Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: Monthly edition!

The theme is announced on the 1st of every month, and submissions are welcome up until the 23rd.
After that the voting/rating thread goes up and everyone is welcome to vote on the submitted dishes.

VOTING GUIDELINES

Voting follows an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

We will have two modes of voting:
Casual votes: Vote for as few or as many submissions as you like. Votes will not be tallied and purely for contestants to know how they are doing.
Competitive votes: To submit a competitive vote, you must vote for EVERY submission. These votes will be counted and the winner announced.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

THEME SELECTION

We'll let YOU, the people, decide!
Feel free to suggest themes that you think will be interesting and accessible to everyone.
5 of the suggested themes will be put into a poll at the start of the next month and everyone can vote for what they would like to see in the subsequent month.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0
pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The theme of March is...... EGGS!

While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a "main dish" because that is what people will be voting on.

BONUS CONTENT:

Introduction video explaining the challenge for you newbs: youtube.com/watch?v=Mo6KUNqdsz0

Photography guide: pastebin.com/VTK7inJQ

Also if you're a woman you must post tits.

Excellent! Good choice. Myth has it that the 100 folds in a chefs hat represent the 100 ways to make eggs.

>The theme is announced on the 1st of every month, and submissions are welcome up until the 23rd.

Please specify timezones.

THIS IS A SCAM TO TURN EVERYONE INTO TRIPFAGS

I bet we see at least 10 eggs benedict entries, which I will all be scoring low because it's unoriginal.

>waiting till the 22nd to cook your eggs

>lifeless, loveless user found

theres probs more than 100 ways to make eggs honestly

nice general ingredient, I look forward to the submissions!

times are whenever I have a spare moment, I can't follow a strict schedule sorry lads and ladies

feel free to post your late entries anyway, I'm sure people will be happy to comment on them

I hope I can get enough pee to make virgin boy eggs.

>inb4 youhavetoeatalltheeggs.jpeg

Round prediction:

deviled eggs
eggs benefit
scotch eggs
shakshuka
faggoty sous vide eggs
tamagoyaki
omelette
quiche / frittata
something involving cup cake trays
egg nog
hollandaise
aioli
poached eggs

Boring. Overdone. Please hand in your jacket.

>eggs benefit
>tfw no eggs with benefits

>not buying them Section 8 eggs

Oh user, cmon. Welfare is there for a reason.

I appreciate the effort of someone making a trailer but hearing things like "board culture" and "they do it for free" and "pig disgusting"out loud was a strange and unsettling experience

Who did the voice? Sexy!
Post feet.

Neat, is this a good challenge for someone who is a total noob at cooking? I feel like I can learn a lot but im also worried that I'll be anally ravaged as to how awful my dish might be.

Will you guys be posting your recipes once you cast in your dish?

No matter what is posted, people will rip the shit out of it. Ramsey himself could join in and these fags would tell him it looks like trash

I was pretty new to cooking when I participated last year. I did learn a lot like how to look at multiple recipes for something and then turning it into my own thing by altering it in ways that were appealing to me. It's fun trying to be creative. Recipes are usually in the verticals. If someone doesn't post a vertical, they will sometimes still post their recipe, and if they don't, you can just ask them for it.

People of all skill levels are welcome to join. Find a dish you want to make, put in your best effort and share it with us! With three weeks to go you have enough time to give it a couple tries to get it right

Usually people will share their recipes

>posh bird swearing
This is now my fetish.

Thanks guys, i'm looking forward to participate, will probably start experimenting tomorrow and go from there.

Do we post submissions in this thread? Is a written recipe/vertical required, or just a picture of the final product? Also if we post submissions are tripcodes required or recommended?

Raaawr!

Yes post in this thread. All that is required is a timestamped picture. Verticals and recipes are encouraged but optional. You can submit as a namefag, tripfag, or by using an identifier in your timestamped photos.

doesn't matter what type of eggs?

Naw homie, any egg is applicable.

Post your feet pls

Eggscuse me, but if you watch the trailer, you will find out eggsactly what you need to do. We shouldn't have to eggsplain everything to you.

So you are saying I can make breakfast tomorrow and submit it tomorrow too?

Eggsactly. It's not eggsclusive, so anyone can post anything revolving around eggs as long as it is timestamped.

Alright tomorrow i'll fucking come up with some french as fuck egg shit becasue i have literally 10 trillion goddamn eggs I need to remove .
>somebody put eggs in my cooler
>during the swiggan death march they were left there
>now I have become father to many of egg

Webm tutorial - pls post your webms so I can maek gud video kthx

Yeah fuck you im just going to take pictures as I go.

Also, how to vertical. I saw you trying to do it in microsoft word. Stop that.

Bump. Also I fucking hate eggs so this can only go horrible.

Damn, these webms make these challenges seem high budget now.

>Veeky Forums monthly namefag circlejerk subreddit """contest"""
Cancer.

And all you contributed was this post. You're doing great work

>being vegan
>2011+6
>ISHYGDDT

What's wrong don't want to be held accountable for your shit cooking? You know... because it's shit...?

>"No, user, you are the cancer"
And then OP was a faggot.

Question.

As some of us will remember, back in the last challenge we had 2 contestants who tried their best to ruin and cheat the competition.

There was Lyin' Tom, the guy who cooked chicken and invented a long winded story about his dead grandmother making it for him when he was a kid and how proud she'd have been of his dish to score pity points. He later admitted to it being made up and dropped out, so that sorted itself out.

