Why do people put fake vinegar on their fish and chips?

Why do people put fake vinegar on their fish and chips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=642x2Y3Zla0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

all that is needed is tomato sauce and mayo

yes white vinegar or bust

Malt vinegar tastes good, that's why.

But that's not malt vinegar, it's fake.

Who is to decide if the fake things are less real than the real things.

Non-brewed condiment is an acquired taste.

Also

>not using chippy sauce

wtf is 'chippy sauce' ?

Opinion varies, but I prefer a 50/50 mix of malt vinegar and HP sauce.

donald trump

>non-brewed condiment
So you mean ketchup? Or mayo? Or any one of hundreds, if not thousands of other condiments?

No, he means non-brewed condiment, fake vinegar.

what is fake vinegar

What's fake Vinegar? Vinegar is cheap as fuck. Why is there a Need for fake Vinegar. Someting seems odd about it. Could it possible be that OP is retarded? Let's find out

Do Americans really do this?

>Non-brewed condiment is a vinegar substitute created with water, acetic acid, flavourings and often caramel colour.

>fake vinegar

Do Americans really do this?

Eat fish an chips? No.

Hi Jayden

Looking at the replies here, it's because most people don't even realise that non-brewed condiment is a thing, and that they might be using it.

Non-brewed condiment apparently.
I feel like this is going to be a new Veeky Forums meme attack on Brits.

laljoke.gif

What is non brewed condiment and what is fake vinegar? A quick rundown please

I worked in a chippie for a few years.

It's the same thing. It's "fake" because it isn't made the proper way of fermenting something.

They use chemically produced acetic acid and add flavourings and colourings to make what must legally be called a non-brewed condiment. It comes in a jug and according to the labels it is super corrosive, and usually its 1 parts acid 7 parts water.

Snobbish customers complain but they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the super cheap fake vinegar and the cheapo real vinegar they would have otherwise gotten.

I see no problem with this

Kill yourself OP

>Why is there a Need for fake Vinegar
because cheap chippies have it out on the counter.

Vinegar itself is water and acetic acid, with some trace amounts of other shit.
Fake vinegar is just manufactured vinegar.
Is it cheaper to manufacture than make normally?

es un pene frito verdad yo ablo espaƱol siiiii amigo carajo

>linking to sjw beta cuck

Probably more of a time/storage factor that increases the cost of brewed vinegar vs. manufactured.

Non brewed condiment is fine with fish and chips, but if your having fried pie or pizza you need chippy sauce.

and most people that go to chippies aren't massive bellends that will ask if the vinegar used here is the stuff that i read about in the sun

>Why is there a Need for fake Vinegar.
Because proper malt vinegar made from alcohol is haram. The UK has to make sure they don't offend the muslim customers.

That sounds fucking amazing user, HP sauce is my first and only true love

What's chippy sauce, hp?

> Why do people put vinegar on their fish and chips?

FTFY

But it's not vinegar, it's non-brewed condiment.

Is everyone here retarded or something?

Every chip shop has a different version of it, but a 50/50 HP sauce to malt vinegar ratio is good enough to start with. The good thing is that you can make it in really small quantities, and there's only two ingredients, so you can get it perfect with enough time.

Not too thick, it should pour easily from a squeezy bottle, but not too thin, or it's just slightly spicy vinegar.