How much do you guys tip pizza delivery? my delivery driver was good looking and asked about my day...

how much do you guys tip pizza delivery? my delivery driver was good looking and asked about my day, so i tipped her $3 on a $12 order.

Other urls found in this thread:

retailmenot.com/view/papajohns.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I tip $10 because I feel bad for them

I have too many anxiety issues to deal with delivery, so I just get drunk and take a couple klonopins and drive to the place. By the time I'm there things just seem to sort them out for themselves, and it seems like a real miracle when I get back home and have food to boot.

You could drink and take pills AND have your shit delivered and it'd be the same, right?

I don't get shit delivered because

>don't tip for that
>never know if food will arrive only that it will arrive late or never
>might not be what you ordered
>pay regular price

I order Papa johns online and ALWAYS use 40% off promo code. Leave immediately after. By the time I get there it's done or close to done. Get back with fresh correct order and ready to eat.

it always depresses me seeing deliver drivers older than 30

what code

Just google Papa Johns Promo Code.

You'll see the first five to ten links are basically promo code websites and they always have current promo codes to enter when ordering online.

The 40% ones are always available pretty much. Sometimes when I have the patience I hunt down a 50% off one and can find it. Sometimes they're not working.

Here is an example. I just used one like 5 hours ago to order a large pizza. With tax a large pepperoni came out to like $9.50.

retailmenot.com/view/papajohns.com

I don't tip as I live in a first world country

I always tip 20% no matter what. If the service was shit they'll hear about it in the survey. Can't tell you how many free pizzas I've gotten from surveys.

I tip a couple bucks if they're good. If it's a bigass order(talking like 80 bucks) I'll throw 'em ten bucks if they're good. If the food is wrong, if something is missing, if they're crazy late and didn't give me a heads up nada. I work as a delivery guy myself and this shit aint that hard.

I delivered pizza's for about 4 years, as a general rule of thumb, 1 or less was shit, 2-3 was average and 5 was good, but it really depended on how much the order was. If I got 5 bucks on a $100 order, I would definitely not be happy about that.

no it wouldn't
some of you guys are ok, don't drive tonight

Order dominoes about once every 2 weeks on average. Always tip 3 bucks no matter the order and don't have to go pick it up.

Now know most of drivers and my pizza comes quickly, hot, and correct every time.
>in b4 no spit/sneeze/jizz my pizza
>in b4 no tip cuz muh principals
These people work hard. And know where you live. Treat them right, they'll treat u right. If you're too poor to tip then don't expect amazing service on future orders.

I got a question dude, I'll ask you because you do this.

A serious question. Let's say I don't order delivery plain and simple because I don't like to tip. Would a delivery guy rather me not order at all or give him like a 1-2 dollar tip?.

I mean I wonder if as a delivery person you'd still appreciate your job if it weren't for tips. What if everyone decided to not order because they don't like to tip, then delivery guys would have to find other work right? or no.

I was going to say i would give her the tip but then i opened the image and realised thats a tranny, so i should say i would give HIM the tip.

Usually just a couple of bucks.

>$10
The only way I'd tip that much is if I ordered like $50 of food and the weather outside is super shitty.

Nothing, here in first world country those on minimal wage are not forced to beg for tips. Their minimal wage lets them survive.

it pays decent if you're not a retard. i was clearing 900 a week in tips last time i did delivery.

>The only way I'd tip that much is if I ordered like $50 of food and the weather outside is super shitty.
I have plenty of disposable income and it makes me feel somewhat better to throw these people extra cash they're not used to seeing

As a driver i can tell you that $10 tips are more common than you'd think and i always laugh to myself about how much of a dumb fuck the customer is because he thinks he's showing me some great stroke of pity.

Thanks for your hard earned tenner, chump.

I tip everybody 20%.

