How do you (scientifically) avoid falling into an existential crisis?

How do you (scientifically) avoid falling into an existential crisis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNgK6MZucdYldNkMybYIHKR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a testosterone transfusion and realize that it doesn't matter that it doesn't matter because there's shit to do.

Science *causes* existential crises.

I agreeish
I think the phrase is "man up"

Think about how small we are and that nothing we do will have any significance, then you can enjoy life.

Though our actions may be inherently pointless in the grand scheme of time, we must still experience the present. Therefore, we should do everything in our power to make our present and future presents enjoyable.

im having one right now

im also looking for some solution that doesn't involve loud music, pain killers and alcohol.

The wirst time is right before I go to sleep, the couple of minutes of silance before I get into bed where I think that the projects im working on now are useless, why do I even eed more money? why lift tomorrow, having muscles doesn't really matter. Maybe I should get a TV.

nice trips, also buy a tv

unironically killing yourself cause if you dont exist anymore there is no existential crisis

This is how I live and it works out well. It's kind of a positive version of how people planning suicide know they're gonna die in X amount of time so they let go of all their worries and enjoy their last time on earth because they know it doesn't matter.

Study philosophy, here's some beginner material to get you started.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNgK6MZucdYldNkMybYIHKR
Science can only do so much on its own.

It happens to pretty much everyone eventually.

You just need to decide your own purpose instead of waiting to be given one.

I somehow doubt it happens to people who spend no time alone with their own thoughts. Takes a pretty large amount of alone time to fully realize it yourself even if it is a trendy philosophy.

>decide your own purpose

If people actually had the capability of doing that, they would never have an existential crisis.

Happened to me when I was 17 and had a semi-decent social life, 2 jobs and school. Literally busy all the time.

I should probably re-phrase it to any semi-intelligent person goes through it eventually.

Everybody has the capacity to do that.

learn shit, if you are smart and lucky you'll think of shit that future people will learn

No they don't, because as I said, they wouldn't be having existential crises, because meaning would be simply constructed out of thin air.

Seems like you have a pretty narrow minded view of the kinds of meaning out there. Lucky for you if you managed to pick up one of the trendier more talked about ones and never thought about it ever again. I'm still struggling with it and hopping all over the place all the time. A subjective view should never be a permanent part of your identity because it means you've shut yourself off from any further development.

I'm just saying that it's more about *discovering* a purpose, than deciding a purpose.

I mean, no human in this world can just choose to change love what they love, and what they hate on a whim.

The best way to solve a crisis is to try as hard as you can to try to stand outside yourself for a week, and look at how you're acting, and you will know what you are like and what you value.

'Discovering' a purpose implies that everybody has one, they just have to go out and find it. Thats not quite the reality for most people.

>Thats not quite the reality for most people.

I think it is. I think people who are wrapped up in their existential crisis aren't paying attention to their life.

Have you ever asked yourself what in your life you are ignoring when you're sitting around thinking about this problem?

Do you have a dog? Do you have a girlfriend? Do you have a family? Do you have friends? Do you have a job?

Why are you ignoring these things and just thinking yourself into a corner where there is no meaning?

I'm not the OP, I'm just justifying my choice of words in

Fair enough.

dont fall into an existential crisis, go an hero

nihilism