Got some boneless chicken thighs defrosting just waiting to be cooked. Veeky Forums give me your go-to chicken recipes

Got some boneless chicken thighs defrosting just waiting to be cooked. Veeky Forums give me your go-to chicken recipes.

cut them into strips, mix with soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, green onion, crushed red pepper flake, salt, pepper. Cook in as hot of a pan as you can handle. Serve on top of rice with steamed veggies

here is the secret: make a marinade. soak chicken a day beforehand. why? chicken absorbs flavours like a sponge.

A marinade is good.

I'll do a quick marinade since they're fairly thin.

Any suggestions for the actual marinade though

Jus had a stir-fry with the same stuff.. but good thinking, though.

We need ideas, this chicken is sad and lonely

throw them in a crock pot with an 8oz block of cream cheese, a 4oz of shredded cheddar, and some buffalo sauce. Shred the chicken when done cooking, scoop directly from the crock pot with tostitos chips. Not a traditional dinner but I just love buffalo chicken dip

balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper

Sriracha, soy sauce, sambal oelek, oil

Have you made this before? and how did you cook it afterwards? Now that i look at it, if i throw in some sugar or honey it and cook it down it could even be used a glaze

Don't have any of that spicy stuff. i do have korean chillli flakes. and all the typical asian sauces-soy,fish sauce, oyster, rice wine.

I sort to to try something that isn't Asian inspired. I have that stuff almost daily

Not bashing asian food btw

I've done it by marinading the cuts of meat whole then arranging them over a bed of root vegetables and roasting that all in the oven. I took the remaining marinade after and reduced it on the stove to make a glaze which I then poured over top when it all came out. I don't see why it wouldn't work in a pan on the stove though. Might be a bit more cleanup with the sugar caramelizing on the pan but otherwise should be fine

I keeping that one for later. Maybe when my fat uncles come over and want to gorge themselves

No No No I like the idea of less mess and fuss. just chuck it in the oven and wait an hour or so. No root veggies, will probably serve with rice

foil your pan, burnt sugar sucks to scrape off

will do sir

chicken thighs are goat for frying.

dice em up and deep fry them. serve with a glaze of your choice. serve over rice

Do i bother coating them in anything? or should i just hit them with some garlic powder, salt and pepper?

If you deep fry them? No. Your spices will burn. Just put a little salt in your batter.

Here's some other tips:

1) Use egg whites and corn starch. Your coating will be superior. Yolks don't stick as well and flour doesn't create as solid of a coating as corn starch. Let the chicken sit in that batter for 10-15 minutes. You can keep it in the batter while you're deep-frying.
2) Always deep fry your shit twice. For bite-sized chicken, first time for ~2 minutes to do the cooking. Then let it rest while you do another batch or two. Then come back and fry it again for say 30 seconds (you can increase from 350 to 375 if you want to be a perfectionist) to brown it and really solidify that coat.
3) Get a high quality thermometer and always check the temperature of your oil. Keep around 350. To low and your shit will get soggy. To hot and it will burn.

The glaze will do the flavoring for you and the pieces are bite-sized so they don't need a whole lot of glaze.

Greek style baked chicken and potatoes:
(works best with full leg quarters, but at least you have dark meat)

Cut any fat hanging off, leave as much skin as possible.
Place chicken into a rectangular glass pan. Fill in the empty space with diced potatoes.
Season the chicken and potatoes heavily with salt, fresh ground pepper, oregano and freshly chopped garlic.
Pour olive oil on top of the chicken and potatoes until about a quarter inch of oil has collected at the bottom of the pan.
Squeeze plenty of fresh lemon juice over everything. You should be using a lot of lemon juice, maybe 3 or 4 lemons, depending on the size of the lemon.
Bake in the oven at 375 for about 1:20
Get a nice crusty loaf of bread to soak up the lemony oil. Like one of those French country loaves.

I see you prefer the Chinese method of battering. I'm with you on that. it's easier than making a breading station as well. and you get crispier results in the end

Funny that you would choose that particular food wishes recipe. I recently made that same one. Good stuff are you stalking me btw?

>I see you prefer the Chinese method of battering. I'm with you on that. it's easier than making a breading station as well. and you get crispier results in the end
All depends on what I'm cooking! Breading has it's purposes, e.g chicken parmigiana, but when you want crispy bite sized chicken it's the way to go.

I don't know what the fuck food wishes is and I haven't been on this board in years. I am Greek American, that is my mother's recipe.

Well, put. You use the technique the recipe calls for

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken
My backyard
Scraps and leftovers
A small hutch

Method:
Place the chicken in my backyard, feed it scraps and leftovers, leave it there until it dies of old age.
The chicken will provide you with many eggs over the years. Throw the eggs at hippies.

He's a youtube chef and that's one of his most popular recipes. Your version is more authentic and the thought of that oil crisping up the potatoes and chicken sounds delicious. That recipe is going into my rotation.. thanks user and mum

Yes, but the real question is will there ever be a boy born that will swim faster than a shark