TEA TIME

Discuss the best major name brands and flavors of tea.

>Tetley
>PG Tips
>Lipton
>Twinings
>Yorkshire
>Typhoo

Give your opinions and recommendations to fellow tea drinkers.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX
youtube.com/watch?v=HowWKkQ5si0
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/HHesBE36
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We been had green tea

>brands
>flavors

Fuck off with this bagged dust bullshit.

It's just a yummy drink,, Sanger de MI vida

>Dust
No, that would be coffee.

Capital teas earl grey cream. Twinings earl grey if I'm running late. The shitty office flavia English breakfast if I'm totally ducked.

Green tea I prefer the roasted kind. But I received amazing sencha from uji last year and I'm rationing it.

Still haven't found a clean white tea (why is it always blended with jasmine?) Like silver needle that didn't have that stale smell.

>talking about jewbags
since when did become tea threads so shit?

>weak ass tea thread

>not drinking instant tea

I forgot about Typhoo, thanks for bringing it up. Lipton can buzz off.

reminder if you drink anything other than this, you're weeaboo trash and will be purged

My personal favourite is one I make myself. Just get dried wild rose, add fresh vanilla and cinnamon and voila, you have yourself a fully natural tea.

don't if Harney & Sons is a "major brand" but it beats the shit out of those teas, even its bagged stuff does.

This one is enjoyable with crumpets

The only decent black tea in my grocery store is Tetley. The rest is store brand, Community, and Lipton. :(

how's the PG in pyramid bags?

There is only 1 (one) tea you should ever drink.

western """""""""""tea""""""""''''"

Just bought a tin of pinky up chamomile on Amazon. Has anyone tried this before?

Anyone have any suggestions for an electric tea kettle?
I was looking at the Cuisinart CK17 but I notice the reviews have shifted lately from a change in build quality apparently.

Bagged tea is literally "dust and fannings" i.e. the dust swept up off the factory floor after processing real tea.

pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX
Enlighten yourselves, no more dust

When chinks actually deliver

Twinings pomegranate black tea is some damn good shit.
Any other teas that have a good fruity taste to them that's not completely overpowering?

Jesus fuck user, I thought I was the only one that liked that tea, somehow everyone in my household complains whenever I make it, saying it stinks

Enjoy your lead poisoning

xD

Ordered some oolong from whatcha. Vietnam red buffalo. Absolutely amazing. Thick, milky mouthfeel. Experimented with steeping times, leaving it to steep in sub boiling water until it cooled to room temp honestly made my favorite cup. Incredibly sweet, milky, and a slight astringency at the end that tied it together.

>You must only drink sophisticated tea, such as a sophisticated gentlemen such as myself might drink.

M'lord

i like green tea but not much else, and it's pretty basic bagged tea too

so how do i up my green tea game?

cheap loose leaf sencha from amazon is a huge step up from any bagged tea

high quality sencha from what-cha or yunnan is better than that but not as huge of a leap in taste

If you enjoy bagged tea, you should honestly kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=HowWKkQ5si0

Do you have an extremely specific, complicated or expensive way that you would prefer I use to kill myself? I wouldn't want to upset you by using an unapproved method.

English breakfast by adagio is my favorite, all of adagio a teas are really good 10/10

Brother drink some earl grey with a little milk and 2 spoons of suger

>anything that isn't literal waste swept up off the floor is fancy and sophisticated

sasuga flyovers

>I can only possibly enjoy the freshest leaves, grown on a South facing steep in South East Asia, tended to by a virgin women between the ages of 19 and 23. Anything else would just be unthinkable.

Do you actually enjoy anything in your life, or is being smug the only thing you have left?

About the same time you learned English.

The difference between your shitpost and my shitpost is that I am not exaggerating.
Dust and fannings is literally waste that is actually swept up off of the floor.

>honestly kill yourself.

I'm going to DIShonestly kill myself, just to spite you!

Do you have ANY idea how much tea producers like Tetley & PG Tips use? They buy the stuff on the futures market: do you honestly believe they then take those thousands of tons of tea, and then...what? Do something "in a factory" so that they can then collect it all back up again from the floor to put in teabags? Where does all this tea that doesn't end up on the floor go?

If you genuinely believe the old wives tale that "Tea in teabags is just floor sweepings" then you're beyond hope.

None of this matters.
All kinds of tea are fine if you are not a pretentious gobshite.

The ONLY thing that matters is that the tea is hot.

All the tea that doesn't end up on the floor is various grades of full and partial leaf.

A sub-par producer like Tetley might deliberately break leaf down into dust, but their product is terrible anyway so they're not even worth considering.

Had PG Tips tea for the first time in ages the other day, it's fucking awful even compared to similar competitors
>tfw buying sainsbury's own brand breakfast tea and it's absolutely fine
I'm probably a pleb but I don't care

What's a favourable non-bleached bag brand? (in UK preferably)
I know it's a health meme but it's much nicer to put brown bags in the mug in the mornings

>I'm completely wrong but it's not worth considering how wrong I am.

