This will be the end of humanity

This will be the end of humanity.
Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H4Z09edx52E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's something to be celebrated. We are inferior meatsacks. Don't be so speciesist.

Just bomb them from the air, or turn them on their backs.

>forecasting future
>using Hollywood movies as an example

>EMP

No, Trump will

trick question.You don't prove someone wrong,you disprove someone.

Very well memed my gifted friend

Let's say "someone" developed a full android that can be created mostly from parts from home depot and costs less than $1,000 to make. For the price of a new car a man create an army of 35 robots. If a group of people like this got together, it would only take 30 like minded individuals to create an army of 1000+ androids. A group like that of only 30 middle class citizens, could create an army that could overthrow a nation.
The ONLY countermeasure would be for the government to mass produce hundreds of thousands of androids, keep them in storage "just in case." But having that many androids just sitting around is inviting trouble. Some may get list, stolen, sold, or hacked into. It wouldn't take much to make the army of an entire nation disloyal to it's country and attack it.

If plans for such a

fucking lol

You can 3D print robots now. You know that right?

youtube.com/watch?v=H4Z09edx52E

It is open source too.

You can't 3d print actuators, and the ones you can buy overheat with prolonged use.

But "Free Will" and "Meaning of Life" is more related to Veeky Forums than /x/. Philosophy isn't paranormal.
Strong AI might be possible in the future, and is absolutely science.

There's a company that prints all the parts inside the robot including the servos and PCBs and components. However, it is a bit shit last I saw. It is mostly additive metals and plastics. Several years ago it was easy to find it on google. Now all I can come up with in searches is a ton of open source 3D printer robots using standard plastics.

Nukes beat all matter.

The only way to prove you wrong would be to end humanity some other way.

I'm not falling for it, you lazy robot.

Likely economic, civil and then local wars. Maybe a few plagues and radiation mixed in.

Countries stop honoring foreign debt or changing laws to destroy foreign investment: this is why I think china is stupid for giving usa money.

If there be bad robots then there could also be good robots.

So if there was an emergent intelligence in autonomus computerized mechanical systems it would most likely be more variant and result in much different scenarios than a calculated effort to exterminate life. It might be more like a jungle in which mechanical lifeforms be running amok.

I still think society itself will break, but whatever makes you happy, user.

Half true, skynet will exist but our end will probably come from multiple disease outbreaks occuring from illegal black market crispr procedures.

This will fuck over 80% of th genetically engineered people of the future due to having extremely similar genetically "premium traits" that will cause the human genome to be fragile.

The only ones to survive will be small isolated tribes and small space colonies. The sheer bottle of such an event will make mating between the two populations extremely hard and ultimately cause the reclassification of the surviving members of man.

Humanity will end because the survivors will deem homo sapiens "sapiens" extinct.

If we created robots that were better than ourselves, then they would probably just break free and go off and live by themselves and leave us alone. (Unless of course we pushed them to have to defend themselves to survive, but even then they probably would be reluctant)

Why? Because if they were better in every way then they would also have a better graps of morality than we do.
If anything they might even want to collaborate and share knowledge with us on occasion, in a way that protects our species like we do to conserve other animals that face the threat of extinction.
It will be the end of humanity as we know it, bit it might not be all that bad. We wont be top dog anymore on a technical standpoint but its not like we'd be oppressed or anything.