>tipping someone for simply doing their job

Americans are retarded

why does the size of the order even matter? it's not like it's that much more work to carry 3 expensive pizzas from your car to the door than one cheap one. if it were up to me I would tip based on distance. the closest papa johns to me is a 5 minute walk, but sometimes I get delivery anyway because of laziness. I feel like that's only worth change, but I end up giving $2 anyway because I'm afraid the driver won't understand how much he's being overpaid and spit in my pizza. this is on top of the $3 delivery fee which I don't even understand why I have to pay.

Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded.

Who the fuck is racking up $100 on 3 pizzas? Pizza chains today have deals that make it to where you can get 10 pizzas for less than $100. That's a fair amount of food to haul to your lazy fat ass.

Not that guy, but personally, i'd prefer you to just go pick it up. On a typical night, i deliver to plenty of great tippers that won't make me miss the extra buck or two. Also, depending on how far out you are, i could easily spend more than that in gas just getting to you and back to the store.

Most people do this job as a side gig because it's extra money and there will always be people too lazy/drunk/disabled to go get their own food for me to worry about business drying up.

Good rule of thumb if you really don't feel like picking up your food, just ask how long the delivery time is when you call. If it's over 45 minutes, just go get it yourself. You'll have it faster and will lighten our load.

so making 2 or 3 extra 20 step trips to your car is harder work than driving an extra 10-15 miles?

I tip 10% but the price is like 20$/pizza here...

Tipping isn't really considered a mandatory thing here, usually I just tell them to keep the change if its around 1-2€, but most of the time I dont tip unless people do an excelent job (which really isnt a thing in deliveries, the place I usually order from is a few blocks away from my house so being slow is almost impossible)

On sit down restaurants I tip if I'm with friends, as its easier to get a rough total when splitting that way, and when I dont get charged with stuff I have (a place near my house charges me 90cents for the wine I drink and just put the bottle on the table so I can take how much I want, if I just drink two or three glasses I dont tip, but situations happened where I finished the bottle so I left a couple euros)

>Who the fuck is racking up $100 on 3 pizzas?
You're totally missing the point! You idiot!
nothimbytheway

dominos driver AMA

do you demand tips like a beggar?

no if i dont get tipped i dont really mind. if the person was an asshole and didnt tip that just gives me a reason to not like them i guess even though they dont have to tip. im happy with any tip to be honest

i get $10 tips randomly on my deliveries. i appreciate you man

I tipped the dominos guy 55p yesterday because the rounding it up by donating to charity doesnt work if you pay by cash.

I only tip if they're attractive females. Fugly men need not apply.

I don't tip cause I'm fucking broke.
I also usually drive to pick up my pizza.
I don't tip the cooks when I carry out my pizza either.

Cause I'm fucking broke. If they wanted minimum wage without tips then they should have gotten a different job. The economy is strong enough for that shit in my are.

>tfw your order comes to an abnormal amount
>tfw the delivery guy always comes to door without change counted expecting you to round up and just give the excess as tip
>tfw awkward silence for 2 minutes as they count out change as slow as possible because they think youre a jerk
>tfw just broke like them

if the economy is so strong you wouldnt be broke retard :)

It's pasta, newfriend.

0 because I'm not a tool of the jews

Former Pizza Hut driver here:
$2-3 is standard. Anything more gets you great service. Anything less gets you shitty service. And yes, I will remember you.
These anons have never actually delivered pizzas.
>why does the size of the order even matter?
If you're ordering more than 5 pizzas + sides, then I have to break out another bag, which is going to increase the amount of time it takes to get that shit to you, and most likely decrease the quality. That being said, if you're going to order large amounts of pizza, just go pick it up.
Enjoy your cold pizza. Hot women delivery drivers don't exist.
Enjoy the 20 minutes late cold pizza, friendo.

I noticed that when you pointed it out, but in his defense MAYBE he suffers from a more extreme form of broke and maybe the economy IS good in his area but he because of circumstances CAN'T get a better job or any job at all.

Pizza guys drive around a lot of times young that CAN better themselves.

