Why are StackExchanges so autistic?

If someone ask remotely a similar question as someone 10 years ago people will get ~extremely~ upset and comment how thread should be closed and feel good about themselves.

If someone ask what books to read on a subject mods will say this is off topic chit-chat and have thread closed.

If someone ask a really basic math question someone will "show off" and answer the questions correctly using 4-5 higher levels of sophistication than required (one the person who posed the question certainly wouldn't understand) and this commenter will get tons of "comment kudos".

If someone has questions about a response and the "comments" get more than 1-2 replies a mod will say move the discussion to "chat" (which no one uses) and comments are for short pieces.

Most SE seem to be on the insufferable side. Why is this?

dont worry, insufferable boomers who run the site will die off and the golden age of online communities will thrive

That's because stackexchange is for people who are serious about learning something and are independently capable. If you haven't exhausted obvious sources, it's not their problem.

With the internet it doesn't matter if a question was posted the day after SE was created. It's still available there. So why in the world would you want to ask the same damn question again?
The truth is, you are just too fucking lazy to find the answer yourself.

Book suggestions are just as stupid. As if there weren't a million already everywhere. As if you were going to actually read the books.

It's not their fault that you're too much of a brainlet to understand math.

It's how their site works.

You are insufferable

>If someone ask remotely a similar question as someone 10 years ago people will get ~extremely~ upset and comment how thread should be closed and feel good about themselves.

Nothing wrong with this as long as they link to the thread and the OP confirms it was helpful. Askng to immediately close the thread is kidna pathetic

>If someone ask what books to read on a subject mods will say this is off topic chit-chat and have thread closed.

Oh, I fucking hate this. At least they have decency to leave threads up so I can at least see the few responses they got before the autism mods got in.

>If someone ask a really basic math question someone will "show off" and answer the questions correctly using 4-5 higher levels of sophistication than required (one the person who posed the question certainly wouldn't understand) and this commenter will get tons of "comment kudos".

I do this here so...

>Oh, I fucking hate this. At least they have decency to leave threads up so I can at least see the few responses they got before the autism mods got in.
It's not the motherfucking point of their website to ask open ended questions.

>bawww why is the mod closing my retarded questions it's not fair

>It's not the motherfucking point of their website to ask open ended questions.

A lot of times I have googled things like
"Applications of X" or "Best introductory book for X" and after 1 or 2 responses there is the usual

>ME AUTISM NOT PERMIT DIS. RED ROOLS PLS XD. B4N B4N B4N

response.

Holy fuck. I actually want to know about what the best books are and what the applications are. It is just slightly open ended for fucks sake. If you would let ONE thread in this topic finish then that would be all. Every time in the future someone wanted to know about the best books they would find that thread. Just let the fucking thread finish holy shit.

daww little baby got laughed out of a real message board? had to crawl back to sci in tears where you can shitpost anonymously?

It's not the point of the site. Do you also go to a hardware store and complain they don't have alcohol? You are acting like a whiny baby if you complain that mods won't let people ask questions that don't fit the model of the website.

If anything, learn to be self reliant and find the best books by yourself.

>Do you also go to a hardware store and complain they don't have alcohol?

I would complain if I went to a hardware store, asked what are the best brands/products and then got an unsolicited autistic rant from the manager about how "this is a place to buy hardware, not to ask open ended questions about hardware".

>If anything, learn to be self reliant and find the best books by yourself.

I'd rather not read every book to then find the best book to then read that book again. Kinda... defeats the point. You know?

This isn't about me. I don't use SE. I was making an observation.

But it is, hardware store employees are told to give customers the advice they are seeking. It's one of the reasons that stuff like pharmacies can't be automated, because people ask for advice as to how to take the medications. Especially old people do.

If I make a website and say that a rule is that people won't ask any kind of open ended questions, you bet your ass I will close your open ended questions.

>I'd rather not read every book to then find the best book to then read that book again. Kinda... defeats the point. You know?
There are obviously better ways. Look at what the best people in the subject recommend, read Amazon reviews, google the books.

>Projecting

I don't use SE. I was making observations and ones that don't apply to me.

No. I don't use SE. I was making an observation and none of those observations apply to me whatsoever.

It has flaws, certainly the users can be pedantic but overall it's one of the best places, it's good because it has tight rules and standards. Though the closing threads because of it being vaguely similar to another question, especially when the mods just skim over what is being asked and it's no where near the same, is a reoccurring issue.

>If someone ask remotely a similar question as someone 10 years ago people will get ~extremely~ upset
That's a good thing. the more the same question is asked the harder it gets to google for its answer.

yeah man totally like Veeky Forums is way better with all its quality threads and free speech man

pass the bong duuude

Would you rather have

A) A quality math/science website with knowledgeable users who try their best to provide good, quality answers and not just mindlessly duplicate content
B) An gigantic shitheap which autistic /pol/ NEETs use as their daily dumping ground for retarded e-activism because the mods don't know what content belongs on Veeky Forums and what doesn't belong on Veeky Forums

I pick B) because I hate myself, obviously

I've noticed this as well.

StackExchanges is reddit by righteous autists

His answer stands correct though

>If retard ask remotely a similar question
>as someone 10 years ago having done
>zero research people will get ~extremely~ upset
... bcoz faggots not suffered gladly.

Those who changed from Economics to Mathematics could you tell me about your experiences and jobs you're now working. Is it worth to switch?

I think to work in as part of a think tank or analyst

You know whats the worse? the programming stack exchanges, if anyone asks anything remotely difficult to do you get 50 people saying how its impossible and telling the guy to read the language specifications or some shit, and then finally one guy will post actual code that does what the guy wanted. Why the hell post about how its impossible when its clearly not? This happens on every single thing i search on there.

Last time was how to create a generic type when you have a type variable in c#, people lost their shit about how you cant do that, yet the answer turned out to just define it as a dynamic variable, then use reflection to create the generic type from the type variable.

But somehow the people still get 50 upvotes for their incorrect rants about how its impossible.

and yes, I checked the dates, the posts were from after those things were added to c#/.net

>If someone ask remotely a similar question as someone 10 years ago people will get ~extremely~ upset and comment how thread should be closed and feel good about themselves.
You have a search function, you don't need to manually investigate years of questions.

>If someone ask what books to read on a subject mods will say this is off topic chit-chat and have thread closed.
And they're completely right.

>If someone ask a really basic math question someone will "show off" and answer the questions correctly using 4-5 higher levels of sophistication than required (one the person who posed the question certainly wouldn't understand) and this commenter will get tons of "comment kudos".
It's incredibly rare that this is the only answer to a very basic question.

>If someone has questions about a response and the "comments" get more than 1-2 replies a mod will say move the discussion to "chat" (which no one uses) and comments are for short pieces.
Right again. I don't want to read your memes and retarded small talk in the comments.

>Most SE seem to be on the insufferable side. Why is this?
It is not, it's quite a good platform

>find old question
>top rated answer still leaves me confused
>make a comment
>"You need 50 karma to post a comment on an old question"
>make new question, explicitly state that it's not a duplicate because it's a followup question
>question closed, duplicate

>find old question
>answers are all outdated
>add new answer that points out new developments and gives updated answer
>'Why did you answer an old question'
>'please dont post answered to old questions that are already answered
>'This is already answered, why did you add a new answer?'
AT LEAST READ WHAT I TYPED YOU FUCKING RETARDS