Visit Chicago for university trip

>visit Chicago for university trip
>we decide to get hot dogs after a day of shopping because apparently they are world famous
>ask where the ketchup is and the cart vendor makes a big deal about how it ruins the hot dog and that no true Chicago hot dog vendor stocks ketchup
>can hear him make rude comments about me to other customers about muh ketchup
Holy shit, it's a tube of cow lips and anuses with some spices.
There is no sanctity in this meat you pretentious fuckwits.
Fuck Chicago in the ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotgdog.com/
chicagotribune.com/dining/restaurants/ct-burts-place-pizza-reopens-burt-katz-morton-grove-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jfdacEJgqy4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I don't have to respect local customs

amerifats are unbearable even at home?

shut the fuck up you poor fucking faggot, i make myself seem c l a s s y as fuck by hating on ketchup, because i am a superior human being and a creature that has risen above it's biological affection for sugar and it's taste for tangy sweet sauces. i am a MAN, do you hear me? not a suburban rural retard like you trump voters, i am MANLY, and i am SEXY, and i am RICH. I do not eat ketchup. THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. ring the bell of shame? i'll ring your fucking skull with a roundhouse so fast that all the roasties won't even have time to laugh at you before you're fucking dead.

>unnecessary apostrophes

>go try world famous food
>don't want the food made in the traditional local way

kys

>I only eat my cylindrical pig asses the traditional way

not burger
t. syrup nigger

>we want to try world famous hot dogs!
>oh, hot dogs are just pig asses and lips, it doesn't matter however you serve them!

Only low rent hillbillies put ketchup on hot dogs.

Only low rent hillbillies eat hot dogs

Only true autists care about what other people put on their tube of processed throwaways and trimmings

I'm glad you know your place, you fucking leaf. Just respect the places you go to next time, kay?

A fucking leaf, not surprised. I wish this board had flags so I could disregard all leaf posts.

really don't give a shit about your opinion, especially since you can't even elect anyone competent to run your shithole of a country.

How does it feel to be completely irrelevant on the world stage?

Also day of the rake is fast approaching!

I'm from Chicago. I dont know why we dont put ketchup on hot dogs. I dont even like mustard, especially that generic yellow shit.

But yeah, you are gonna get a lot of shit for asking for ketchup.

btw, go to Weiner Circle.
And since Hot Dougs closed, the next best thing is this
hotgdog.com/

Thanks will give it another go.
What joint has the most authentic 'go 'za?

>'go 'za?
I dont know what this means.

Deep dish pizza

>How does it feel to be completely irrelevant on the world stage?
you should know with the clown college your country has been for the last few years

That's funny cause neither can you. Range ban Canada when?

vile, and disgusting pig slop. I cant stand it, but I guess Giordano's

Consider Gene and Judes
Phils Last Stand
Superdawgs
and if you want the worlds best burger, Kuma's Corner

Giordano's is Garbage.
Lou Malnati's is pretty decent
Pequod's is one of my favorite pizzas (of any pizza, not just 'go 'za)

If you're willing to make the hike up to the suburbs, go to Burt's Place. It's reopening tomorrow. The Original Owner, Burt started several pizza places such as Pequods, Gullivers and I think some other place. It was a hole in the wall and it was just him and his wife running the joint. The resteraunt closed ~2 years ago, and Burt passed away last year. A couple of guys that trained under him bought the resteraunt and the recipe and reopening the resteraunt.

chicagotribune.com/dining/restaurants/ct-burts-place-pizza-reopens-burt-katz-morton-grove-story.html

I'm very excited.

Is it gonna have a 2 month waiting period to get served?

God I hope not. After Anthony Bourdain went there we were almost never able to get a table.

I personally really like Gino's East, but you'll get a lot of different answers depending on who you ask.

Don't go to Giordano's no matter who tells you it is good. It is not.

Chicagoan here. You can put ketchup on a chicago dog but its seen as disrespectful. If you are coming to our city to enjoy our cuisine, note that we have these artifacts for a reason. I would rather someone try a proper chicago dog, not like it, and put ketchup on it, than have them immediately reach for ketchup. Jokes aside, if its 2am and we are at the weiner circle, i will act like we arrived separately if you do this (even though the have ketchup dispensers.. they are for the fries)

I forgot about Gino's. It's pretty decent as well. Plus the one in River North has Missile Command, or atleast last time I went.

River North is the only one you can get a table at without a reservation from a week before. It's also the closest one to where I used to live when I lived in 'go. Handy stuff.

I had an Aussie pal visit me and I took him to Gino's for authentic 'go 'za and he wouldn't eat it. Later revealed to me that he only ate chicken tenders with no sauce, french fries, or pancakes with chocolate syrup.

