Visited Vilnius, Lithuania last week with some mates. Why the fuck y'all add so much salt on every goddamn dish...

Visited Vilnius, Lithuania last week with some mates. Why the fuck y'all add so much salt on every goddamn dish?! My stomach felt like someone punched it for three days straight.

>y'all
tumblr

They killed their taste buds centuries ago when they invented smoked paprika.

its a poor country, at least they got salt.

Last time i was there food was not very salty, it was quite nice, and on cheap side. Maybe go to some better restaurant next time. Or do not scream raceist jokes while you wait for food, so cook does not add extra salt for drunk and loud idiots.

>do not scream raceist jokes while you wait for food

The dude was in Lithuania, they're likely to join in.

>implying
Hadn't had a drop of alcohol when we were at the first restaurant (which was in one of the main streets, not cheap at all and was rated highly on many websites) and the waitress was actually coming on to one of my friends. Your implications are as salty as the "tomato" soup I ordered in another supposedly good restuarant which turned out to be Mexican soup. Also had to wait 40 minutes for that one lousy bowl of soup.
>Enter soup elitists

>Visits Lithuania
>Doesn't order the borscht

Which state are you from? Mississippi? Ohio?

I'm not an Amerifat, you read me complaining about the quality of the Lithuanian McDonalds?
Also borscht is Ukranian.
Also check'd.

Smoked Paprika originated in Spain.

>borscht is Ukranian

It's only a matter of time before someone links to this from /int/ or one of those Russian chans.

So long Veeky Forums it was good knowing you.

Also gotta add that Vilnius is a great city, nice atmosphere and the people are very nice. Only gripe we all had was the food. Another friend actually had to spend the last two days in bed at the hotel due to stomach aches. Only good food we ate was at a vegan place.

americans think europe is a country

You either got unlucky, went to shitty "trendy" restaurant or ordered horrible local potato dishes.

Admitingly those restaurants might have been what you consider "trendy" and some did have potatoes included with the meal we ordered.
Also remembered a place called Craft & Draft where they had pretty good food (fancy burgers, can't really go wrong with that I suppose) and I had a chat with the manager. She was very helpful and friendly but her employees were terrible. Six bartenders and none even payed attention to their customers, they drafted half full, dead pints of beer from the tap and all of them seemed annoyed to be there.
Being a bartender myself, I'd surely get fired if I offered such lousy service, and probably wouldn't have been hired in the first place if I wasn't able to draft a proper beer.

>Murrkan eats excessive sodium in every meal of his day
>Eats something with half the salt
>"OMG why so salty???"

I hate my countrymen.

And so you should Americunt, because obviously you can't read either. I already mentioned I wasn't from the US. I'm from west Europe.

Simple answer is that our food culture is still terrible. But it keeps getting better.

>I already mentioned I wasn't from the US. I'm from west Europe.
[citation needed]

Literally the only thing you said was "I'm not an Amerifat"

Also as someone from "western europe" I am on to your bullshit. I know what you eat.

You probably visited the tourist bait sites
> had to wait 40 mins
Yep.

Actually i have a hard time thinking of a good, consistently good place there. Like, every place may fuck up a dish in a way. Best to avoid fancy altogether and go for "best bang for your buck" places (you know, with self-service and stuff). Like the university cafeteria kitchen was consistently tasty and affordable.

>Literally

Fine, I'm from Holland and my country's "cuisine" is as good as non-existant, I won't deny that. Which is why I rarely eat what is considered Dutch, whatever that might be. But there's a pretty big difference between putting some salt on your food to add flavour and preparing your food like it has been marinating in Dead Sea water for 48 hours.

Would you even apply for a tending job there in the first place? Pro-tip: the monthly wage is 500€ at most + whatever tips bullshit they have.

The reason I had to wait nearly three quarters of an hour was because the waitress was waiting an entire restaurant by her fucking self! She was cleary in stress and started asking very specific questions about our orders which were never even mentioned on the menu (which was in English). Just as the service in Craft & Draft she seemed annoyed to be there. Larger meals ordered by customers who came in later than we did were served way earlier before we got our food. And when we carefuly asked what took so long, she looked at us like we asked her if she ever got blacked ot something. When the food finally came she got the orders all mixed up from other tables, but we decided not to complain and just eat it anyway. This is where my Mexican soup (even though I ordered tomato soup) tasted like liqiud salt. I couldn't finish it, I was sweating like a pig halfway through. Another friend who tasted my soup made a face like he bit down on a lemon. Nine people who frequantly enjoy salty food wouldn't exaggerate about this.

> visits Lithuania
> doesn't jump the border and go to Sushicat in Talinn
> doesn't ogle the catgirls in miniskirts that serve fresh unsalted sushi there
> doesn't pay in bitcoin the currency of the internet

OP confirmed for faggot

I would feel embarrassed going to a place like this.

It's like a stripclub for weebs. I bet the boss makes them watch the latest greatest little girl cartoons so they can talk it up with the guests

That place looks like my vision of the lowest level of hell where the worst of the worst are consigned for eternity.

if they served cooked food I'd be all over it, but whenever I see a place that uses sex to sell food I assume everything is going to give me diarrhea unless it's deep fried to order and served in a single-use disposable paper bowl