oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/cold-blooded.html
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fish
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fish
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is literally nothing wrong with chicken tartare

>raw beef
Tartare.
>raw pork
The fuck do you know, I've been eating raw bacon since I was a child. Worms are almost nonexistent in this day and age, and I also buy smoked bacon, as it's been smoked and is thus not completely raw.
>raw chicken
If nothing else, the taste and texture are just gross. Hilarious coming from someone that likes raw bacon though, right?

raw fish tastes good raw

Fish eaten raw as in sashimi is served freshly killed or flash-frozen to prevent bacterial contamination

You can eat raw chicken and beef provided they're fresh and not something you bought from the supermarket, both raw beef and chicken are thinly sliced and served as sashimi

Pork isn't usually eaten without some form of curing because it's traditionally more susceptible to zoonotic parasites like trichnella and many countries have laws against serving it raw. .

salmonella

>tartare
Prion disease
>raw pork
Trichniosis. Worms need to be killed by heat.
>raw chicken
salmonella poisoning

If salmonella tastes """good""" to you. I'll stick to my chicken tenders thanks.

If it's frozen it was never fresh to begin with, yuck. You can't eat either unless you want mad cow disease, salmonella, trichnosis, or other parasites and diseases. What kind of subhuman doesn't take advantage of fire? The most basic human innovation.

Everything else aside (because I don't have a major complaint with it), prions are not killed by cooking. They're proteins. You would need to incinerate a food to kill prions.

The ocean is constantly moving and self filtering.

The Earth is kind of just a big pile of shit.

Also, who the fuck doesn't eat raw beef?

Please correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the salmonella bacteria only live in the gastrointestinal tract and cooking the outside kills all bacteria. So the risk of getting salmonella poisoning by undercooked chicken should be quite low.

Wouldn't the heat denaturate them and make them lose their function/effect?

No. The function of proteins is to...protein, and prions are just slightly different proteins. Anything that would not destroy a normal protein will not destroy a prion.

Proteins can neither be created or destroyed

I read that as Prison Disease.

>breathing
Inhale cancerous fumes

I bet OP eats raw dicks.

>raw chicken
Salmonella. Slimy texture.

>raw pork
Doesn't taste good. Fat needs to be rendered. Disease.

>raw beef
Tastes best medium rare.

>It doesn't taste very good
>It always has a very high chance of giving you unpleasant diseases
I honestly don't understand why chicken is so dirty

Hope this is bait but heating a protein denatures it and deactivates any sort of function it has other than exisiting. You'd still eat the prion but it will have no effect.

>not eating raw horse meat
get on my level

>Prions can be destroyed through incineration providing the incinerator can maintain a temperature of 900 F for four hours. In an autoclave, prions can be deactivated by using a temperature of 270 F at 21 psi for 90 minutes. If the infectious material is in a solution of sodium hydroxide, deactivation will occur after one hour at 250 F and 21 psi.

Your shit would get burned or way overcooked

I can explain raw pork. Pork tapeworm travels throughout your body and can make cysts in your brain and kill you. So freeze that shit or whatever. ib4 1st world doesn't have pork tapeworms.

That doesn't make sense to me. Why can the temp to sterilize be so much lower with such an insignificant pressure increase in the autoclave. Normal pressure is like 15 psi

>1st world doesn't have pork tapeworms.
it doesn't

Pressure cookers and shit don't count our natural 1atm, they use it as a zero point.

and prediction complete

Anyone have the x-ray pics from that Chinese person that's been eating raw pork for years?

Heat does not get rid of mad cow eating raw beef is safe just not ground beef

I see. Thanks.

>What kind of subhuman doesn't take advantage of fire?
Americans who eat tartare beef?

Jesus Christ

Google it. It was a Chinese woman, she's still younger than 30 I believe but since the age of 10 all the way to 23 she ate raw pork, it was the tribe's tradition to.
X-rays showed that her muscles, organs, brain, hell even her tongue is infected.

Infected with what?

prions

youtube.com/watch?v=9aoTr9CbHew

Oh. From a pork tapeworm Taenia solium
?????

This video is reddit incarnate.

this dude should kill himself 2bhonest

not an argument

not an argument

>doesn't eat raw pork
I ate a shit ton of Nem Chua when I lived by my parents, anyone familiar with this ?

By now I have eaten everything on that list due to fucking up while cooking

I ate some pork sausage tonight that was still a bit pink inside/slightly undercooked. Am I okay?

