This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer...

This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.
He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.
He doesn't have a mouse with refresh rate so high that it breaks spacetime continuum every time you slide it across your desk.
He doesn't have a $300 pair of audiophool grade headphones.
He doesn't have some super-expensive chair with all kinds of knobs and adjustments that can can even massage your prostate.
He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.
He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.
He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads that just make you feel inadequate. Just learn your craft and get better. What matters is what's in your head and how you express yourself and not what you have on your desk.

Now go do math!

literally who

I think you meant to post on /g/?

>Make a company worth hundreds of billions
>Only worth hundreds of millions
Doesn't sound berry smart 2 me senpai

What's the book on the table?

2 seconds on google you pleb

>massage your prostate
fucking kek

Mechanical keyboards are good though
So are good headphones
And a good chair

Holy shit he writes Erlang I knew that faggot was based as fuck

Thats a MX518.

>He doesn't have a $300 pair of audiophool grade headphones.

Those headphones are Bose. So yeah, they're probably about $300.

I mean, I feel like its pretty worth it to have a pair of decent headphones. $300 isn't too outrageous for a good pair, if you care about music quality and are going to use them for years straight.

100x0=0

>He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.
I never saw a programmer or computer scientist switch this. Our whole department runs whatever color scheme comes as default with their OS. Having a custom background at work is a good sign that somebody sees his computer as a necessary evil or toy, not a tool he understands.

Yeah cause if I don't enjoy looking at black on blinding white terminals all day I must not be a real programmer!

go away faggot

is this why i'm such a failure?

>2 monitors
>vim wizard
>use arch
>heavily modified DE
>color scheme based on sonny crockett's suits

On the contrary, you already feel like a failure, and that's why you bothered with all those unnecessary and vain gadgets.

What if you have sensitive eyes and need to have dark themes?

>Color scheme based on Crokett's suits

Can you please post a screencap? I fuckin love Miami Vice.

People who write code for a living are all fucking faggots anyway.

I'm talking about the OS you faggots, as you can see in the picture he has some dark theme for vim, but no faggy anime theme for his desktop

>can drink back to back cups of coffee without dying
>hydrated
>takes care of eye strain
>healthy balding
>good posture
>touch-typing
>married
>smiles for picture

Epithome of human race?

>He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.
>He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.
>He doesn't have a mouse with refresh rate so high that it breaks spacetime continuum every time you slide it across your desk.
>He doesn't have some super-expensive chair with all kinds of knobs and adjustments that can can even massage your prostate.
>He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
>He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.
>He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.
>He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

And what does his HOME workstation look like?

actually switched to arch because ubuntu was too much of a handful.

unity crashing constantly
"ubuntu has experienced an error"
badly outdated packages

god help you if you try to upgrade from one LTS version to the next.

and he's probably spent many hours tweaking his .emacs

At first I thought you were just being a huge cock, until the end. Well played OP

I agree. I too work as a programmer and I keep it very simple. I care so little I even left my work machine with the OS it was originally running, windows.

/g/ fags are /g/ay as fuck. Mech keyboards are so fucking loud and retarded. Multiple screens is overboard unless you are constantly running two or more machines on the same computer at the same time. Most people don't need it. I've seen actual motherfuckers using a 3 or more screen setup when they are just running their one computer. 0 vm's in sight. HOLY SHIT. Are you autistic?

Man, tech memes are so retarded.

I feel like you're upset that you bought all this stuff and then realized learning programming was still hard.

>WORKstation
>Home
Should I be surprised that a tripfag is a cuck?

I just read about Erlang - sounds interesting. I've done some Prolog ages ago and found it quite fascinating (although I never found a practical use for it - I'd just make databases and query them going "wow that's clever").

Most valuable Google employee is Moot.

Moot is actually a facebook

Now that you got that off your chest you feel better dont you

Dont forget the sage

I unironically use Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code on Ubuntu

>MX518

based

>engineer
>works at jewgle
Didn't know you could be gay twice

He's attractive and well kept too. Unlike most CS neckbeards.

Also Arch with whatever DE requires about the same amount of maintenance as Ubuntu (None).

HAHAHA OH WOW

WTF
look at the reflection
who is taking the picture?? noone?

>Google employees
>going home

Arch

>attractive
Motherfucker looks like Willem Dafoe

>He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.
Because he has a shit my-monitor-is-the-pc meme that can't be modified with another monitor or additional space/gpus/power

>He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.
his work computer
>He doesn't have a mouse with refresh rate so high that it breaks spacetime continuum every time you slide it across your desk.
Noone but you made the assumption that this has anything to do with any common conception of coding/programming tools; refresh rate is for gamers. ALSO, you don't know.

Because he's a pleb OR you don't fucking know that

>
He doesn't have some super-expensive chair with all kinds of knobs and adjustments that can can even massage your prostate.
You
Don't
Know
That

>He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
yet he clearly has a shell with a colorful scheme

>
He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.
YDKT
YDKT
YDKT
don't even feel like quoting anymore

Notice that its not like this was a personal choice on his part but it seems like the whole fucking room is stocked like this.

I bet you think everyone at your school library is a wizard because they use the most mundane pleb tech

also

I would suck willem dafoe's cock any time.