Any tips on making good grilled cheese?

Any tips on making good grilled cheese?

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/625507
youtube.com/watch?v=fovLqEd2cWI
youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You got that exactly backwards user

Someone's going to say "use mayo instead of butter" but save yourself the time and bread and don't bother because it's fucking disgusting

not an argument

use mayo instead of butter. use buttermilk bread.

throw the cheese on the floor and eat it off the floor like a fucking animal you subhuman.

Lol die
derpibooru.org/625507

What? I only use butter on the outside of the bread to cook it in a pan, do people normally put butter/mayo in the toasted cheese itself? Mayo sounds kind of gross

Sprinkle of paprika.

Put salsa in it. Breaded nacho.

no he means fry with mayo instead

That a melt not a grilled cheese

Well fuck you, make a melt

>t.plebeian

Use a sandwich roll, mozzarella, cheddar and american cheese, mix butter with garlic powder, brush it all over the outside of the roll, fry that shit up

Dont butter your bread. Use canola oil instead. It makes it much tastier.

Don't use oil, butter, or mayo, fry it in mirin

>garlic powder
>all over the bread

Jesus Christ if I wanted to eat garlic I would just take a clove and chew it up

>anons advice on how to make tea
>mash 9 garlic cloves and add to boiling water....

>anons advice on how to make ice
>mix 1 lb of garlic powder with every ounce of water
>freeze

Mozzarella, parmesan, basil, and some good slices of tomato. Add a lil bit of mayo on the inside and serve with lentil soup

Garlic and olive oil can go far.

LIGHT AMOUNT Mayo 1 side each piece of bread
MEDIUM HEAT pan
PLACE BREAD on the NON MAYO SIDE
add black pepper to mayo side, as it will be face up
Let the bread slightly toast
Flip the bread, add cheese immediately
Cheese will melt, put it together and cook another minute, flip once or twice

Wa fucking la

>what is garlic bread?

youtube.com/watch?v=fovLqEd2cWI

>30k views for Frodo and friends

Holy shit muh Nibiru 2017 end of the world video gets over 100k

Use decent bread if you can. Nothing wrong with wonder white, but you can do better

Mix a mild and a sharp cheese

Lightly season the cheese as it's melting with black pepper or chili flakes or whatever you like

KYs

Im so fuckin sick of these threads. If you need instruction on how to make a grilled cheese then get the fuck out of Veeky Forums

Have you seen Chef?

Kys

>Barneyfag also posts on Veeky Forums
whut

pretentiousgrilledcheese.webm

>he doesn't use mayo instead of butter
faggot detected

WHO /mlp/ HERE?!

Melt the butter to liquid in the microwave and brush it on with one of those rubber sauce brushes.

Also experiment with different breads, a sharper rye with some creamy cheese can be perfect. In general I like sharper breads like pumpernickel rye or carroway and milder, meltier cheeses like Oka or provalone.

Then dip the whole thing in mayonnaise when you eat it.

1) use real butter, not olive oil or some spray
2) use good fucking cheese, if the cheese hardly has any flavor at room temperature then it's not made for making grilled cheeses. Something like mozzarella which gets a lot of its flavor from being browned is out of the question. Some charp cheddar is fine

3) dont put your heat too high or low, you need to have the cheese melted and your bread golden brown, any of these happen too fast and you goofed.

make a quesadilla instead

What's so "pretentious" about it?

Garlic bread?

Mayo is great for toasting the bread instead of butter. Not only do you use less (a light spread of mayo vs. more butter), but it's also what many restaurants do when they make grilled cheese (or they use a tub of fake butter, which is worse IMO). Butter is tasty, sure, but it's not the best fat for getting the bread golden brown and toasty while evenly melting the cheese. Mayo is superior. If some idiot says it's "disgusting", it's probably because they slobbed on too much fucking mayo instead of using common sense.

Also, if you use mayo, you can sprinkle the outside of the bread with parmesan cheese, and get a golden brown parmesan "crust" on the outside of your bread, which is fucking GOAT.

Yes. use country crock or blue bonnet butter (1/2 tablespoon) melt on skillet. use half tablespoon on each side of the sandwich. for bread, use Brownbury health nut bread and kraft for the cheese.

youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY

Adding mayo to a grilled cheese, especially ones with brie/cheddar/fontina is a good idea because it adds a tanginess to the sandwich which is usually pretty fatty and bland.

not necessary for the american cheese/kraft single ones.

for either case, it is imperative to consume a grilled cheese with a warm cup or bowl of tomato soup, preferably one with a milk/cream base.

the people saying that mayo doesn't belong on said grilled cheese sandwich are objectively complete faggots and deserved to be raped and killed

This guy gets it.

Ha, Euro betas can't handle real deal cheese, mayo makes the perfect melt, ooey and gooey, maybe you'd prefer some maggoty fanceau shit.

You might say...

