Are Nachos the most 90's food for cool dudes and dudettes to eat for me and you? I believe it's influence has remained...

Are Nachos the most 90's food for cool dudes and dudettes to eat for me and you? I believe it's influence has remained, and was the 90's the time of the Mexican?

what the hell are you talking about

Kill yourself

You first

Fine, I'll get us some rope, you get the chairs.

as a white 30 year old from Austin I see nachos as one of the pillars of my specific cultural cuisine.

make sure you stream it and post the link

and don't do it right away either, give me a few minutes to make some nachos

The 90's was the last time the American general population was ignorant enough (but still curious) about Mexican food that places beyond Taco Bell could just pass off shit they made up as Mexican. Everyone was crazy for chips and salsa, so passing off an awful riff on queso at movie theaters and ball games was an obvious move. And it was a success.

But it wouldn't work today when you can get decent guacamole and al pastor tacos in Podunk.

Are IPAs the most 2000's drink? I believe it's influence has remained, and was the 2000's the time of the British Colonialist?

you need to travel more, in Podunk indiana the only peppers you can buy are bells, pickled banana and sliced pickled jalepeno. most of the salsa tastes more like catsup than anything else.,

Honestly texmex and actual Mexican food are both so drastically different that it's perfectly fine to enjoy both

>decent guacamole and al pastor tacos in Podunk.
The taco truck on every corner era is soon be over.

god, why? tacos are a perfect food, we need more and not less

Not where I live.

'chos

Are deli sandwhiches the most 70s food for people getting scholnged?

No. They were a thing before WW2. Probably the food that conquered the most new territory during the 70's was pizza.

hmm was thinking pizzas was 80s as fuck
60s was pasta
70s sandwhiches
50s was roasts
40s was ??

40s was C-reations :^)

War era food?

Loaves. Meatloaf being most prominent.

I first ate nachos yesterday at a cinema. It was fucking delicious, but I want to do more. Homemade nachos? Homemade dip? Anyone doing this stuff?

>Homade nachos
no. store bought is the way to go
>Homade dip
is there any otherway?

Well I don't know, man, I never made some, told you it was at a cinema. The cheese dip was delicious. What would you recommend for beginner-grade dip (if you did it before)?

homemade nachos and queso dip are the shit man

just get a crockpot, throw some cooked hamburger meat, peppers onions and tomato, and your choice of factory cheese product in, let it all melt together, then dip yer chips in

Sounds delicious.
However, what does Queso mean? I found a ton of recipes like "white queso", "chile con queso" etc.

"Let it all melt together" also sounds like a great recipe. You basically ticked all the boxes!

mexbro here

tacos are a pain in the ass to eat

>40s was ??
stove top dinners since all the ovens were full.

queso is just the spanish word for "cheese", so, to a normal person when they say queso that's what they mean.

however, english-speaking hillbillies from a certain flyover state near mexico have decided, for some reason, that it doesn't mean cheese actually, but instead refers to some kind of horrible concoction made up of microwaved kraft cheese mixed with like canned vegetables or something. it is basically a loan word from spanish, that doesn't mean in english what it means in spanish.

sauce: have a coworker from texas.

Well fug, that puts a screw in my understanding of it. Thanks for the explanation.

Then when junk food purveyors tried to sell the idea of the stuff to the rest of the country as a topping for corn chips they needed a name for the cheese itself, so they made up the name "nacho cheese" even though no cheese by that name actually existed. They just made it up.

Nacho cheese is cheese that doesn't belong to you, dunce

Were you with her?

The best way to make "nacho cheese" is to dump a couple cans of Campbell's cheddar soup into a slow-cooker, thin it with little milk, then puree some pickled jalapenos and mix it and the jalapeno juice in until it's spicy enough for your liking.

>cheddar soup
Literally what?

>Campbell's cheddar soup
>Water, Modified Food Starch, Dehydrated Cheddar Cheese (Cheddar Cheese [Cultured Milk, Salt, Enzymes], Whey, Salt, Sodium Phosphate), Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil (Corn, Canola, And/or Soybean), Dehydrated Cheese Blend (Whey, Semisoft Cheese (Milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Buttermilk Solids, Salt, Butter, Clacium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Lactic Acid, Enzyme Modified Butteroil), Contains Less Than 2% Of: Salt, Sugar, Beta Carotene For Color, Flavoring, Enzyme Modified Butter, Skim Milk, Lactic Acid, Annatto Extract For Color, Water, Mustard Extract, Soy Lecithin, Butter (Cream), Dehydrated Butter (Cream, Salt), Dehydrated Cream (Cream, Soy Lecithin), Buttermilk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Enzyme Modified Butter Fat And Oil, Whey

Disgusting.

Christ, how do they get away with calling that food? That should be on a shelf with oven and bathroom cleaners.

>american "food"

Good soup.