Medicine is the ultimate field

Why does a physicist, a computer scientist or a biologist need to study only a few years to complete their training but any field in medicine needs a lot of years?

Is it because medicine is the most advanced science in humanity right now?

because medicine students are retards that need 10 years to memorize all the stuff to be part of a ponzi scheme.

Probably because liability involved.

>because medicine students are retards

Why are students in other fields very jealous of medical students?

We aren't. We get more money while having to study for less time and developing better logic skills instead of memorization.

Because there is more competition. Believe, if we had a shortage of doctors then hospitals would start hiring pre-med students right out of undergrad to fill in various positions.

But medicine is crowded as fuck and if you have less than 8 years in the game then you are not getting a single job anywhere.

medicine sounds clever to brainlets because its competitive so entry grades are high

Which fucking physicist or biologist completes there training in a few years? Getting a bachelor's degree in biology or physics doesn't mean shit. You don't actually being a real scientist until you have a PhD.

It isn't because of competition, there is more mech. Engineers than there is doctors

You don't get more money.

Yes we do. Most doctors won't start a business or invest their money (they aren't even used to deal with numbers to do that).

>Why does a physicist, a computer scientist or a biologist need to study only a few years to complete their training but any field in medicine needs a lot of years?
"Medicine", in the sense you're talking about, is a trade. It's run by tradesmen who undertook a dedicated campaign to aggrandize and enrich themselves. The absurdly drawn-out and costly training process is one of the ways they have conspired to create a permanent shortage of legally qualified practitioners of their trade, and a false perception of extraordinary competence and effectiveness which they've used to forbid competition.

Progress in the field of medicine is not driven mainly by these tradesmen, but by scientists who are not medical doctors.

>medicine is advanced
Call me back when you can cure a simple cold you useless piece of shit.

Being a med student I never felt the need to defend my field because I know deep down everyone knows the truth

I am not a med student, but obviously these statements are true.

STEM majors are try hards that feel the need to explain why they are better than medical doctors.

The truth is that the only reason any of these fields are respectable to begin with is $$$ and prestige. Doctors have more of those things than the average STEM graduate.

You are wrong OP. PhDs also need 8 years.

Undergrad is mass produced knowledge that drivels out of a text book that you buy online.

Graduate/Med work requires very expensive, limited resources. The class sizes are much smaller and the knowledge that you learn is much more practical.

Mmm, this logic applies for every (decent) degree. Here at eng. we're everybody pretty sure our degree is the best/most difficult/well payed etc. I suppose it's just a sort of "patriotism"

>Is it because medicine is the most advanced science in humanity right now?

Medicine depends on all of the above + chemistry, you fuckwit.

Following your fuckwit logic, only math can advance

Math on its own is irrelevant, all of the above disciplinaries use applied mathematics which is limiited towards the appliances needed for those disciplinaries. Both math and hard sciences need eachother to advance.

If there was an equally advanced ayylien civilisation that came to us to share technology, what would humans be gud at?

Medicine, right?

a cold isn't a disease, it's just how our body behaves when naturally fighting infection

average 50,000 doctor salary until residency is over and subtract ~200,000 debt that doesn't stop growing

>yfw doctors will get replaced by robots in 2020

The AMA has already succeeded in limiting the supply of doctors in order to keep themselves in the elite, robots won't stop them

never under-estimate capitalism/the jews

Just in some earth-medicine

medicine is okay but i'm kinda jealous i'm too shit at math to explore advanced physics senpai

>spend undergrad working as a bio/chem tutor
>get a job helping lazy pre med students who refuse to critically think
>pursue PhD in antimicrobial resistance/bacteriology
>get a job covering the asses of lazy doctors who throw antibiotics at every sniffle
Feels good man

Typical BSc+PhD takes 8 years

>wrongtrump.gif

It takes 8 years to even start to scratch the surface of Physics. Medfags could easily be replaced by computers like Watson.

this.

but you know, this is Veeky Forums so lets just have a thread calling medfags retarded anyway. chem masterrace

>Why does a physicist, a computer scientist or a biologist need to study only a few years to complete their training but any field in medicine needs a lot of years?
You do realism that the standard for having "completed your training" is pretty much arbitrary, right? Trying to pretend that anyone with a bachelors degree understands everything there is to know about their field is downright absurd.

You got a job looking at Vitek cards for susceptibility? Really? A PhD medtech is a fascinating role.

Really sad to know that most of Veeky Forums doesn't believe that medicine doctors are the smartest