Chicken: I dunno
Pork: Mett
Beef: Steak Tartar. Also Mett.

Plenty of sausages are uncooked, but not "raw"

Vietfag here.

It's cured, my man.

not an argument

Your bacon is never "raw."
It's always cured. Sugar cured, salt cured, smoke cured.
Unless you're buying your bacon from a butcher... then, SOMETIMES, it's truly Raw.

>hurr curing means cooking!
Read a fucking book dude.

cooking literally means to use heat

>Please correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the salmonella bacteria only live in the gastrointestinal tract and cooking the outside kills all bacteria.
You're wrong. That's their preferred environment, but they can live for weeks outside a body. That's why salmonella risk from eggs is a thing, for example. And while most infections are from salmonella on the shell, one in 20,000 or so are infected inside the egg. (I think that was US stats...google if you want to know more).

All carry various risks, and ways of mitigating them, but one obvious difference is that poultry, swine, and cattle are warmblooded, so bacteria harbored by their corpses are adapted to a similar body temperature to humans, and are more likely to survive and cause illness in humans as well.

>fish are cold-blooded even though they'd freeze to death in the cold water if they weren't warm-blooded
Do you think before you just shitpost?

>you're wrong because of these extremely uncommon examples why
kys pedantic faggot

Not him but fish are cold-blooded and your stupid reasoning won't change that.

1) Water isn't freezing temperature
2) Insulation.

I believe there's only one warm-blooded fish.

>Not him but
Okay Captain Reddit.

>1) Water isn't freezing temperature
Ice is you fucking idiot. Water in its liquid state is a loose wet form but when it gets sub-0 Celsius or sub-32F it freezes into a solider form (ice)>

>2) Insulation
Fish move around to much to live in one place retard and most fish dwellings aren't insulation

If you cut a fish open it'd be warm not cold to the touch. Fucking idiot wanna be "scientists..."

>ice is
Ice is not water.

>insulation
I'm talking about the insulation they have on their body.

You can meme all you want because you're embarrassed, but fish are cold-blooded save one species (to the extent of our scientific knowledge).

oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/cold-blooded.html
>n 2015, researchers with the NOAA Southwest Fisheries Science Center revealed the opah, or moonfish, as the first fully warm-blooded fish

>Ice is not water.
If ice melts what does it turn into you fucking retard?

And FYI WARM-BLOODED AQUATIC MAMMALS aren't cold-blooded either you fucking moron. Whales, dolphins, porpoises, manatees, seals, sea lions, walruses, etc. all not cold-blooded.

>If ice melts what does it turn into you fucking retard?

Exactly. It was Ice. Then if you melt it it becomes water. But ice itself is not water. It's ice. And likewise if you boil water it becomes steam. Ice, steam, and water are three different things. Ice is a solid. Steam is a gas. Water is a liquid.

Wow you sure did pass fucking kindergarten science today. I hope you go chug some bleach to properly award your dumb ass parents (whom'st I hope have cancer)

The definition of water demands it to be liquid. The definition of ice demands it to be frozen. Ice is not water. Gas is not liquid and liquid is not solid. If you're going to appeal to science, you should understand states of matter.

>And FYI WARM-BLOODED AQUATIC MAMMALS aren't cold-blooded either you fucking moron. Whales, dolphins, porpoises, manatees, seals, sea lions, walruses, etc. all not cold-blooded.
I agree. But fish are not mammals so that is irrelevant.

You should stop replying, you're just making yourself look even stupider.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fish
>any of numerous cold-blooded strictly aquatic craniate vertebrates that include the bony fishes and usually the cartilaginous and jawless fishes and that have typically an elongated somewhat spindle-shaped body terminating in a broad caudal (see caudal 2) fin, limbs in the form of fins when present at all, and a 2-chambered heart by which blood is sent through thoracic gills to be oxygenated freshwater fish tropical fish

>inb4 hurr durr merriam webster not a real dictionary

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fish
>A limbless cold-blooded vertebrate animal with gills and fins living wholly in water.

samefag

I read plenty. I believe it's your reading comprehension that needs work. Could you kindly point out the word "cooked" for me in my post?

yes i thought i made that obvious

You implied the word you dipshit now go back to being a line cook at McDonalds little boy I make $20,000 a YEAR.

>samefag
No shit, mong-child.

>hurrrrrrr its okay to admit to shitposting
fuck off

No, he wrote:

>Your bacon is never "raw."
>It's always cured. Sugar cured, salt cured, smoke cured.