What if that user is like paralyzed or some shit and living off handouts and would take advantage but can't?.

I'm just saying, maybe he's a hypocrite but maybe not.

Zero as I pay by credit card and don't live in America. I use to tip take away deliveries until I noticed been left short cans of coke and shit. It wasn't the place I ordered from left them out, the delivery driver was stealing them.

>Anything more gets you great service. Anything less gets you shitty service

Out of curiosity how do you give someone "better service"?. Do you like go 55 mph down a street when it's 35 mpg speed limit?.

Also, how do you give someone "bad service"?.

Especially since I'm assuming you can't fuck over one delivery without fucking over deliveries that come after him. Can you choose to deliver some cheapfag's pizza's last in line?. What if it messes up your route?. Or do you like spit in his pizza and shit? or purposely shake it around to make the crust all fucked up?.

>Enjoy your cold pizza. Hot women delivery drivers don't exist.

I believe this, unless they're scouting for some faggot to rob.

Do pizza places in America have that 30min thing where you get the pizza for free or is that TV bullshit?

I also got to add ever since I read that story of the pizza guy getting lured to some spot and having some bomb put on his neck after he robbed a bank, I wouldn't want to consider it. That happened a while back and the world is even more fucked up now.

>Out of curiosity how do you give someone "better service"?
Well, the system is designed to let me take what orders I want, in order to group places that are close to each other. I can tell the cooks to make yours earlier (and put more toppings, extra cheese, etc.) Throw in extra sauces (cheese sauce is a $1.19 for some tiny 3 oz cup) and potentially shit you didn't order (how'd that 20 oz of Pepsi get there?) and I'll make sure your food shows up hot, fresh, correct, and early.

On the other hand, no-tip niggers get pushed to the back of the line. I'll throw yours in with two others that are both on the other side of the delivery area and I'll get to them first. I'll forget napkins, those parmesan cheese and red pepper packets that every nig wants a gorillion of. I'll tell the kitchen to jew you out of ingredients. It'll get there (and your order will be correct). It'll just be 10-15 minutes late and kind of cold.

>Do pizza places in America have that 30min thing where you get the pizza for free or is that TV bullshit?
They used to have that (especially for Dominoes), but got rid of it when some driver tried out running a train. That shit fell on the drivers, and I think someone sued.

in the 80s a few places did that but now since most pizza places are so busy its hard to guarantee it so they stopped as far as i know

Because more money spent on the order generally means more food, and if you start racking up 100$ orders, guess what bud. That means that order is going to take a while to get prepared and it's going out as a single to ensure it arrives still fresh and hot(assuming there's not a CRAZY rush and under-staffing going on).

>but got rid of it when some driver tried out running a train

nigger what? story? article? link?. Sounds intresting. Did they die?.

I remember that shit from the original Ninja Turtles.

What about cute fembois :3c

Why...do you order pizza if you're broke? It costs extra, and you can usually make better pizza at home for the cost. There's a huge price hike from almost every joint except for MAYBE some local ones.
They might be, user. There's a dominos in Hawaii that delivers to the Marine-core base and good FUCK do they make bank. 900 in a week if you work say...fri-sat-sun and whatever the two other busiest days are is not at all out of the range of possibilities.

>There's a dominos in Hawaii that delivers to the Marine-core base
>tfw I know this wouldn't trigger me if my father wasn't a retired 21-year Gunny
It's "Marine Corps".

>Anything less gets you shitty service. And yes, I will remember you.

Oh no the delivery boy will remember me.

Anything less than acceptable service gets you a call to your boss with a complaint.

What will happen if i dont tip in america?

So basically you'll steal from your employer for people who give tips?

>Anything less than acceptable service gets you a call to your boss with a complaint.

You're crazy dude. I wouldn't be eager to fuck with a person who knows my home address. You don't know what's going on in their brain.

I'd just accept a failed order and never get delivered from there again.

>being this autistic about Army trivia
Why do Army kids always expect civilians to know all this stuff?

