Only thing that can happen after death is life once more

>Only thing that can happen after death is life once more
>An eternity in one constant state may not be so
>Extreme quantum physics beyond our comprehension might give us a re-roll or a repeat
>A form of re-incarnation may be real

Is there any scientific backing for this idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ms7yoerGaPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hope i roll better stats next time

Compounding all of this,

>The descendants of human beings may not even be human anymore
>They may decide to resurrect every human being that has ever lived
>Their capabilities would likely reach that of gods so they could do it.

I see so many possibilities where there is life after death in the universe we live in.

Nietzsche had this idea.

I don't want to come back here. What if I come back as a roach or a rat that gets trapped in a mousetrap and dies a slow, agonizing death for many hours, only to come back to live through something even more horrific?

Than you'll re-roll and forget you ever suffered.

It's pretty fun man.

Just look at the ratio of beings whose lives are pure suffering to ones whose lives are pure bliss. The odds are not good.

You'll hit something good eventually though.

I know I certainly did.

>>Only thing that can happen after death is life once more
what if earth is destroyed?

Then the waiting time just got a lot longer

Who said you will come back to life on Earth, or even in this universe?

Or even in the future? You might come back to life in the past.

You have some very twisted ideas about what "you" is.

Please explain.

Please don't pretend to understand what "you" is.

What do you guys think about this website?

truthcontest.com

>you come back as every roach or rat or mosquito you ever killed
that would suck

A human measures the presence of an "agent" driving the motion of their motor functions. The idea that Agent is personal is totally baseless; there is nothing within human perception that necessitates it.

So are you saying I'm gonna live again?
Are you saying I'm totally immortal, and that I'm more than my own mind? Are you saying the purest form of life is right in my face?

The nature of Agent is up to speculation. We know that a human mind measures the presence of Agent within objects that the mind is able to strongly predict e.g. the human's body, and tools wielded by the body that the mind has a great deal of familiarity with.

Our perception also tells us that there can only be one Agent. With these ideas as a basis, we can draw the conclusion that Agent is some sort of field that the human mind is able to measure. The brain takes in an immense amount of information and compiles it into a map to track Agent.

I think I've lost you.
I'm not sure what you mean by Agent anymore. I thought you were speaking about how the mind is just a tool and calling it an agent.

From the point of view of DNA we are immortal. That's what self-replication is. Only the individual perishes, but DNA does not give a fuck about that.

I am not sure if I want that, the most likely thing is you would be born in a third world shithole and if you can be reincarnated as animals you would probably end up as an ant

>I am not sure if I want that
too bad

The "you" that consciously "acts" is not actually "you", it's the acting force "Agent" that the mind is able to detect.

People say that free will doesn't exists; the ability of humans to "act" doesn't exist because the actions of humans are part of an endless chain of cause and effect. However, the concept of Agent addresses that by saying that humans are measuring a field involved in causality itself. Misunderstanding the perception of Agent is how the idea of "free will" occurred in the first place.

tfw aborded :DDD

We are passive observers of the actions of this thing we call the human brain. "We" don't have the freedom to control these actions, just the illusion that we do. The question remains, what is this passive observer? Why is it there at all?

LEEETTSS ROLL INTO THE 4KASHIK

>afghanistan
well fug

The idea of "passive" elements in reality is a paradox. If something does not affect reality, how did it cause a discussion about it in reality? "It exists, but does nothing lul" is a cop out by people who want to think they already have it figured out.

Well that's if you manage to have kids

Worm please

All life came from no life and all life can be extinguished. The amount of life changes over time. Reincarnation is completely ridiculous with a basic understanding of evolution.

No backing whatsoever you illiterate cunt. Learn to science. Only life comes after life? No, just no. You're first thing is just crap already

id say its all but certain given the nature of reality as never ending regardless of what may happen in this universe

I think you're misunderstanding the idea. It's not that we have souls or something silly like that, and that these souls get transferred between different bodies. It's that everything that is aware is aware "simultaneously" and eternally. Your perception that you are only aware in this particular body at this particular time, as well as your perception of the "passage" of time, is an illusion caused by the fact that the object that you are has mass.

>An eternity with multiple universes and dark matter only yields a constant state of non-existence

Seriously reread your fucking shit again. Have you been diagnosed with schizoid or schizotypal personality disorder? Literally just a bunch of hogwash word salad mumbo jumbo, fuck off kindly

No one is forcing you to read it.

Humans are highest up on the sensitivity chain. A roach being squished to death feels less emotion than a man with a headache.

determinism + big crunch = you live the same life over and over

thank fucking god

fuck why couldn't i have been einstein? it's not fair

Forget the Matrix. This is the real reason for deja vu.

>Implying the Big Crunch is the predominant theory of the universe

The foundation is wobbling more and more by the day.

No one here is so stupid as to believe we don't have souls, right?

>Humans are highest up on the sensitivity chain

I wish this was true.

youtube.com/watch?v=ms7yoerGaPU

Souls don't exist, it's your job to prove without a doubt that they do if you want to claim otherwise.

roll :)

You're alive aren't you?

>probably going to end up as a ladyboy

>I was born a tall, smart white male in the United States

is this crazy luck or is luck not real

It sounds like you're describing what the buddhists' call their original nature or buddha nature among other things. I like how Terrence McKenna coined it, "the felt presence of immediate experience."

>>Only thing that can happen after death is life once more
whoa....

Ever get deja vu? Thats because youve lived this life before. That is what reality is: youre born, you live, you die, and after an infinite eon of darkness and nothingness the universe creates itself again until, 14 billion years later, you are reborn.

Everything remains exactly the same. Everything repeats. These cycles exist forever and ever, the only thing youll rememeber is the occasional deja vu.

I already live in South Africa, there can't be anything worse than that...

ok

You can live in Antarctica.

>open Veeky Forums
>mfw I somehow end up at /x/

So is a slime mold

>Nietzsche had this idea.

It wasn't meant the way you think though. For him the concept of eternal return was a way of orienting yourself to this life.

If you should live a life any way at all, it should be a life that you could set on repeat for all eternity without hesitating.

ROLL, ROLL, ROLL AND KILL

>Realize I'm living that life

i fucking hope so - thats my only true fear, the idea of eternity. has freaked me out since i was a kid. shit needs to die, k.

rollin

You will never be reborn, dont be naive. The perception of self is nothing but your central nervous system and the way in which the cells that form it react to certain stimulating agents. Nothing more and nothing less. When the CNS dies thats it.

Actually there is scientific explanation as to what exactly deja vu is and what causes it. Educate yourself before spouting bullshit.
>/x/

Yeah, forgot it wasn't living different lives over and over, but the same one over and over. Silly me.

And yeah that would be the moral of the story.

the passive observer is you user, you are the passive observer in everything
you are god
you are everything

Henry Rollins
I'm feeling lucky lads
No whammy

No scientific backing.

Maybe we turn to dirt and a flower grows from our flesh. Or a worm eats us and we become some worm skin.

An eternity is a long time.
I believe the answer lies in teleportation of the human body and brain from atom to atom.

Aye, I had that same fear ever since the concept of death was introduced to me at 5. I've just learned to accept that it just might be that, as scary as it already is

>thread about afterlife
replies++ guaranteed

survival instinct + ??? = god

This. Death is a sigularity. You cannot escape it's path.

Roll