I'm tutoring a 13 year old in Geometry tomorrow, any suggestions fro what to include on the first day?

I'm tutoring a 13 year old in Geometry tomorrow, any suggestions fro what to include on the first day?

Thinking points, lines, and angles.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampi
youtube.com/watch?v=DB4SkfgvQ98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did I start this?
Teach him drawing ancient greek symbols. It contains lines angles and curves

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampi

> forgot the link to the most important one

give him a copy of the elements and go jerk off in the bathroom

Your penis.

youtube.com/watch?v=DB4SkfgvQ98

I've tutored many children and adolescents and one crucial advice is this: Don't try to hard.

They literally don't care. I know I didn't when I was their age.

Is it a cute girl?

make him prove some shit with a compass

public schools don't even break out the compass in geometry

do it even if they don't care

/b/tards

desu I was teaching a girl analytic geometry and when we got to the point where I tried to explain parametric definition of a line and how you can transform it into slope-point and slope-intercept and general form etc. she literally told me that she doesn't need to really know this, she just needs to understand what she needs to do on the test. Fucking bitch, you don't fucking know what you need to know, I know what you need to know, I study fucking physics.

Is it a cute boy?

She was most likely right though. I used to think the same, why do I care about history or fucking modern art if I'm going to study the natural sciences?
If you don't like the subject there's no reason for you to learn more than the bare minimum.

And why do you study physics user? Because you dont know shit.

That little girl would prob translate greek symbols into what they look like (lines, curves and rotations around 1 point on multiple axis) faster than you can explain the theory of unification

Start with Derived Schemes and work your way down.

>why do I care about history or fucking modern art if I'm going to study the natural sciences?

Modern art is useless, but everyone should know their history.

The teaching model is useless and they seem to purposefully induce total apathy towards the subjects int you. Information is drilled without context and a harmful grading model is used for whatever reason, and at the end most of the information presented is forgotten.
The subjects are not the issue, the education system is the issue.

Teach them Heron's formula.

Probably shit on the level of Pythagorean theorem. That's what I learned in 7th grade

Sounds like you're butthurt because she didn't offer sex in response to your generous teaching.

>I study fucking physics.
pretty sure she knows better than you.