Ctrl+f

>ctrl+f
>didn't see a beer general
>just a bunch of plebs complaining that it tastes bad
Beer General. What have you been drinking, lads? I've been enjoying pic related.

>the milk stout meme

Op is 10 years old and what is this

It does taste bad.
I still drink beer to get wasted but don't pretend it's delicious and zesty citrus notes and shit.

me too but you cant deny sierra nevada tastes better than keystone light

The usual, two farted.

I've drank ~10 brands of beer and my favorite so far is baltika.

I actually hate being drunk, and I like the taste.

True, I drink high ABV beers because why waste time with watered down swill. Craft beers taste like shit but get you drunk quickly.

finishing up a 15bbl brew day, made our brown ale today. my cellar has mostly local bba beers and sours.

recently I've been drinking MT's blackhouse nitro cans, and anything hazy alvarado street/moonraker comes out with.

Same. I get the spins really easy so I just work up to a nice buzz and call it quits.

bought one of these and it was pretty good.
brewed with serrano peppers, coffee, and chocolate I think.

Nice trips! I'm not a big fan of this stuff anymore. It's not bad but I don't drink many IPAs and when I do I want them to be extremely fruity. I'm drinking pic related right now. It's strong but tastes almost like fruit juice. Just had Evil Twin's brandy barrel Jesus stout. Not the best variation but good. Their Molotov Cocktail is another one of my favorite IPAs.

>pepper
>coffee
>chocolate

Congratulations you discovered the milkshake of the beer world now kill yourself

I like the taste, I even get non-alcoholic beer sometimes.
Sounds like picrelated, tasted good but quickly went to the bathroom after drinking a couple. Wouldn't classify as good beer but a good drink to try out.

>the milkshake of the beer world

I guess you could call stouts that, though it would be more appropriate to apply it to milk stouts...

This stuff is really good, but its kind of expensive.

Rhinegeist Sun King and Madtree Identity Crises. Both are pretty decent. I made some black and tans out of the last couple of cans. Worked out very well.

>Rhinegeist
>MadTree

>Cincyfag detected

Moved away after college myself. Haven't had either in a couple years now. I do miss them both but prefer Rhinegeist myself.

Patrician: enjoying all beers and being enlightened enough to know that they all have their place, even cheap normalfag light beers.
Plebmaximus: getting angry or feeling any emotion at all when somebody else enjoys a beer that you don't like, especially a beer that you don't like because of stupid memes like IPA or milk stout

Pisswater macro lagers don't "have their place"...

you aren't missing much in cincy besides over the rhine getting cleaned up quite a bit. I don't care much for Madtree but Rhinegeist is great. This sun king is pretty good. I actually live in Huntington, WV and theres this new place in town that has a beercade and makes their own in house beer I have yet to try.

Everyone's always riding Gulden's dick but I much prefer his brother Piraat.

t. never hosted a party for kids
You're going to let these shits drink your expensive beer? Just give them cheap shit beer they won't even know a difference.

i love beer a lot but holy fuck these pictures are the *tips fedora* of the beer world

1000 hours in paint

I've been drinking nice beers for about six years now and only in the last year or so did I understand the joys of stuff like High Life and Budweiser. Some beers are simply trash but a few macros are good and when you want to drink all day without spending $50 that's what you buy.

You'll get there one day, kiddo. *winks*

How fucking autistic are you? Google "Piraat beer" and it's nothing but these pictures; what else would it be?

You want a picture of Maginot line fortifications circa 1937 while I wax poetic about Delirium Tremens?

Drinking a Tropical Torpedo. It seems a little too subtle for it to be named that. Still good though since Torpedo is a good base beer. It's also dirt cheap at 8.99 a sixer in Southern California.

It's good but it's a bit expensive. Especially considering there are better cheaper milk stouts. They're not nitro but whatever.

>a beer from across a country is still fresher than any of Firestone Walkers IPAs even though they're less than two hours away
I hate that.

I like that pilsners and good lagers are becoming more popular. Sometimes I don't want my enamel stripped off by hops.

New to drinking beer, I picked some of this stuff up because I saw it in another thread and it was really good.

This is good. Wake Up Dead is better.

Congratulations, you started with the best beer in existence, it's all down hill from here.

This

anyone else an ayinger fan?
i prefer this and their hefe

It might be due to it being unpasteurized? Not sure, but yeah they always taste pretty fresh.

Nitrogen beers taste flat to me. Especially the ones that have the widget in the can. I can't even drink Guinness unless it's on tap.

i'd drink celebrator every day if it wasn't hard to find and $16 for 4 beers

The last great beer I tried was probably this one, it turned me on to Innis & Gunn in general even though they stopped selling this stuff after Christmas. Fucking tasty though.

same

>spiced rum

only shitty rum is spiced, but kudos on the porter selection

I agree, but the flavour is a great finish on the beer.

Baltika 6 is king

>one day you'll grow up and start drinking bud

Kek. I'm in my 30's, am "technically" in recovery, and still spend most days drinking without batting an eye about spending decent money on alcohol - just move on to liquor after you've had 2-3 nice beers, dum dum.

