Dear Veeky Forums

dear Veeky Forums

antivaxxer family member of mine won't give up on the "MMR vaccine = autism" because of some information supposedly omitted from a CDC study last decade.

Help me break this down (sources welcomed), how I should explain why this is wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160054/MMR-A-mothers-victory-The-vast-majority-doctors-say-link-triple-jab-autism-Italian-court-case-reignite-controversial-debate.html
ageofautism.com/dr-andrew-wakefield/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1353829208000142
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shitty bait, but...

vaccines do cause autism, and probably other issues as well. at the very least, the side effects have been greatly downplayed in the interest of "common good" or some other nonsense like that

Well, the CDC a decade ago was literally /pol/ conspiracy theorists so it's just wrong, tell them

and by "common good' i mean them not getting sued very far out the ass

>Well, the CDC a decade ago was literally /pol/ conspiracy theorists so it's just wrong
hello CDC shill.

OP here

basically what should I throw at redpilled family member to get him to shut the fuck up

show him science dumbass

Almost every vaccine in the FDA database has autism as a side effect, go ahead and check for yourself if you do not believe me

>this is what Veeky Forums has come to

>Who are you quoting?

Sounds like you don't understand how to read that database

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160054/MMR-A-mothers-victory-The-vast-majority-doctors-say-link-triple-jab-autism-Italian-court-case-reignite-controversial-debate.html

The idea that vaccines are absolutely 100% safe is an objective lie that only people who believe everything that they're told without doing their own research believe. Those who make this claim are either pushing an agenda or have bought into the propaganda of those pushing an agenda.

Whether the pros outweight the cons may be up for debate, but it's dishonest to pretend that there's absolutely no risks involved.

Let them argue with their own false logic.
Ask them: why do they cause autism?
If they can't give you a straight answer, tell them this: the only principle vaccinations use, is making use of the parts of viruses and bacteria that are present on their surface (like their skin), and giving them to our immune system for free so it can defend itself against that. There's nothing more to it, it's that straightforward.

If they still insist on trying to find something bigger behind something so simple, it's time to move on. Just let it rest.

>There's nothing more to it
You're an idiot who has no idea how bodies work. For a start, do you think injecting things into your bloodstream is the same as your body meeting them on your skin? Now figure the rest out yourself, or go and read something.

ageofautism.com/dr-andrew-wakefield/

This thread is cancer.

This thread is autism.

Do you think that immunity is acquired by your body encountering pathogens on your skin?
>Can't see the irony in his own statement

>Whether the pros outweigh the cons may be up for debate
It isn't.

You're a retard. And a poor troll

Vaccine preservatives include mercury proven to cause autism. So yes they do cause autism. Instead of having factories produce on-demand they use preservatives to keep them for years no produce more income.

You're free to take as many as you wish. I'll gladly let you mine as well.

I'm not even trolling. Way to disregard a question by not answering it lol.
The stuff that's injected into your bloodstream gets basically identified by the immune system and antibodies are made as well as information about that recognition site (epitope) is stored. This is why immunization works. It's not hard man... jesus..

snort some mercury and show them it does no damage

Mercury is not "preservative". It's "immunity adjuvant".
Without it, the soup fail to produce reaction.
It's logic is kind of putting pepper on the chocolate, to make your dog dislike it.
It do not work, but nobody care as long as it makes money.

Have fun watching your kid die from an easily preventable disease.

I really know Veeky Forums has never been known for high quality discussion, but I thought Veeky Forums might be just a little bit better than the rest of Veeky Forums. I am wrong.

>information age!
>EVERYONE HAS ALL THE INFORMATION AT THEIR FINGERTIPS!!!
>everyone is a flatearther or antivaxxer or trump voter
what went wrong?

Politics pollutes science. Identity politics pollutes politics itself. Times change, but politics stays the same. There's so much misinformation on the Internet that it's easy to confuse it with actual, legitimate scientific work.

>politics did it
that's too easy
if people are able to misuse your shit, it's your fault

>flatearther or antivaxxer

please do not conflate these two things

>all actual scientific work is behind paywalls, inaccessible to laymen, even if they could understand it, which most can't, the few who could can't even gain access
hmmmm

My "kid" is 22, doing great.
Your one being autistic would actually be an improvement. Be my guest, go for it.

Why not? They are equally stupid. If you believe otherwise, you are as stupid as a flatearther.

See
You can find pretty much any scientific paper on the Internet simply by searching the title on google or another search engine, enough searching and you will find a .pdf

Yes, paywall sites exist, but scientists are becoming more and more open with their work, there are websites like researchgate devoted to opening the science to more people.