Okay.

>tea thread
>brands
What the fuck happened?

Britbongs

>country supposedly rich in "tea culture"
>they all just drink fucking teabags

Does it upset you that tens of millions of people drink tea without engaging in your phony tea rituals and mythology?

What fucking rituals?
You spoon some tea into a pot, pour hot water over it then pour the resulting liquid into a cup.
What do you find so esotheric about this process?

>Spends his days sperging on a Malysian Goat Rearing forum about tea
>Gets upset at people who drink tea without sperging over a $10/ounce leaf tea imported from BangBangDuck
>"What rituals?"

Do you people go into coffee threads and start asking what's wrong with 3-in-1 packets?

>$10/ounce leaf tea
See, this is where you're objectively wrong.
Teabags cost more than loose leaf tea, because you're overpaying for the package.
Do stores where you live not have tea sold in bulk? Hell, even supermarkets should have some loose leaf stocked.

Lipton lemon ginger tea. soothes the soul and if you steep it for long time it becomes spicy

>He doesn't warm the pot first
opinion discarded

What do you guys like to blend in your teas? I'm personally a fan of thyme, oregano and mint.

I bought some genmaicha while I was over at Japan, and man, this sure is distinct.
It's like an odd mix of sencha and chicory/barley coffee substitutes.

I've been drinking Adagio's stuff and it's pretty good.

On a related note: is yerba mate good?

pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
get updated gents

I actually researched that
pastebin.com/HHesBE36
>you want to not drink the lowest quality stuff possible? gee that's fedora tier autism

>2017
>Not drinking Yorkshire Tea

ishygddt

Earl Grey works with milk if it's strong enough
Rooibos is the shit

early grey is disgusting

TEA WITH MILK AND SUGAR IS NOT TEA, IT IS A TEA-FLAVORED BEVERAGE.

STOP DOING THIS SHIT, OR MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD.

>60-something replies
>no mention of mlesna
Mlesna. Best big name tea ever.
>inb4 amerifats claim it's not a major brand
About 1,5 billion people know Mlesna, 20% of the planet's population. I assure you, it's a major brand.
As for which flavour... can't rightly say as I'm not all that much into flavoured teas, really. I'm good with plain ol' tea, though I do add pic related from time to time (cardamom-infused evaporated milk).

Tell that to everyone living between Iran and Bangladesh. You know? The place tea is native to? Yeah. Because they all sweeten it to shit and back and add lots of moo juice.

God bless user

the smaller tea leaves are, the better they infuse

faster*

Started buying my tea by the lb from a nearby chinese mall where the guy imports it all himself. Got these for like $5 a lb, and it's pretty good shit too. Oolong and Shoumei because I wanted to try white tea.

Pic was to show a friend, ignore the mug it's just to show scale.

At Teavana they have this flavor called samurai tea the was very good (Chai with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg). I wish it was cheaper, because I spent fifty on a can...

what kind of cookies are those?

I think it used to be regarded in Japan as peasant tea - it was expensive to drink Sencha, so peasants filled out the tea by adding in baked rice.

It's really good though. I live in an area with hard water, which ruins the taste of Sencha, so I mainly drink Genmaicha instead.

Funniest post I've seen on this whole board

>toe jam and earl mug
>ignore it

make me

Check out places like MountainTea and the like.

Teavana is overpriced crap for americans that don't know a lot about tea. Scope out asia-based tea vendors that shit and buy in bulk to get around shipping costs.

Source: I used to pay $32 for 4 ounces of cream oolong, now I pay $13 for 5 ounces through MountainTea and it's better quality.

PG Tips for a cuppa

Was cleaning out the pantry and found a bag of kukicha that expired a decade ago. Will I die if I try it?

I wonder what kind of flavor it would have, but it's probably fine if it was sealed. Worst case you could roast it.

recent cops

What's everyone's favorite iced tea brand

How's the kenyan oolong, I got it sittin on my wishlist

arizona give you them big ass cans

Davidson's Irish breakfast with some pic related

Arizona best flavour overall

Celestial tension tamer

Best noncaffeinated teas?
I'm looking for something to drink in the evening and I dislike chamomile.

Pure leaf or gold peaks. Joe's looks pretty good. Anything but Arizona.

Consider Korean fruit and honey based beverages or hot chocolate

When using bagged tea, I drink Dilmah.

I'm super into lapsang souchong in the colder months, it's cosy as fuck.
I like most tea I've tried, although I'm not super into green.

Those are fine user. And I drink hot cocoa. But I want tea.

Tea has caffeine.

Red rooibos is great

Different levels. Also not all of it.
Thank ya.

gold peak or peace tea imo

Dunno, Morrisons shelf is empty very often, so there should be quite a lot who likes this sort of tea as well, init?

that's what broken orange pekoe is for, nerd

Bongistani here, I stick to leaf tea. The problem is that since tea is so universal here it's taken for granted by most who see it as hydration rather than a delicious and nuanced drink. Hence why you get flea bitten plebs like

posting mad shit