Life's too short to waste a drink on a shitty macro lager, let alone spend an entire day torturing yourself by forcing down a case of that dirty dish water. I'm an admitted alcoholic and I couldn't possibly drink that stuff fast enough to get a tinge of a buzz, and with the taste doing nothing but making me want to vomit, I don't see myself ever coming around.

Here is my beer trophy

Actually I'm usually drinking a can High Life after every one or two good beers and it still makes the difference between drinking $30 in a day and drinking $50. It's one of the few macro beers I can enjoy and it keeps my taste buds from getting burnt out from malts or hops.

Pic #2
Westy 12 from my trip to Belgium. Lives up to the hype

>beer before liquor

I can't do that, I piss the bed every time

The "Stop liking what I don't like" kid is mocking someone else's tastes...

Not OP, but I'm 40, and I love a good stout. If anything IPAs are the meme beer.

My recent favorite is Founder's Backwood Bastard Scotch Ale. 11.2 ABV. I'm going to be sad when the keg runs dry. It has a very rich scotch flavor to it that manages to not taste forced like most liquor barrel aged beers I've had. Prior to that I was loving Big Bad Baptist Stout.

I'm 40, and also a functioning alcoholic. Personally, I head to the few good taphouses in town early in the night and drink some good high-end stuff for a few hours. At 9, one of them starts doing 3 dollar Irish Carbombs. I'll do a few of those with my friends, and then switch to Coors Light for the rest of the night at the local live music venue to maintain for the rest of the evening. 32 ounce tall boys for 3 bucks saves my wallet. There is the occasional shot mixed in there as people in my usual group insist that it's shot time. It's what I get for hanging out with a bunch of people in their 20's. Basically my nieces, nephews, and their crew try to mesh with us old townie drunks, and I have to drink with both groups.

The burdens of being popular.

OH MY

Not him but 6 porter? GOAT fucking beer.

Am I a pleb if I like pretty much any beer so long as it's not weak and watery? Anything full flavoured, whether it's amber or pitch black generally tastes decent to me.

Holy shit user, did you go to the brewery?

bought it illegally in brussels, it was by far the most incredible quad ale I've ever had. Definitely top 5 beer experience if not #1. Banana bread notes, rich beautiful plum, brown sugar, cherry liqueur, dark bread. St Bernardus 12 but imagine rarified and distilled into its purest essence so the flavor is more intense and balanced immaculately. Drank it with my dad and was just speechless. I don't know if I'm hyping it up in my head or it truly deserves the praise I'm giving it, but it goes down in my books as one of the very best things I've ever drank

Honestly this is how I feel as well about stouts. There is no character to them. It's just a race to who can make it taste the most like a chocolate milkshake. It's disgusting and unskilled.

>huge chewy chocolate with coffee notes
>big big dark fruits

to be fair, this is true of most beers. Doesn't matter if you're drinking a belgian lambic or an irish stout. People are always going to try new shit, because basic flavors have more or less already been perfected with slight flavor variances by company. I like to see what people come up with. Like Stone Xocaveza. It's basically a ridd on Mexican Hot Chocolate. It manages to not be overly sweet or cloying, just light hints of it. I really dig it. Am I going to order it with Shepherd's pie? Hell no. But it's certainly not something to throw out of my rotation. I'm for variety. If you don't love something, cool. don't drink it. But other people are going to have different tastes. I mean, telling someone to kill themselves because they have a different palate? How big of a fucking douchbag do you have to be to think like that. How insecure in your manhood are you that you have to deride someone's tastes because they don't want your "manly" notion of what a beer should be?

Nigga I was following you until the last half of your rant. Where exactly did I tell anyone to kill themselves or call manhood into any of this. All I said was I don't like stouts

With that said, you should kill yourself if you drink that trash. Beta liberal fuccbois

go home youre drunk

You stated that you you feel the same as >Congratulations you discovered the milkshake of the beer world now kill yourself

So are you saying you don't agree with him? you don't show it with the "trash" statement. All I'm getting is salt. All I'm saying is, beer is awesome because it is an open canvas to experiment with. Every once in awhile, a brewery makes fucking gold out of something I would never expect to work. Try everything. When you use this "fuccbois" shit I realize I'm discussing something I love with a 20 something twat trying to be manly. Grow the fuck up, kid. There's more to this world than your narrow view and what some fucking imageboard told you is manly.

I'm at home, and always drunk.

>tfw not really into beer but want to like it
I'm not really into hoppy beers/IPAs. I've had a couple stouts I thought were okay, though. Where should I go next with beer? What stouts/porters should I try?

IPAs are the Starbucks latte of beer. Lots of overpowering nonsense to mask the taste of what you're really drinking. No shame in thinking little of that.

I'd tell you to just do what I do and try something new every time you hit the store.

Fair enough not to like IPAs but don't make up bullshit like
>Lots of overpowering nonsense to mask the taste of what you're really drinking.
to justify it

Had this when I visited the US, enjoyed very much. I thought nitro was a meme but it poured a beautiful frothy perfect head straight out of the bottle. One of the nicest looks I've seen.

