What is the best (white) wine, Veeky Forums?

What is the best (white) wine, Veeky Forums?

No one will post a better wine

I don't need alcohol to have a good time, and I pity and feel disgusted by morons that do. Regular grape juice tastes even better. I'll take a nice cold glass of Welch's over any $100 wine like Sameos and Barefoot (blech)

Go hug a tree fag

>California 'wine'

>american """"""""""wine""""""""""
Do you inject that with HFCS too?

For what situation? Are you drinking it as an aperitif or with a meal (and what kind of meal)? Do you like whites that lean toward fruit or minerality? Do you like oak, oxidation or malolactic fermentation? How much acidity, residual sugar and effervescence do you like? Lighter or heavier bodied? Do you like wines that are great representations of established styles or are you up for anything?

These are all relevant questions in determining what would be the best white wine in any given situation.

>Artifically sweetened with must
Meh
>Artifically sweetened with skittles
Kys

The best wine is obviously sparkling dry rosé and if you disagree youre a pretentious asshole.

>Not liking barefoot

kek

Meursault

shout out to Riesling, Chablis, Gavi & Gewürztraminer

French here

Sauternes, Sancerres, Chateau-chalon, Vouvray, Pouilly-fumé, Pouilly-fuissé, Chablis, Riesling, Monbazillac

California makes some ok wines, but they're massively overpriced. Affordable California wines (by which I mean like $25 and under) are pretty much nasty all around
>short list
>not even mentioning chenin blanc
Also your cavalier mixing of appellations and varietals is triggering me hard

If you really believe that you've never drank any real California wines. You must be from some flyover where all you get in stores is Barefoot and Kendall Jackson.

The Paso Robles region is really underrated since Napa gets all the glory. Some of the best red wines I've ever had are from Paso.

depends on what you want the wine for, if it's for food what are you pairing it with? Is this just a picnic wine? are you planning to drink this on its own? do you want a sweet wine?

>all these made up characteristics

Which ones are made up?

>muh REAL california wines
no, we get plenty here (NYC), and they are overpriced. the best values come from france, italy, spain, greece, germany... see the pattern here? not california

I've had some ok wines from central coast, but even then you need to spend at least $20 to get something drinkable

the only thing california really has going for it is the mountain zinfandels from SC mountains and to an extent napa and sonoma

Not that user, but on the east coast yeah I'd agree imports are far better valued for the quality you're getting.
If you live in California though imports are more expensive and it becomes more worth it to buy regionally.

Well then they must jack up the prices over there, you can get really good central coast wines for in the $15-$20 range easy in CA

there may be something to that, but it seems like all they ever drink is bordeaux and southern rhone knockoffs out there. I tried getting sherry at an upscale wine shop and they practically laughed in my face and implied it was "cooking wine", I recommended a wine to my mom (who lives there) and she had to drive 2 hours and it was like nothing she had ever tried before. it must be intolerable to be a wine lover in California, basically a cloistered flyover mentality. I think I'd just stick to the beer.

It honestly sounds like you're just a pretentious douche and I sincerely hope that you're trolling.

not trolling unless by "trolling" you mean like the Veeky Forums mod style which is violation of global rule #3 you had an opinion I didn't like

funny, I'm the one who's pretentious because I got laughed at by some snooty california wine douchebag who had never heard of a wine that wasn't made of merlot, cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay, or ''''pinot noir''''' [I use that term loosely because california seems to like the idea of pinot noir more than the grape itself]

and yet you come off like a caricature of a wine snob. So tell me when are you due for your sommelier certification?

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but using that to then say all CA wines are bad is ridiculous and childish.

and there we go with the california butthurt, someone points out that the world doesn't revolve around you just because muh judgment of paris, and all of a sudden you start lashing out

look buddy it's fine if you think sherry is exclusively for cooking but some of us actually enjoy it, among other things that aren't oak blasted overripe 16% abv fruit punch

stay mad

For me, it is the chateau grillé. The best moëlleux white wine.

The ones that are more than ugh me like ugg me no like

Words are pretentious