer
1x CopperChef Ceramitech 6-in-1 square pan
2x Falk Classical 16cm sauce pan with lid
1x All Clad MC2 8qt stock pot
1x Demeyere Proline 12.6" stainless fry pan
1x Rachel Ray Cucina 16" flat bottom wok
1x Calphalon Signature 12" nonstick fry pan
1x Falk Classical 28cm saute pan with lid
1x Staub 8.5qt oval cocotte
1x All Clad stainless asparagus pot
1x Soy Turkiye BBT60 fish kettle
1x Lodge Logic 7qt dutch oven

With this selection you should be able to handle most common every day tasks

I hope this has been helpful

12 inch cast iron skillet
10 inch stainless steel frying pan
3-4 quart sauce pan
6 quart Dutch oven

That's all you need for now. As you cook more and more you can adjust this to suit your specific cooking needs. For brands, don't worry too much. Cuisinart is good for the price. You don't even really need a non-stick pan, proper use of oil or butter will make sure your stainless works well.

>don't deglaze or you'll destroy your precious teflon pans

Cuisinart 12 piece set, cast iron skillet, 10 inch nonstick, enameled dutch oven.

You are now set for life,

Depends on what you want to cook.

Get a nonstick for eggs if you eat them semiregularly.

A lodge 5-7qt enameled dutch oven is great for curry, stews, roasts, etc. Great way to cook once in a while and have lots of meals you can freeze. Step up if money is no object would be Staub or Le Creuset stuff.

Get a 12" tramontina tri-ply skillet. Its VERY important that you get their tri-ply series as the other lines are garbage. Shits basically as good as all clad, except reasonable prices and vastly superior handles.

Sauce pans you don't NEED to be super selective about for most things, but you can't go wrong with the tramontina try-ply line, or if you're cheap and don't care much about matching or looks, check out your local thrift stores you can find some try ply (construction, not branding this time) saucepans with plastic handles for a few bucks a pop.

And thats basically all you need to get started. Your particular tastes will dictate what other things you'll want to pick up in the future.

I don't like treating my pans like shit, no.

For a beginner cast iron is a meme. You'll be fighting it a lot more than cooking with it.

i need a pot to boil shit right away

i always put cold water in my pots right after i cook so shit doesnt stick...is that bad?

tell tommy to suck a fat one yeah

will prob order these desu. good deal anons?

>good deal anons?
Very good. That is a well put together post. +1 upvoted.

>i always put cold water in my pots right after i cook so shit doesnt stick...is that bad?
Not good for the pan--just let it rest on the stove for twenty mins or so before soaking it.

can i boil/steam rice and veggies in pic related?

will do, captain

amazon.com/dp/B00HQWONBW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2NP2NKYCLRKZB&coliid=I1DYG489ZHUXR8&psc=1

Those are good items, but some of them are really specific and won't see much use.

>Aspargus pot
>copper butter warmer
>wok
>Square pan
>fish kettle
>2 dutch ovens of almost the same size

Cast iron skillet + cast iron dutch oven.

stainless steel frying pan + pot.

nonstick teflon medium frying pan (for eggs and shit since you are new to cooking this will help you a lot)

bonus: a small carbon steel frying pan for sauteing.

this is literally all you will need for 99% of cooking.

what is a wok for? isnt it asian?

garbage

you can't deglaze in teflon pans moron nothing to deglaze because it is nonstick

stir frys

I've never seen a wok in Iran.

can i fry stir fry in cast iron so i feel like a beaner?

also what oil should i use?

also is there any way to fry macaroni? van i fry something that dry?

please don't stir fry in cast iron. that's almost as bad as teflon shills trying to make steaks in teflon pans.

>what oil
Deep-frying: Peanut oil
Asian dishes: Sesame oil
Everything else canola or light olive oil if you're feeling euphoric (i meme but it's kinda true).

i have never fried macaroni but im sure it is possible

op here. can i use this as a general frying tool for everything?

for stir fry and other similar techniques.

If you have electric/flat top forget it forever.
If you have gas still probably forget it since you don't have the power.
If you have a commercial range go for it, but then again why are you here?

i havea lot to learn about what foods fry in which pans apparently

i cant stir fry on electric stove?

im here cuz mom kicked me out after i lost all my good boy points and im a retard

yes? but good luck

eh for the most part stainless will do fine. woks demand a lot of heat.

yes but it will suck

Not in a wok.

OP, don't buy a fucking wok. You will burn everything and maybe yourself in the process.

Just stick to the essentials given earlier in the thread. You don't need 30 pans, you need like three, especially if you're just starting out.

okay thanks. should i get steel? thats what my parents had

shit.

Stockpot, small nonstick, medium sized stainless.

stainless steal + teflon + cast iron skillet

perfect for starting out. acids + boiling, sticky shit, and meat.