Cured meat isn't raw. Nobody considers cold-smoked salmon to be 'raw'. Ceviche isn't raw.

Then by that logic neither is tartare which is usually smoke blended (flash fried to you noobs). The thing is that my bacon IS raw. I get it smoked from a buddy of mine but the smoke cure doesn't make heat just cus it comes from the heat. I have a water cooled billow I use to heatlessly smoke my meats.

Also kill yourself for bringing up ceviche into the argument when we were talking about bacon. Typical goal-post shifting conservaturd. Literally stay in your flyover containment state please. We (CA) don't want or need your culinary advice, you have NO experience!

Am I reading this thread wrong or did someone claim fish were warm-blooded and then try to defend his stupidity by trying to lump marine mammals in with fish?

Flash frying anything cooks it. Literally.

Literally no one did that, are you illiterate? Read the thread instead of shitposting, brainlet.

>Then by that logic neither is tartare which is usually smoke blended (flash fried to you noobs). The thing is that my bacon IS raw. I get it smoked from a buddy of mine but the smoke cure doesn't make heat just cus it comes from the heat. I have a water cooled billow I use to heatlessly smoke my meats.
True but I think the real problem is when you bring up the word cure into the discussion and people twist your words around. It fucking sucks and it's happened to me already ITT by an idiot misrepresenting my posts.

So your bacon is cold-smoked like cold-smoked (not raw) salmon. And so it's been cured, just like bacon in supermarkets, which also isn't raw.

ITT; people who think prosciutto is raw meat

ask the degenerate farmers who slave for Tyson or Goldn'plump.

You're pretty dumb lol

Youre wrong accept it

It wasnt shitposting it was refuting someones stupid argument.

No, I didn't imply the word. Stop being such a whiny faggot.

>$20,000 a year

Try harder, fag. I make $23.84 an hour, which is about $47,840 a year, minus my benefit payout of $4000 a year, and any overtime I may accumulate... and I'm a cook. Suck me sideways.

Everyone itt is getting taken for a ride by an user pretending to be more retarded than someone could possibly be irl

Prions are a problem because they form very resilient chains of misfolded protein that can fragment and recruit other proteins into them. Prion diseases like CJD affect brain proteins; the chains destroy your brain cells and turn the brain into Swiss cheese. Heat denaturing is not only more difficult to do to prions, they can also refold. Heat doesn't permanently denature most proteins, and the only way to be sure they're gone is to torch every last molecule. Even a few prion molecules will be able to start the disease on a new person, so there's not a lot of room for error.

>Literally no one did that, are you illiterate? Read the thread instead of shitposting, brainlet.
Kek you did

You also said ice is water. Confirmed moron.

You do know that an animal being cold or warm blooded doesn't mean its blood is literally cold or warm, right?

Fish are warm blooded. That's why their blood is warm.

It's very simple, user. I enjoy the taste of cooked chicken, beef and pork. I don't enjoy the taste of cooked fish. However, when you eat fish raw, You don't get that fishy taste, and it becomes more of a textural experience, which is a win win for me, as I am enjoying said health benefits from eating fish in moderation.

Agreed.

kek just stop posting anytime, you embarrassed yourself already

raw beef tastes great actually, pic related. the only reason why we don't eat more raw meat is because the way its handled promotes bacterial contamination.

>raw beef
Enjoy your mad cow disease

MCD is not affected by cooking temperatures. It is a prion.

A prion is a misfolded protein you fucking idiot. Heating it doesn't do shit, enjoy your Swiss cheese girl brain faggot.

I get this "seasoned steak" from a package that is about 7 inch long strips of "taco meat". It's pure fucking steak but with seasonings. Eat it raw, all the time, god damn raw meat is good, I don't understand why we built fire

Did you reply to the wrong person?

>be dumb protohuman
>don't use fire to cook meat
>as consequence meat and other food takes longer to digest
>always stay dumb protohuman because no calorie surplus

if "calorie surplus" automatically makes you smarter, why aren't fatasses acing all the IQ tests?

Do you already have prion disease you raw meat loving cuck?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. So I'll repeat:

MCD is caused by prions. Prions do not get affected by heat. If you eat meat contaminated with MCD you will be infected regardless if it is raw or well-done.

lol only idiots dont understand this. mad cow woudlnt have been such a big scare if normal levels of heat was all you needed to prevent it. the problem was that people were buying hamburgers at mcdonalds and dying of irreversible brain damage months later.