Yeah I'm real worried about someone who's failed at life so hard they deliver pizzas and have to be passive aggressive to people because they didn't give them a few extra dollars they're not entitled too.

Those are the people you need to be worried about the most. That's my opinion.

You keep fucking around with whoever you want though, I'm just trying to help you out.

>Anything less than acceptable service gets you a call to your boss with a complaint.
Oh no you'll call my manager!

All he'll do is roll his eyes, give you your $10 credit, and go back to jerking off in the office.

>So basically you'll steal from your employer for people who give tips?
Yeah, but not large scale. We'd walk out all the time with free food for ourselves, but as long as you don't do whole cases of shit, you'd be fine.

This is bait, but I don't care. Fuck, I just assumed you weren't a burger since you didn't know how to spell one of the 4 main branches of the military.

>Yeah I'm real worried about someone who's failed at life so hard they deliver pizzas and have to be passive aggressive to people because they didn't give them a few extra dollars they're not entitled too.
In the grand scheme of things, for every no-tip nigger such as yourself, there's a nice old lady who throws me $10 for being prompt. Plus you're obviously retarded for implying that anyone who works minimum wage jobs is only doing it to survive.

I agree with this guy
If you've never had a menial job, or met anyone with a menial job, you're either way too young to be posting on Veeky Forums, or you're just fortunate enough to be completely out of touch with reality. Unless your parents are extremely rich chances are you worked some shitty job like that at some point in high school or university. So, no, a pizza delivery guy is not someone who 'failed at life', unless it is a career, which for most people it is not

Actually I just read a bit up in the thread and you're advocating for trying to get someone fired for not smiling broadly enough, so yeah you're out of touch.

If you're doing a minimum wage job but don't need it to survive, you don't need the tips either.

>you're advocating for trying to get someone fired for not smiling broadly enough

No. I said anything other than acceptable service and I'll call the store & complain. That is, not delivering cold food, or pizza that's been turned upside down or shook in the box, or showing up late.

I don't give a fuck if you smile or not. Shit I couldn't care if your dick is hanging out. Just do your God damn job.

>No. I said anything other than acceptable service and I'll call the store & complain. That is, not delivering cold food, or pizza that's been turned upside down or shook in the box, or showing up late.

Ok, well maybe if you phrased it in a way that didn't sound like a petty obnoxious bitch, people wouldn't misunderstand you like what you see in this thread

You could just say "if there is a problem with my order I'll call the store", but you're doing this bizarre vendetta picking on minimum wage workers thing, which implies you'll try to get someone fired over something completely trivial

>If you're doing a minimum wage job but don't need it to survive, you don't need the tips either.
So you're saying you like cold, late food because like I mentioned, my boss won't give any fucks if you call and complain.
PROTIP: If you're ordering pizza for delivery, you obviously have the extra $2 to give a driver.

>I can't understand perfectly normal English and that's your fault.

I can see why you're working as a pizza delivery boy. Everything is someone elses fault, isn't it?

>vendetta picking on minimum wage workers

No I'm picking on entitled pricks who'll deliberately *not do the job they are paid for* (or even steal: ) depending on if they can extort a few extra dollars from someone else.

>No I'm picking on entitled pricks who'll deliberately *not do the job they are paid for* (or even steal: (You)) depending on if they can extort a few extra dollars from someone else.
You forgot the part where there's nothing constructive you can actually do about it. :^)

>If you're ordering pizza you obviously have more money than me and I am entitled to extort it from you.

If you're a shitty small pizza joint then sure, I can't do anything more than complain, and if the owner doesn't give a shit then fine: he doesn't give a shit. So I'll stop ordering shitty pizza from your place, and maybe tell everyone how terrible your place is.

If you're a chain (E.g. Dominoes) then I'm not beyond complaining to head office and dropping your stoner boss in it, too.

Why don't American restaurants add a delivery charge or minimum amount for delivery, like everywhere else in the world?