The biggest thing that damaged it was that guy Yellowmug. He posted ridiculous dishes like a 'frog' made out of a moldy apple then posted high scores for himself, as well as unreasonable low scores to the other contestants. Bubble acknowledged that he'd been doing this but said she was counting his scores anyway. Obviously that's bs when people are putting effort into this and he's making a mockery of it.

What measures do you plan on taking to stop Yellowmug and possibly apprentices of his from doing the same again?

>tried their best to ruin and cheat the competition.

That's the spirit of Veeky Forums

>no sous vide eggs
you know someone will do it, if only for the joke

>5th one down
fuck I'm tired

I rode my bicycle past this street the other day, made me think of/CK/'s favourite tripfag.

My opinion is that this is still Veeky Forums and that's exactly how it should be expected to go down

for what it's worth, I didn't agree with how things were handled with Yellowmug

probably should've been DQ'd but that's the nature of the beast

Regardless of what happened last year, as the host, it would probably be best if you just ignored people like that who keep bringing up yellowmug and lyin' tom, or otherwise try to troll this year's competition by singling out individual contestants and shitting all over them non-stop.

That was the main thing that made me lose interest last year, kind of like how half this board has turned into memes and fast food shitposting. As the person in charge I don't think you should acknowledge or encourage that, as it just brings down the overall quality and makes it feel like we're on fucking /b/. Just saying.

That's very obviously not Borneo. She's been nothing but kind and gracious.The poster doesn't even sound like her.

Speaking of which, anyone know what became of lederp, progun, or truckerfag?

In my country, the secret police used to hardboil an egg and then shove it, straight out of the boiling water still steaming hot, up the asshole of the person they were torturing. How dare you use an ingredient with such a terrible history? You are a monster.

I feel like a right fool now. Ugh. Sorry if that wasn't you Bornoe.

The point still stands, and Borneo is kind of a wildcard compared to Hearts or Bubbles.

Stop impersonating people.

Leave Borneo alone. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

Fuck your country eggs rock

You aren't wanted here

Cry more faggot

Yep, post pics in here. Preferably with recipes and verticals if you think it's a good recipe and want to share it with people.

You can post as user if you want to participate casually and don't want to be in the competitive stream, but a trip or unique identifier + timestamp are required if you want to be included in the competition.

All animal eggs in every form are allowed.

lookin forward to it!

ladies and gents, our Media Director

I always ignore trolls, we have a hide post button for a reason lads and ladies. I'm really just here for the food, so let's focus on that and MAKE CK GREAT AGAIN

>not putting freshly boiled eggs in your pockets to keep your hands warm
eggs can be used for the forces of good, people can change!

There's plenty of ways to cook eggs so you can't even taste them, you'll figure something out!

>MAKE CK GREAT AGAIN
Ugh can you like not support that racist man?

Fake Borneo

Where do I post the finished product?

right in this thread

MAKE BORNEO GREAT AGAIN

I am ready

>Representing the opinion of many lurkers.

Can a participant give several entries? That's a big change in rules, but I don't see why not since there is no continuation between rounds. As long as it's not overdone.

Wrong picture

If you wish to do that

just make a simple rule - anyone whose trip is found outside this thread is dqd.

Make a sticky, Veeky Forums

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Oh dear, that's embarrassing. The buns were shit.

THEN YOU BETTER STEP UP YOUR GAME PUNK

I will get the thread linked up on the blog as soon as there is coffee in me.

>Also, how to vertical. I saw you trying to do it in microsoft word. Stop that.
Your fonts youre using are terrible, especially with the colour scheme

Please stick to the designer magic 6 fonts

My first idea on what to do with eggs isn't on your list senpai. People can still be creative.

what percentage of the dish must be eggs?

100% egg. No other ingredients are allowed.

wtf

The theme of the month is eggs, not eggs-and-whatever-the-fuck-you-want. Lrn2eggs, faggot.

explain to me how you can cook eggs using only eggs

Egg yolks are fat. You can fry eggs in egg yolks.

Wrong. You need a frying pan and stove.

First, you put the egg in the egg. You put the egg on a low temperature, barely steaming, then you can add whatever egg you want. This is where your creativity comes in. Add a bit of egg, maybe some egg and some eggs for decoration. Serve with some hot egg.

not sure if I should post my first attempt of an omelette for constructive criticism, are the trolls asleep?

stop trolling, answer Q's

5 out of 20 points are based on challenge goals. So, if you do a dish centered on egg, then I'll personally give you 5, but if your main dish's focus is another ingredient, you will get a 1 or a 2.

Shit, nigger, just have fun.

They stopped posting about pure egg recipes. It should be safe enough.

In that case

Wasn't really sure if it was done or not so I left it a bit longer compared to what it said in the recipe

Part of the bottom came out more overcooked I think, there was Monterrey jack cheese inside, also used a bit of baking powder and whipping cream to make it more fluffy (recipe asked for it)

Why shit the thread up with your stupid shit? Go post in a "Im a fucking faggot losers who makes a shitty omelette and takes a picture of it" thread.
What kind of fucking dumb shit retard posts that kind of shit? Fucking stick a knife in your throat you waste of air

This

Looks like the shit they melt in the infomercial demo of the nonstick pans

Presentation: 1/5
Originality: 1/5
Appeal: 1/5
Challenge Goals: 1/5
Total: 4/20

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge.