How hard is it to go into calculus 2 after 3 years of no math, and memory issues?

How hard is it to go into calculus 2 after 3 years of no math, and memory issues?
>took Cal I three years ago, passed with an A grade
>18 months ago, hit with horrible dizzy spells
>diagnosed with benign brain tumor
>had tumor removed last year, memory is now messed up since the fucker resulted in my amygdala and hippocampus also being removed; the main memory bits

I'm worried. Since the surgery, I've had to re-train my brain with things like memorization, concentration, focus, etc.
How much new material is in cal 2, how much is from cal 1?
A-and is it true cal 2 is the hardest of the calculus courses? I loved cal 1.

Other urls found in this thread:

ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-02sc-multivariable-calculus-fall-2010/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first off:
you iddiot talk to the accessibility department at your school, tell them your problem, and they'll be able to accomodate you by getting you the shit you need (And don't be a faggot)

secdonbly, calc 2 is retarded. there's some continuation from calc 1, but for some reason they give a half-assed introduction to sequences and convergence. there's little segway with that.

thankfully, calculus in university is not proof-based. you can literally learn how the theorems work and do fine in your courses.

I have no plans to be a faggot

I feel a bit strange going to accessibility though since I assume they'll think post-brain surgery effects isn't a big issue. I mean, most people I see at accessibility are blind/deaf, or wheelchair bound. I think they'll brush me off, think I'm making an excuse for not being able remember shit

>half-assed introduction to sequences and convergence
Does this just depend on the school, or is calc 2 just that retarded everywhere?
If I try hard to just learn theorems on my own as you said though, I have hope

Thanks for the goog advice user

It's easy as fuck, and like user mentioned there are no proofs so you can just solve all your "cool" problems using the techniques that your "prof" uses and then hope they don't make you wander around too much on the exam.

Calc 2 is legit ez as fuck. That said I only got a B (3.0) because I was too lazy to study series and sheet. That said 90% of my class got an F. No jokes.

>How much new material is in cal 2

All of it.

Calculus 1: The theory of limits of differentiation.

Calculus 2: The theory of summation.

They have nothing to do with each other.

OP calc 2 is easy you shouldn't have too much trouble but more importantly can you explain how it feels like to live without an amygdala and hippocampus?

Any behavioral changes? Any feeling or emotional changes? Are your dreams the same? Do you even dream? Did your likes change?
Do you have a better long term memory than short term memory now?
Can you recall short series of numbers?
Did you forget how to do things like riding a bike or driving a car or doing simple arithmetic?

> I feel a bit strange going to accessibility though since I assume they'll think post-brain surgery effects isn't a big issue. I mean, most people I see at accessibility are blind/deaf, or wheelchair bound. I think they'll brush me off, think I'm making an excuse for not being able remember shit

They removed memory centers from your brain, they definitely shouldn't brush you off. I mean, I'm actually impressed you can remember things from your past and form new memories.

Also answer this guy pretty please

I aced calc II after having worked manual labor for 3 years. Not a particularly hard class, but there's a lot of work to do.

OP here. Sorry if this is long.
I can't tell if I had behavioral changes since I can't really notice them myself. I think I'm normal I guess. Sorry.
But for a while after the surgery, I was emotionally liable, which was a pain in the ass. I'm over that now.
Heh. I still dream. I do have a lot of trouble sleeping though. It's hard to go into a nice, deep REM sleep. It's like I'm constantly in a light sleep, so I'm tired a lot. So I don't really dream as much as I used to.

My long term memory is better than my short term. My short term memory is shot. I had the right amygdala&hippocampus removed; which is mostly short term and spatial memory. The weirdest things I seem to forget are dates; I frequently have to ask what day of the week it is even if someone just told me, and forget where I put things down despite staring right at them. I can't repeat a phrase perfectly after 5 minutes of someone telling me something. My long-term has only been mildly altered, nothing too big.
As for numbers, I remember my student numbers for university classes I went to 3-5 years ago, but can't remember new short-sequence numbers given to me now that I've had the surgery, like my new student number for this semester, and the student number for the university I just applied to.
I still remember bike-riding, arithmetic, etc. In fact, one of the first few things I did after the surgery to see if my memory was ok was wrote down some basic derivatives. But my memory needs a lot of work now.

A-are you in neuroscience or something?

Thanks guys.
I'm gonna go for it this Fall. I'll brush up on my calc 1 notes and see how I do.

Judging from that bit about short term memory you should totally go to the disability department, at least to talk to them about it.

Alright
If anything, I just need extra time with exams and access to slides if the prof uses them. The only issue I can think of is that math classes rarely use slides/powerpoints, so I'll need help with that. Thanks user.

Actually thank you OP, you just encouraged me to learn more. Seeing you doing this despite the difficulties motivated me to work harder.

Why not just take the class and play the "brain tumor" card on the professor

Nah. I don't want to play that card
Only wusses would do that.

W-well, I didn't think I'd make a difference to an user
Good luck to you though.

Use Euler's formula
[math]e^{ix}=\cos(x)+i\sin(x)[/math]

and you don't need to memorize anything.

Friend, you are missing crucial parts of your brain. The professors are going to understand and help you, trust me. It is not a pussy thing to talk to your professors about this.

Godspeed user, calc II is a breeze as above though. I didn't touch a textbook and got high as fuck every single day and managed to pull a C out of my ass two days before the exam. If my retarded self could do it back then, you can now.

>It is not a pussy thing to talk to your professors about this.
Alright.
I-I'm not used to asking for help like this.
kek. I still need to remember that I had a big surgery. Thanks for the encouragement bud.

>look up Euler's formula
Holy shit.
>i is an imaginary unit
Guess I'll enjoy learning about this.

calc 2 honestly is not too bad. It depends on where you take it whether or not sequences and series will be a major part of it, but the main part of Calc 2 is, as many others have said, the theory of summation meaning that it is mainly all integration. Some knowledge of Calc 1 can be useful (knowing basic derivatives helps as integration is literally just working backwards) but they should teach you all the basic integrals and whatnot in the class.

One last question before I let this die

What are some good calc 2 reference sites I could use? I looked through the sticky but I think I can find more.

Thanks a lot again guys.

ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-02sc-multivariable-calculus-fall-2010/
Youtube Khan academy and Patrickjmt

I would highly suggest you brush up on your integrals of Calc 1, considering Integration is mostly what you do in Calc 2.

Thanks

Will do. I think the only things that messed me up in Calc 1 was stupid mistakes like factoring wrong, or putting the wrong sign (- or +) with my trig derivatives.

Why is shit taught in university ? I learned that in High-School.

There's always this retard. Do tell me, what drives you to ask such an inane question? Are you virtue signalling that your education was better than the rest? Or are you really that stupid that you can't understand that calc I is there to level up the field? Are you not aware that you can take honors calculus if you went through the material in high school? Are you really that stupid that you have to ask that question?