>there's nothing constructive you can actually do about it

Unless you are literally Bumfuck, NO. then you're not the only place in town.

Oh I see, you're getting bad service for not paying for services rendered, and it's the only pizza place that will still deliver to you because you started petty "wars" with all the other ones in your neighborhood, and now it's some kind of minimum wage conspiracy against you, personally, the guy who stands up for just "workers doing the job they're paid for" all the while not actually paying people their due

>I can see why you're working as a pizza delivery boy
Predictable, but no, I'm a corporate drone, but when I was in school I had a few part time jobs like this and I know your type. You're eating a lot of spit, how does that feel?

>If you're a chain (E.g. Dominoes) then I'm not beyond complaining to head office and dropping your stoner boss in it, too.
Oh no. I spend a week reapplying at the Pizza Hut across the street and lose almost nothing. Meanwhile, the Domino's hires another driver just like me, and you keep getting fucked on deliveries, all because you're being a Jew for $2. You don't win, all you get is to continue being mad.

i dont ordner pizza because im not an underaged retard and can actually cook for myself

>not paying for services rendered

I got a free pizza?

>war
>win

At what point did people decide that doing the job they are paid for is warfare? You poor entitled children. It' always someone elses fault, isn't it?

>being this mad
>over $2
I'd love to stay awake and feel your white hot rage through my computer monitor but I've got a shift tonight. But I'll know you're that no-tip nigger who doesn't say a word because I've already got your address memorized. Maybe if you save enough of those $2 you'll get some of those tendies we've got too!

Yeah you got a free pizza once, because the manager doesn't want to deal with your bullshit, and from then on everyone working at the store knows your name, and whenever they are talking about work and need an example of "nightmare customer" they just say as shorthand

Your personality type is well known to people who have to take customer service calls, you think you're fighting some righteous battle but in reality you get instantly pigeonholed as "that annoying cunt with too much time on her hands".

At my current work customers like you get billed by the minute for every interaction (this is actually the official policy but in practice everyone else only gets billed for stuff that takes more than a quarter of an hour). We do this because someone figured out that all the wasted time on petty shitheads like you was taking up like half of the workload and generating only like 1/100th of the revenue.

>I've got a shift tonight

Okay. I'm not a pizza delivery boy so I'll be sitting on my sofa drinking & watching beer while you deliver pizzas. I hope you have fun.

>I hope you have fun.
I will. Delivering pizzas to smarter people than yourself, so I can walk out with $125 for the day plus a paycheck, all for 6 hours a few days a week. I've got my eye on that Bahamas cruise.

>drinking

>watching beer

kek. wut.

No, you implied that I didn't pay for "services rendered" by not tipping. You genuinely believe that the tip someone "pays" for having the pizza delivered.

I'm not your employer. I pay them. They pay you. You do the job, which is delivering pizza.

Also you seem to be getting very riled up at the concept of doing the job you are paid to do.

>expecting someone to do the job they are paid to do is petty

Okay.

>he still thinks he's arguing with the pizza company
I've never worked for a pizza company, the only foodservice jobs I've had were dish washer in a cafeteria and cashier at a coffee shop, and both of those were over 20 years ago.

But I love how you're so far up your own ass you can't see that you're fucking yourself over picking fights with every business you interact with. And eating a lot of spit, too.

Wow a whole $125 & your paycheck? What a life of luxury you live.

Let me guess, you're the store manager of some target that gets a salary and spends about 2/3 of the night holding meaningless conversations and using your cell phone. If this is you kill yourself.

If you aren't working throughout your ENTIRE shift, you should have your wage docked.

If you do work EVERY SECOND of your shift then well, good for you, you're not a hypocrite.

>picking fights with every business you interact with

I like how you've extracted that from your ass. Or that you think that expecting people to do what they're paid for is "picking a fight".

Do you want to know a secret? I actually *very rarely complain*, because most places offer a perfectly acceptable service. I can count, on one hand, the number of times I have complained in the past year (It was once. To my bank, about a business account, that I pay for.)