I mean, Pancakes with Chocolate Syrup is almost a 'Go 'Za

I would never put ketchup on a hot dog, but for fuck's sake, people, it's a goddamn hot dog. Don't shame your customers if they'd rather have the wrong condiment.

Also pic related is the one true hot dog condiment. But I don't give a fuck if you'd rather something else.

>expecting business owners in CHICAGO to care what their customers want
In your inconsequential flyover towns, the customer might always be right, but in cities that matter, no one gives a fuck what the customer wants. The sooner you leave the establishment the sooner someone else can eat. There is a never-ending supply of consumer demand in a real city.

make like your country and leaf

>Chicago
>not flyover
Have you ever seen a map of the US?

I agree on the anti-Chicago stance, but OP, you're fucked if you need ketchup on your weiner.

>Chicago
>flyover
>Not one of the biggest Hubs in the US

Hell, O'Hare airport has Rick Bayless's Frontera in the terminals. It's not just good airport food, it's good food period.

Ketchup on hot dogs is disgusting, but as bad as ketchup on dogs is Chicago food culture is worse

Detroit dogs for life

Stop drinking the water and maybe youll be able to form a coherent sentence

>go to world famous reputed Italian restaurant
>ask for the best pizza they have
>politely ask if they can add pineapple to my pizza
>he refuses and say that they don't store pineapple
>proceed to make fun of me as he walks bake in to the kitchen
Holy shit it's a bunch of wheat and floor with a few toppings on it
There is no sanctify in this pizza you pretentious fuckwits
Fuck Italians in the ass.

The only good Chicago hotdogs are at Portillos or Comiskey Park.

If you're getting a hotdog elsewhere in Chicago you're fucking it up.

There is a hotdog place that is really rude to you. Triumph the insult comic Dog went there. I haven't been.

C O N E Y
O
N
E
Y

LE FLYOVER KETCHUP XD

youtube.com/watch?v=jfdacEJgqy4

KETCHUP BTFO BY BASED LIBERAL ARTIST

They must be good if Obama imported 5000 of those "Chicago Hot Dogs" to DC

Coney Island ain't in Michigan what is this bullshiticanmakeitbetterforyou

Coney Island restaurants are from Michigan though, they were a line of Greek owned places in Michigan, the eating establishments weren't actually from Coney Island in New York despite getting the name from there

Honestly enough Italians are shit cooks. They get completely assblasted if someone dares to do something in anyway different that the cunt you are talking to is used to. "But that is always how we have done it!" Says the insipid cunt.

What this makes is that italian food is boring and repetitive, seriously it is always the same shit with same taste in every single restaurant.
The situation is so bad that they have started to ban "ethnic" restaurants because everyone knows that traditional italian food is so damn bland that anyone who gets the chance to eat anything else will take it.

The single thing they do correctly? Pasta. That IS good. Just not the sauces on them. And yes pizza is also shit, it is always done from chepest shit sweeped from the kitchen floor. Pizza hut is high cuisine in comparison.
Everything else is either overcooked to hell or they just don't know what to do with them, do not even dream of proper vegetables, fresh food? What is that? They don't know. Go try their fish or mean mains and despair.

All of this is because they have this erronous belief that "Italian food is great!" while eating shit. While everyone else does their OWN FOOD better than they do.

Fuck italians.

>tf when you're a leaf and whole heartedly agree with deez muricans

You know how I know you are lying? There are no dawg carts in Chicago. But it is true you'll get ridiculed or flat out not served if you ask for ketchup. Jean and Judes for example.
t. 'goan

What're your thoughts on gay marriage?

*Gene. And Weiner Circle is absolute shit that caters to the neighborhood tourists from the burbs. Though it's hilarious to watch the black girls give them shit and the $50 shake is a beautiful real life troll. But seriously, you drunken shitheads stumbling around the neighborhood pissing on the porch are universally despised. And Lou's is the best 'go za, pequods best thin crust, mr beef best beef.
t. Lived in Park West for 10 years.

Get cancer

t. triggered snowflake

>portillos
>one of two places to get hot dogs
>in chicago

you are some special kind of retard, arnt you?

Agreed. I hate Italian food. Bland, uninspiring, and just doesnt taste good.

stop saying go za. no one ever uses that fucking word around here.

Wrong, got dogs from a cart outside the mega mall in des plaines. Go there if you don't believe me.

DP is not Chicago you fucking braind dead suburbanite

it's a suburb of Chicago, muh semantics

If a place shames you for ordering a common condiment, just dont pay and leave or ask for your money back and leave. If they refuse, offer to call the police for not returning the money when you cancelled the order. I don't even like ketchup, but I hate pretentious people more than I hate ketchup.

Great. Doesnt make it Chicago.
Chicagoland, yes. Not Chicago.

I'm so sick of all you fucking Woodstock motherfuckers claiming to be from Chicago. Fuck right off.

>calling police
>in chicago
>over ketchup

son, you are gonna get your ass manhandled by Chicago's Finest.