Honestly, every time I see a nature link, or a science link, or any other paywall site, I just take the title of the paper and google it and often find a .pdf uploaded to a university website or something like that very easily.

Now, more obscure and less relevant papers are indeed harder to find, but the ones that are most significant in any scientific field are not.

they aren't, but whatever.

You are missinformed, and mixing two unrelated variables shows you are mentally challenged, a brainlet or a shill
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1353829208000142

I look at antivaxxers and climate change denialists the same way I look at flatearthers, creationists, and alchemists.

>here is one random study from 2008
>CDC shills BTFO

one cannot "develop" autism. you're born with it, therefore nothing post birth can "give" you autism

Only one study has ever come out that links autism rates to vaccines in the Lancet.
It was redactted soon after after the Lancet learned that the researcher was paid off to fake results to show a vaccine/autism connection.

There could be problems with vaccines, but autism isn't one of them.
Look up the complications with respect to measles, mumps, and rubella. They're bad, but not nearly as bad as some other diseases that we've eliminated via vaccine

It's funny how as much as the far left and the far right hate each other, they both share very similar ways of looking at a science, and an inherent distrust for scientific authority.

1. Elemental mercury isn't thimerosal and chemical componds containing elements behave differently that theor constituents
2. That article is about the much higher dosage from the environment in things like fish
3. Very few vaccines still have thimerosal; the mmr one is not one of them

It has little to do with actual political opinions, and everything to do with intelligence and education level.

Haha you yell at us for cramming religion down Ur face then you try to cram deception lies and Satan down ours. Well the final hour is at hand satanists and gods holy people the meek will inherit the earth.

I bet you're hired by the same Jew who hires the person who starts all the cuck threads on gif.

just ask them what "causes" autism in the first place, apart from vaccines. if they are "knowledgeable" they will start listing various "risk factors" for autism like age of the mother, etc., but insist you want to know what it is that actually brings autism about.

they won't have an answer, because not one human on the planet has any fucking idea what actually brings about autism, or even what autism really is, since we don't have much understanding of how the human brain really works.

from there it's easy to make the point that unless they can point out what vaccines have in common with the other causes of autism, their beliefs are nothing more than superstition

>scientific authority
>antivax
choose one and only one

>Reading comprehension
>you

I said that anti-vaxxers and far right conspiracy nuts have the same distrust for scientific authority, aka anti-vaxxers do not trust scientists who claim that vaccines are safe and there is no link between them and autism.

anti-vaxxers aren't the far left, user

I don't think anti-vaxxers are exclusively far right, I know some retarded far-left Jill Stein types who are anti-vaxx

oh nevermind I'm retarded and can't read but my point still stands; I think anti-vaxxers exist at all extremes of the political spectrum.

Utter rubbish. Consider hanging yourself.

Mercury isn't one of the preservatives.

The form of mercury also matters, idiot. The problem with mercury is when it can't be processed out of the body. The form used in vaccines is practically harmless.

No, vaccines do not cause autism. No valid scientific study has shown a relationship between the two. Its reported as a side effect because dumbass parents get their kids a vaccine and notice autism symptoms a while later.

It would be indicative of something if it weren't for the fact that vaccines happen to be administered somewhat shortly before developmental problems are typically noticed.

However, and this has been brought up in court on multiple occasions during vaccine trials, videos of the children pre-vaccination typically show multiple behavioral markers indicative of autism.

So no, they don't have autism. Parents just don't notice their kids have autism until after vaccination, due to the time necessary for the symptoms to develop to the point a layperson notices.

I'm not saying they're 100% perfect. But the rate of serious complications is about literally one in a million.

>ONE paper which claims a link between vaccines and autism
>Author was shown to have falsified data to draw their desired conclusion

That's all you need to know

you're right, your post is a shitty bait

And SciHub.

>vaccines
Lmao. Just bring kid to a measles party.

Anyone who claims the MMR is safe and there is no chance of it causing autism hasn't read around enough.

Anyone who claims the MMR is unsafe and there is any chance of it causing autism hasn't read around enough.

read where, exactly?

infowars? obamaisareptilian.com? flatearthtruth.org?

>replies 61
>posters 28
Can we just delete this thread already? Reading through it, there are plenty of unique pro vaccine posters, which makes one to two samefag antivax autists who are probably bitter that other people will never end up as hopelessly far down the spectrum as they have been since birth.