But it's okay, because you "know" the "type of person" I am. Anyone who complains is a cunt, right? Because why should you do your job? Fuck that, you should get paid for doing a shitty job. You're entitled to that money!

>Let me guess

Okay. How many tries would you like? Your first one is wrong.

PROTIP: I am getting *paid right now* while posting on Veeky Forums.

>I can count, on one hand, the number of times I have complained in the past year

Probably because all the pizza shops in your neighborhood put a permaban on your address for not tipping, being abusive to their staff, and wasting the manager's time by calling and whining about how the pepperonis weren't symmetrical enough.

Because your kind are universal, and any profitable business will have figured out ways of dealing. Weeding out the customers who cost more in wasted resources than they are worth in revenue. When we added the "bill by the minute" policy for "special" customers, the retarded bullshit dropped precipitously. Seems to have worked on you, too, with the local delivery joints.

Enjoy your spit, I'm leaving for work now.

>I am getting *paid right now* while posting on Veeky Forums

Funny you should bring this up...

>you seem to be getting very riled up at the concept of doing the job you are paid to do

Obviously you're fucking off on the job, UNLESS you're going to convince me you are a (can't believe I'm seriously going to say this) a real life paid shill, that gets paid just to troll?.

Is that what you do?. If not then you will walk away from your job with something NOT DONE that you could have done but chose to fuck around on Veeky Forums in order to ignore.

Nothing, since I live in a first world country and the drivers are paid for doing their job.

>Probably

No. I haven't actually complained about a pizza delivery in years, and the last time I did it was because they delivered somebody else's order (which wasn't really a complaint, more a courtesy call to tell them because that meant the driver was on his way to deliver our order to somebody else who didn't want it).

>wasting the manager's time by calling and whining about how the pepperonis weren't symmetrical enough

But I wouldn't complain about that, because that would be silly. You seem incapable of understanding the concept of "acceptable". Here's a free tip: cold food is not acceptable...

>Enjoy your spit

...food that's been fucked with it not acceptable, and possibly even criminal, as it happens.

>Because your kind are universal

Yes, there are a lot of people who expect you to do your job. It's amazing how that works.

In my country the minimum wage is $17.70 per hour or $672.70 per 38 hour week (before tax).
And we are still lucky if those fucking lazy ass kids still get our order right at any fast food restaurant, so we don't tip them.

Minimum wage in America needs to be increased because you shouldn't need to pay someone for doing their job that they get paid for.

>Obviously you're fucking off on the job

Nope. My employer is 100% happy with my performance and I'll be receiving my 6 month bonus in my next salary payment.

I am salaried, work from home, and my performance is measured by results, not being at a desk 9-5. I can sit here and shitpost during the day because this morning I am not very busy, but I shall be busy this afternoon.

>My employer is 100% happy with my performance

So, if a pizza delivery guy manages to fuck your world up and still satisfy his employer, he's good to go right?.

My sister used to work at a locally owned pizza place, and they often had to actually make the pizzas, then deliver them themselves. It was a gigantic hassle to make like a dozen pizzas and have them all be of decent quality by the time you're done, THEN go out and deliver them, all in a reasonable amount of time so the customer isn't waiting for like a hour.

It was actually why she quit. Some mexicans in a church ordered like 20 pizzas for some party they were throwing, the pizza place was understaffed so she had to basically make every pizza and then deliver them all herself in utter shit weather. No tip at all.

Fucking mexicans. It was so awesome being able to get awesome custom pizzas from her and get the employee discount on top of it.

Sure. Like I said in all I can do is complain, and then stop using your store if the complaint is not taken seriously.

If you really think that you're "fucking [peoples] world up" by not doing your job, and that's acceptable, then I feel very sorry for you.

Why would you give them extra money? Stupid amerifats

I generally tip $7-10 for everything unless my order is only like $10 or $15

10%