Why would anyone willingly claim to be from a cold, muderous shithole like Chiraq is beyond me.

>m-m-muh city!
Literally all you do is add to the landfill

No one calls Chicago Chiraq.

While Chicago doesn't really have hotdog stands like NY, it has a fuckton of hotdog/burger/sausage places that are super tasty. Vienna Beef Hot dogs are fantastic.

Although the best tasting hot dog I've ever had was in downtown Philly. I don't know what those street vendors in Philly do, but those are the best tasting hotdogs I've ever had.

Offer them a hot dog.

you are not from chicago. i bet you live in fucking schaumburg

>say anything, positive or negative, about chicago
>all the shitflinging snow niggers come out to defend m-muh '-'-'go

why do you all do this

t.nigger from Chicago
They do because Chicago's murder rate is astronomically high.

>Chicago's murder rate
fucking retard kill yourself. chicago has the highest murder COUNT, not rate
sub-10k population cities with a whooping 20 murders total have the highest rate. chicago, the 3rd highest populated city in the country, has the most murders

Fucking Amerifats thinking that "Italian" restaurants run by mongoloids that forgot how to be Italian 3 generations ago is represrntative of actual Italian food.

Lol.

>forgot how to be Italian
>forgot how to be greasy
I don't think you just "forget"

Chicago is 8th per capita for murders.
Try again.

traitor

t. Justin

>How does it feel to be completely irrelevant on the world stage?
Why does this even matter? My quality of life exceeds yours.

I care about myself, my family, my friends and peers. I don't give a shit how many bombs we drop on shitty Arabs or how many countries we covertly overthrow.

My PM personally killed 3,750 Syrians and paralyzed hundreds more, all by the strength of his own devastating piledrivers. What did your president do, fill his cabinet with his family and friends?

Clearly I'm not a nigger if I dont call my city what niggers call it.

Also, all the nig nogs are on the south side where they belong.

>He eats Ketchup
oh wow

What do negroes call Chicago?

Chimpcago?

Chicagonna-rape-that-bitch?

Sheeeeetcago?

Been here 28 years, never heard a single one of those names.

Its chicago, or chi town. nothing else.

>chi town.
Only read this, never heard it spoken.

Is it "shy-town" or "Chee-town" or "Chi-town" or what?

>tfw stopped eating ketchup at age five because contrarian bullshit
>decided to try it again recently since I'm an adult and haven't actually consumed it in 18 years

It's shit, mustard is superior

Why would Negroes call their own city a racial slur?

Home. At least it was before I fucked everything up.
Shy or Chai. Usually shy. I've heard both.

Chi-town you stupid fuck. Listen to a Kanye song.

Listen to any Kanye album

I figured it was shy or chai.

Kind of cringed when I saw it in books, I don't know why it seemed kind of tryhard.

Making a statement this utterly retarded means that you
a) have never actually eaten real (meaning not italian-american) italian food or
b) can only stomach diced reheated tendies served on a bed of soft cool ranch doritos

>portillos or comiskey
>only good hot dogs in chicago
what was he thinking??

That's the Wiener's Circle on N. Clark

You should have told him to kill himself, I would have done that and leave that shit place

>on the internet
>"I would have told him to kill himself"
no you wouldn't have

Newsflash; some of the most cherished and universally beloved dishes around the world are made by what's traditionally considered poor people food or scraps.

Thing is, people realized that nowadays John Doe can eat whatever the fuck he wants short of ultra-luxuries like top-grade truffles and caviar. Consequently, anyone with half a brain stopped associating almost all foodstuffs with social class and eat things because they fucking taste good. And wouldn't you know it, image problems aside, cheap "trash cuts" and "barbarian tier" offal actually taste really fucking good if you know what the fuck you're doing.

Also, preserving food culture and customs is a good thing. Nobody says you can't do variations on a Chicago hot dog or any other dish, but a Chicago dog is a very specific thing and if you're asking for one you know you're getting the traditions that come with it, namely no ketchup.

By your logic, who cares if you serve carbonara with sriracha in it because it's literally just flour, eggs, and cured pig face.

>Listen to any Kanye album
Nah I'm good.

This is a good post. For all the shitting on hipster/fusion cuisine that goes on in this subreddit people around here sure do get triggered when told they can't make ridiculous substitutions to classic dishes

Well, they call each other nigger and their women bitches and hoes.

>Chi-town you stupid fuck. Listen to a Kanye song.
lol no.

Not my problem you are a fag in real life too

>Visits Chicago
>Doesn't get shot

Here's my newsflash. People of Chicago make their hotdogs in very arbitrary fashion and they actually think it's world famous. Hey, man, whatever keeps your mind off crime.

>Holy shit, it's a tube of cow lips and anuses with some spices.

Ketchup is cow lips?