The key secret...

Is to add...

Cheese

underrated

use semen instead of butter

Does anyone else use a George Forman for grilled cheese? Makes it perfect everytime.

I have a regular panini maker, works great.

but that's now how you make a real grilled cheese sandwich.

>you can't use a grill for a grilled cheese sandwich
>real grilled cheese sandwiches are made in pans

No, I mean that real grilled cheese sandwich needs to have the cheese grilled. see

grill the cheese

Dude, I'm telling you, spread some butter om both sides of the bread, fill with cheeses and let it do its thing. I swear by the George foreman working. It melts the cheese

Add in a slice or two of wafer thin ham - tastes g.o.a.t together.

no wonder why your mom is dead kek

wait, you put mayo on food to make it LESS fatty and bland? what the shit are you eating, process cheese and potatoes?

>smashing your bread
ishygddt

> Not only do you use less (a light spread of mayo vs. more butter)

what about a light spread of butter vs more mayo? how the fuck is that an argument?

>but it's also what many restaurants do when they make grilled cheese

how is this supposed to have any bearing on whether they should be using it or not? what does 'many' mean? is it a weasel word dodging the question of whether *most* restaurants do it?

>Butter is tasty, sure, but it's not the best fat for getting the bread golden brown and toasty while evenly melting the cheese

yes, actually, it is.

>ooey and gooey
kys

Add some french mustard.

It's simple
First heat up the pan, butter the outsides of the bread. The cheese should is preferably shredded because it melts better but sliced American is fine too (not the cheap shit though, it doesn't melt well).
Put the sandwich in the pan and drop some water on the pan then cover with a lid. This will speed up the melting

Tried that once and it was okay. Still prefer using butter.

Anyway OP I like adding stuff into my grilled cheesies. I'll take a tomato slice, put it on a paper towel for a minute, then put that in the sandwich while cooking. I do that because if it's really juice it will make the grilled cheese messy.

I also like putting pickle slices in them. That's good too.

If I'm just doing cheese I may add some spice into it like some red pepper flakes.

i hate when cooks fiddle around with the food while they cook it, as if they're focusing on some high craft. it's like DJs who constantly fidget their knobs to look busy

Add a couple slices of a nice hungarian salami

...Garlic and bread? together?

a grilled cheese sandwich is a blob of mild cheese and white bread of course it's bland you fucking cockwaxer

well that's a shame because paying attention to how your food is cooking is one of the things that makes a good chef.

>implying grilled cheese sandwich means GRILLED CHEESE sandwich and not grilled CHEESE SANDWICH

If you're not pretentious you're not a good cook user

get one of these

Add fruit. Cheddar and apples. Brie with apricot preserves, or pears is a fine sandwich treat.

bake it instead of grilling on a pan

Veeky Forums, redpill me on how to cook grilled cheese, every time I try I burn the bread before the cheese even starts to melt unless I use fucking craft singles.

>oil
>constantly fucking with it

Pleb

>muh opinions

Go fuck off.

Americans use the most shit tier ingredients.

Do you all go grocery shopping at 7/11

>Any tips on making good grilled cheese?

The Royal Oak Brewery in Royal Oak, MI has a good grilled cheese, made with Fontina and white cheddar cheese, thick cut bacon and sliced granny smith apples grilled on fresh sourdough.

Though the apple slices need to be much thinner.

The thing I always fuck up is temperature, how hot do you suppose his stovetop is?

Lower your heat and wait longer. Cover the pan if you want to and see how it works for you. But mainly just lower the heat and take more time.

>yes, actually, it is.
well that settles it

Who cares, his method is pretentious crap.

Medium-low heat. Low and slow is what you want to do. Nice golden brown and melted cheese.

Use mac and cheese you pleb

How is it pretentious?

depends on the amount and type of cheese. Medium to medium low is usually good.

fry the bread on top of cheese as well, until the outer cheese turns into a crusty shell. this is the true grilled cheese sandwich

>uses mayo
Fat fuck

I don't understand how this is MLP related.

Mayo has less fat and calories than butter.

Anything that isn't McDonald's or sticking it in the microwave is pretentious.

The real cheese, tht probably isn't even cheese if I know my American cousine right. Fuck off

Mayo is HEALTHIER than butter you morons

>garlic powder

you fucking idiot

and dust it in paprika for some reason

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmcarbs

Butter all sides of the bread, grill the insides lightly before you sandwhich the cheese in between. Low heat and generous butter to simmer. Thick dense pieces of toast.

For a perfect result every time, use a convection oven instead of a pan. Butter both sides, stick in convection oven at 345 F (just below smokepoint of butter) for 10 minutes. Leave it in while it preheats, too. It'll turn out perfectly browned and crispy but not burnt, every time.

Lee had a brain aneurysm and now is perpetually triggered for no apparent reason

In lieu of an actual response it's not an outrageous assumption