Had pic related yesterday, was very good but a bit old by the time it got to me. Lots of nice red wine/brandy notes.

Taking a break from beer because hoppy stuff always leaves me stuffy and I need to see if it's causing some gnarly eczema on my fingers. I might be allergic :( but hoping it's something else.

Some beers, like Guinness draughts, legitimately taste good, though.

>Lots of overpowering nonsense to mask the taste of what you're really drinking.
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard in regards to complaints about drink. Do you want to taste raw alcohol or something?

Virtually every drink sold and enjoyed for the taste has ingredients added to make them taste better.

Yeah because non-IPAs are pure alcohol, dipshit.

Just had pic related and a (very) local brew at my local tap house, along with some tacos.

Always a nice choice.

Now sitting down with a DfH Beer for Breakfast Stout, about to watch the president make a giant ass out of himself once again. Might need to hit the vodka after this.

>Yeah because non-IPAs are pure alcohol, dipshit.
Work on your shitposting.

The bud light of europe

It's not shitposting if I happen to point out that IPA is a teabag of hops and pot pourri masquerading as beer.

I tried Baltika on a whim a few days ago.

Far from perfect, but it was more than good enough for the price.

Lost forty double IPA currently. It's a brew local to Arkansas.

I know I'll get shit on for enjoying IPAs, but I don't really care. I enjoy lots of different styles of beer, and IPA is one of them.

Nice meme. Still tastes good.

So are a lot of a beers. Not an argument.

>inb4 no they aren't
What beers do you enjoy?

It's not the best beer ever, it might even be a guilty pleasure, but I have fond memories of this beer.

What meme? It's bitter water, but looks pretty

Have you tried one? It tastes a bit like chocolate and cream.

>I only drink high quality fine artesian fairtrade organic decaffeinated compressed and hydrated extra-protein soy tripple IPAs

>I only chug and shotgun the finest traditional American beers
>Hahaha only hipster faggots don't drink 30 packs for $15 like me

Hey you faggots

Had this one on tap today, pleasantly surprised since prior New Belgium beers have failed to really stand out much to me.

Not crazy about dark lagers but this was brettygud

Strangest place. Number 6 had pu-er in it.

>I don't like this brewery or style of beer much, but thought this was good
I don't know if I should seek or avoid it after that recommendation

Oops, number 5 I mean.

>Ibu
what the fuck, did someone get traumatized by something dryhopped?

The dirt-flavored pu-er, or the actual good kind?

It's china MaoTai doesn't really taste like anything.

It was pretty good, tasted like grandma.

I can only imagine what the beer shits are going to be like in the morning.

Going to grab a 4-pack of my usual pic related in a bit.

>Where should I go next with beer? What stouts/porters should I try?

You can go Belgian with a nice Tripel or Quad, or give Saisons a shot as well.

Stouts to try:
>Left Hand Wake Up Dead Nitro
>Great Divide Yeti/Oatmeal Yeti
>Blvd. Dark Truth
>Founder's Breakfast Stout or KBS if they have it
>North Coast Old Rasputin (My personal favorite)

If you get them when they're fresh, then annual Stone's RIS and SN Narwhal are good as well.

From the DfH site:

>A stout tricked out with all sorts of breakfast ingredients including Guatemalan Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Massachusetts and for the quintessential Delaware breakfast touch - Rapa Scrapple and their secret blend of spices

>2-row Applewood smoked barley, Kiln Coffee malt, Flaked oats, Roasted barley, Caramel malt along with additions of Molasses, Milk Sugars (lactose), Brown Sugar, Roasted Chicory lay the foundation for this malty, breakfast-themed concoction. Enjoy huge notes of coffee in the nose and savory layers in the flavor

Well... I can say I've tried it. I guess I can now say that I've tried scrapple too.

just celebrated my 21st birthday with family.
had a hacker pschorr with my steak dinner. it was pretty good.
was gifted a bottle of Chimay premiere ale which I shared with said family. that was pretty great.

how did Veeky Forums celebrate your 21st birthday?

>how did Veeky Forums celebrate your 21st birthday?
my father and I split a 21 year old Thomas Hardy's

Turning 21 next week at the end of my spring break, but my podunk hometown only has dive bars and a GrowlersUSA. Im pretty used to beer already, so any of yall have experiences there? Ive got one friend thats still 20, will they let him in?

that sounds cool and thoughtful.

say, why do some beers age well and others go to trash?
this might sound like a newfag question, which I am to beer, obviously.

Been going through a 4 pck of this stuff. Super yummy. Also literally tried a Kirkland double bock from Costco lmfao. It was a little better than I had expected tbf.

Ipa tasted like soap though, do not go near it.

Yes. It tasted like bitter water.

atleast ive got some real beer.

t. german.

What's a fake beer?

I'm surprised they still let you have beer since you're all Muslim now

not an argument faggot

Have you tried the "Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout"? Personally, I enjoy it quite a bit.

This is a local beer, it's pretty dang good.