Holy shit, why the fuck is writing a goddamn thesis so convoluted

Holy shit, why the fuck is writing a goddamn thesis so convoluted.
FUCK citations, FUCK THEM ALL, goddamn, I know very well what I'm talking about, and so do you, you retarded jury.

Everything is retarded in academia, that's why PHD holders are retarded most of the time

Because it's not about the thesis. It's about you managing to write this abhorrent piece of convoluted shite without losing your sanity.

>salieri
hits a bit too close to home

Who is this semen scholar?

I mean, it's really ridiculous. I have to include citations from people that know LESS than me, just because I can't say "hey, this is like this, because X and Y" and be done with it.

And if you rediscover something that's not too important you can't just use it, you have to credit the guy who did it originally as if you learned it from him :')

t. brainlet

>I know very well what I'm talking about
No, you do not; for if you did,
you would know its origin, and the citation.

>be experimentalist
>stumble onto possible new diagnostic technique
>literary review shows nobody's tried anything like it
>early experimental results are promising
>tfw my dissertation practically writes itself

If you can't come up with citations from memory while writing your thesis, which you just spent the last 5-7 years thinking about every single day, then you don't deserve a PhD.

>tfw you never ever has to write a thesis again

have you read any research papers? most of the citations are in the introduction. it's pretty much a review/shopping list of what you've read and a waste of time.

if i knew how retarded academia is i would have at most done a course work only masters and never looked back.

>have you read research papers

I've first authored 4 research papers, thanks, I know how manuscripts work.

The point of a citation is to teach those who don't know as much as you do how you got your knowledge you pleb. The whole point of publishing papers is teaching others.

You wanna know who reads manuscripts? Students, like yourself.

Of course your profs (who all know more than you do) don't give a shit about your citations other than to make sure that you know your shit. They're there for the benefit of others.

i never read the introduction, i.e. where most of the citations are. the only sections i do read are abstract, to get a general idea if it's what i'm looking for, then the results/discussion, and maybe the conclusion.

you really think i'm going to start checking all the shit that's cited before any of the results are presented or discussed? if i was interested in that i would just look for it directly.

You have obviously never done real research.

A cursory understanding of material mentioned in a single sentence of a manuscript introduction is nothing compared to the wealth of information in the citation at the end of that sentence.

If you really want to understand something, you need to go to the source and read it.

Again, if your thesis/research was actually worth a damn, people (future students) would want to read it and build on your knowledge.

i actually do experimental work not some candy ass literature review faggotry such as yourself.

>can't prove anything I said wrong
>implies I don't do experimental work

top kek, nice PhD though, kid.

>Of course your profs (who all know more than you do
lmao

i doubt you do with the amount of emphasis you put on the introduction vs the actual results others obtained.

also, a phd is nothing but a badge of retardation. if i knew then what i know now i sure as fuck wouldn't have bothered.

What's your field, kid?

Basket weaving?

If your job prospects are so shit that you're bitching about puting citations in your thesis on Veeky Forums then you must be getting a PhD in burger flipping.

>not working with geniuses
>not going to a top 25 program in your field

Not even worth getting a PhD in that case, m8.

the problem is that my job prospects were better before the phd because i wasn't a retard and actually majored in something that can get me a job, i.e. engineering.

>citations
what, are you not using bibtex?