Why does butter taste bad by itself but good with another food?

Why does butter taste bad by itself but good with another food?

Why does salt taste bad by itself but good with another food?

Why does pepper taste bad by itself but good with another food?

Many foods taste better than the sum of their ingredients.

Butter is not bad by itself. It's just very rich and needs something to balance the flavor or quickly becomes overwhelming. Also it forms a complete protein when mixed with other proteins like whole grain wheat.

Butter is a health food Joe Rogan said so

I think you mean many foods taste better as the sum of their ingredient.

>hehe I know what you meant but I will pedantically correct you
Wanna know why people don't like you?

By sum of their ingredients, I meant eating for example: bread, then cheese separately.

After the cooking process they are not simply the sum of their ingredients, but something different entirely. They have turned into cheesybread, not bread + cheese.

now that is a lie. pepper tastes GREAT by itself

so does butter

>he doesn't lick his finger, dip it into the salt pig, and then suck all the salty goodness off his wet finger

Cuz you're using shitty butter.

Kerry gold is shit?

>the salt pig
what the fuck kind of is this

you can only have a certain amount of goodness before it wraps around and becomes badness

butter is too good without a bad food to keep it balanced it has too much goodness and becomes bad itsefl

is why bread tastes bad but sandwiches taste good

It's chemistry, fat is a vehicle for flavors and nutrients that you wouldn't get without it. Butter enhances the food that you apply it to. A "fat-free" diet wouldn't be a good thing for anyone

It's meh. I personally think it's a bit TOO grassy tasting with not enough salt.

I use Organic Valley salted butter, or Ghee if i'm sauteing.

When Americans always cream themselves over Kerrygold butter it makes me wonder how terrible their usual butters must be in order for Kerrygold to seem so good.

I use homemade bog butter

>organic valley
nasty

it's better than most mass market butters here, even the stuff that flyovers think is fancy (organic valley, horizon, etc)

you can get high quality butter on the coasts where there are non-CAFO dairy farms but in flyover land that's considered pretentious

>flyover land that's considered pretentious

Anything not hamburgers, hot dogs, tomato cheese pie or macaroni and petroleum cheese product is considered pretentious hipster shit by flyovers.

Not true, have you never been to flyover land? They have everything regular normal people eat, not just a few items. In addition to the items you mentioned there is also tater tot pizza, onion ring salad, and lately even the new "craft beer" that has taken the drinking community by storm.

Like I said. They have everything. Just not the hipster food that only pretentious people pretend to eat because of white guilt, but nobody eats that stuff anyway.

>tomato cheese pie
I think you mean go za

Whats wrong with Organic valley? It consistently beats out Kerrygold and other "fancy' butters in blind taste testing.

>put butter in your coffee
>kill mountain lions

I can finally get donuts and sex toys in the same place.

>'MURICA!

Fucking Europeans.

>was only injured slightly
Yeah cause he killed it before it could maul him

probably because of the higher salt

Well if we're going after what tastes better...?

Not to mention, I can buy it at my normal grocery store and they also have Ghee available which would take time to make using other "better" buttes.

Organic valley is by far the best of the easily found butters in this country.

why not both better tasting and not CAFO garbage sold under the pretense of "more wholesome"?

ghee is non-perishable and being able to buy it at any given store is not a significant concern to most people when you can buy a five year supply at Patel's and be done with it

>and not CAFO garbage
Wait wait wait...

You think Organic valley is CAFO?

Lol moron. Just stop replying, you've already shown you don't really know what you're talking about.

Organic valley is pretty expensive ($7 for a 1 gallon milk vs ~$3.50 for store brand) because they use a ton of small farms and don't use any CAFO farms.
Also, why would I drive to a further away grocery store when again, I can WALK to two different grocery stores within 10 minutes that carry organic valley.

>he doesn't know of the cornucopia investigation

you might as well be eating Chinese melamine butter

absolutely disgusting

>cornucopia investigation
A single Organic Valley farm was named and their violation was about letting their chickens out to range.

So how exactly are you pretending this means Organic valley is suddenly CAFO for their cows? (where butter comes from, not chickens in case you were confused)

Texture

maybe you should read more, like the one where dairy cows were involved

if you have no other options then fine, buy your "probably not as bad as the worst possible butter"

I'll stick with the stuff I eat, which comes from an actual accountable farm not hidden behind a generic nationwide umbrella brand

Those were not Organic Valley farm farms though, I Agree the report DID mention farms that are doing shady shit, but the only farm run by Organic Valley mentioned in the report had NOTHING to do with that, which was my point.

>This makes it less impressive
Shut up

>Yeah cause he killed it before it could maul him
Not sure what you were trying to go for with this post

what kind of fork is that

>bogposting on Veeky Forums

/pol/ is leaking

Some people just think it's awesome because it's expensive here and they've never had cultured butter before.
I typically use Tillamook, but sometimes I'll go for cheaper stuff. I like sweet cream better than cultured butter for the most part. And unsalted is generally best. It depends on the application, though.

I didn't realize kerrygold was considered a cultured butter, have you ever had actual cultured butter before? it's nothing like kerrygold

people like KG and other "european style" butters because the higher fat gives them a better consistency and makes then easier to manage at fridge temperature which is where most people keep their butter

it's not unique to kerrygold, a lot of people buy plugra, lurpak, president... they're all pretty similar and (for the most part, there are exceptions) quite a bit cheaper than good butter from a local non-CAFO creamery, but notably better than the watery, crumbly stuff that used to be the only option

>actual cultured butter
OK, so you don't know what you're talking about on that end at all.
Look up cultured vs sweet cream butter.

As far as the fat content goes, I agree it's not unique to Kerrygold. People have access to much better butters than any you mentioned, and have had regular access to other butters long before Kerrygold. If that's really the primary reason, they wouldn't be all about about Kerrygold.

What is that utensil gettin the butter?

>damage control
I like how you didn't answer the question but instead regurgitated my post in a butthurt condescending tone

sure showed me user