I am not convinced that a homemade lasagna is appreciably better than a frozen Stouffer's lasagna...

I am not convinced that a homemade lasagna is appreciably better than a frozen Stouffer's lasagna. Especially not considering the effort necessary to make one from scratch.

There is no other dish that requires such a high amount of work for such a meager result.

>lasagna
>high amount of work

What the fuck do you mean by a high amount of work?
It's the original dump dinner.

AYY VINNY
ALL-A YOU GOTTA TO DO IS A TAKE-A DA NOODLES AND A LAYER EM WITH A SOME SAUCE AND A CHEESE A BETWEEN EM

>build sauce over several hours, including sauteing vegetables and meat
>boil pasta
>get cheeses rarely used in anything else
>assemble precisely, more than any casserole or any other baked pasta dish
>bake for another hour at least

More inneficient than any other pasta dish and not better enough to justify it

lol, it's basically a fucking casserole.

Pasta boils in 20 minutes, you need mozzarella and Parmesan, that's it.
Also fuck making your own sauce, just buy canned it saves so much time.
If you're gonna make your own sauce, you might as well make your own lasagna strip pasta.

Then why not make a casserole instead? Or if the sauce is the star of the show why not just toss some spaghetti in it instead of making a big stupid layer cake?

>get cheeses rarely used in anything else

If you rarely have use for ricotta and parmesan you can't be cooking very often

Sorry nonna but most of the world doesn't use riccota for anythig else

Lasagna is stupid is my point.

you can't make a big enough lasagna for an 8 oz tub of ricotta, you memeing cunt?

>eggs, pastries, salads, dips

You live on frozen food because you're too lazy to cook and you came to Veeky Forums and started a shitpost thread trying to justify why you're too lazy to prepare even a baked pasta entree that children can make.

The restaurant I work at puts it on the spaghetti and baked ziti

If I'm going to make a tasty Italian dish it would be almost anything else besides a lasagna casserole. You need to get the specific ingredients for a dish that yields lesser results than what you can do with similar but more versatile ingredients.

"If" you were going to cook, but you don't.

I have cooked a lasagna precisely once that I can recall.
I'm not the perfect saucemaker but I can pass, and I make Italian inspired sauces with some regularity.
I cannot conceive of a situation where I would be compelled to make a lasagna casserole and it makes me angry that people like you do.

Because the dish sucks.

1. Lasanga isn't a high amount of work.
2. Stouffer's lasagna is way too sweet, with no depth of flavor, and uses shit like HFCS in it. Plus, it tastes fucking frozen. Frozen food a shit (except for plain vegetables and berries).
3. You're an idiot with shit taste. Get good, faglord.

I put it in meatballs

>I made a bad lasagna once and think making pasta sauce is a lot of work

Lol okay

>Can't even feed 1 hungry kitty cat

Just make baked ziti if you think lasagna is too much work. It's as low effort as an 'Italian' casserole can get.

Or stick with the frozen single serving crap. See what I care.

>20 minutes
How mush is your lasagna? Why even put noodles in at all?

This

Lasagna is made with the leftover sauce and cheese and meat from other dishes, cunt. You just boil the pasta and assemble it.