/alc/

drinking 3 pints lite beer lads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BP8r2Wr66eM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just finished my second large vodka.... get on my level, scrub.

3 pints of piss isn't a lot you know

yeah well it was free from my alc father and it will help me sleep tonite

Drinking vodka in the morning before heading to class. I'm pessimistic. This world is not for me. Who else here wants to die before 60?

I drank a full 75cl bottle of bourbon yesterday and a 6 pack of 6% beer today to curb the hangover. Starting to feel the combo hangover creeping on. I need to invest in some oranges to eat before I pass out for next time. I'm going to a friends place to drink and play boardgames in the morning. I'll probably buy a case of midstrength beer so I can chug all day and stay coherent enough to play some mad boardgames. I think I'm going to try to abstain for a week after this. I mean I'll probably only make it 2 days before I drink again who am I kidding.

Anyone ever see that documentary of that 28 year old that was drinking 3 pints of vodka a day?

Seeing the "3 pints" just reminded me of that.

I have an alcoholic grandfather. He sold and spent 150k€ of family owned forest to finance his habit. He wakes up in the middle of the night to drink from a flask. I dont think ive seen him sober since before 1996 my grandma died.

How much can the human body take?

There was a documentary on my life?

Sounds like Smirnoff bros early days

My grandfather had noticeable signs of alcoholism/liver disease around the age of 60. Extended vascular belly with huge fluid build-up, bruising everywhere, etc... and he made it all the way to 67. I know it sounds weird but he died quite happy. Literally the day before his death it was just another day of drinking for him. Standing in the kitchen cooking some chicken breast, smoking a cigarette, pounding the vodka, and blasting some music. He was as happy as a man can be. Then his heart stopped in his sleep that night.

I just started drinking some vodka after staying away from liquor for a while. This is always when it gets bad somehow. Will have to be careful today.

My grandpa in question is 78. He once passed out and had a brain hemorrage on some icy lake in finland last year. Border patrol spotted him from a helicopter. His leg lost most feeling but he made a full recovery and still drinks.

If you're talking about the guy that died, I actually read further into it and it's reported that they overdrugged him in the rehab facility because the doctor was super loose about the pills he threw out to everyone. That guy may have survived if he hadn't have been forced into taking so many drugs. The rehab facility as well as the main doctor guy also had really shady histories as well.

I went into a detox facility once and they didn't give me anything at all except when I was physically withdrawing and it was one librium and a shot of a promethazine type of drug. In retrospect I'm glad they didn't give me anything else.

>Just bought fake ID
>these threads make me too scared to use it

dont

Completely badass

been drinking 6+ beers a night for close to two years now. i stepped on the scale for the first time in awhile on sunday and i'm up to 209 lbs. i'm 6', so i really should around 180 (like i was two years ago). been tapering down to 2-4 beers a night and taking walks before and after work this week. going to start mixing in some jogging and lifting before this gets too far out of control.

don't remember that episode to be honest

you can keep drinking you just need to stop eating food

Got admitted to the Bar today, now that I'm lawyer it's okay I get drunk

>6 beers
>210 lbs
i was about 280 and 12 a night. i am somewhat fat but a lot of weight i still have is from my bodybuilding days. i say you arent that bad, the hard part is killing the daily routine. i have now moved onto liquor, thats when you really know you need to stop

i'm going to the bar later, but i'm not a lawyer. pretty sure they'll admit me anyway

yeah pretty much

I bet I can make it five minutes longer than you m80

looking forward to getting smashed tonite lads

Relapsed last Friday and drank since then. Tonight I pretty mich have to attend my best friends birthday party although I don't really want to. Hopefully starting some sober time tomorrow.

Your grandfather sounds just like mine was user.

It's almost noon. No, drinks yet but idk if I can wait till tonight.

I don't drink but am addicted to weed, can I post here?

Me too, man. Me too.

You're not addicted to it, you're just using it as an excuse.

I only smoke it before bed otherwise I can't sleep.

hello is anyone here

>tfw getting drunk and watching jordan b. peterson lectures on youtube

im comfy desu senpais, how about ya'll

hey user. just having some beers, eating dinner and listening to some comfy music :)

sounds nice bro, I just found it odd how this thread is so empty on a friday night (fucking normies ree)

Can anyone drink a bottle of red wine without spitting out red tinted saliva every other sip?

What's with that?

before 60 ... fuck I hang with people that hope to die before 30

>family drama going on with my sister for months
>the drink keeps me numb
>get home from work one morning
>drink half a bottle of bourbon
>listen to a song by a musician I took her to see for her birthday once
>have a total breakdown out of nowhere and cry for two solid hours
I don't know what happened but I feel like drinking might be the only way to stop it from ever happening again

even though drink made it happen

that type of shit happens to me (and other people) sober.

you should get some therapy though, your sister isn't going away (i mean memories/connection to your life)

best get some good coping mechanisms in place before shit really hits the fan.

Drinking some Black Butte and relaxing to some movies; it's a comfy life.

If the bottle keeps you numb, wean off the bottle.

Started drinking at 1:30pm passed out around 5 or 6 and woke up at 8:00pm. I went and bought another bottle of everclear and here I am.

pretty dickered family
I got donuts this morning and I think I might just eat the whole box tonight

Remind me why I shouldn't drink

I haven't touched a bottle so far this year but the past 2 nights I've been desperate to get pissed and tonight it's even worse. I'm a hairsbreadth from going to buy a bottle. I don't understand why it's so bad all of a sudden, I've been fine for 2 months.

I've eaten nothing for 3 days and I'm not even slightly hungry. I tried an apple this morning and threw up like 20 times. Halp.

Spent all day laying on the floor, rolling around moaning in pain, throwing up and shitting liquid. Think I might legit want to die, this is too much.

Eat or drink a probiotic yogurt or something first and said a few hours. In the mean time, drink fruit juice.

Pro Tip:

Drink that fancy-ass coconut water or kombucha when you're getting drunk and you won't get hung over.

It'll run you about $10-$15 each time you pull it depending how much you drink (more coconut water/kombucha if you drink more) but it'll prevent almost any hangover from happening.

Source: I'm a drunk that has to get to work.

Tomorrow I have no choice but to go cold turkey. I've been drinking huge amounts of vodka every single day from the moment I woke. I checked my bank balance today and, well, let's just say that yeah, I've got no choice. This really is happening and there's nothing I can do about it. Will update if I am physically capable.
Was nice knowing you, gentlemen.

Just sell something and buy a bottle ya dingus.

I've already sold pretty much every non-essential thing, user. I don't get paid for six long fucking days, so I'd have to sell my phone, my only source of net access since I've broken three fucking laptops this year.
5 figure debt, very few possessions, thanks almost wholly to vodka.
Tomorrow it ends, even if it kills me.

After much consideration I have firmly concluded, that I fucking hate shitting the bed. Next time I'll just throw the fucking bed away I think.

30? I know people who want to die by 15

Go seek medical attention. Don't worry about the bill, you can sort that out when you're sober. Trust me user, it's how I turned myself around.

Why the fuck have we done this to ourselves? Holy fucking shit, heroin is easier to escape

to day drink or not to day drink that is the question

If you're not already doing it, then fuck no. Before you know it you'll be waking up with a pint of vodka next to your bed to stop withdrawals, then waking twice in the night for the same reason. The fear will be fucking unbearable.
I know you're right but I can't. It'd be the fourth damn time in less than a year. I have other reasons too, like worrying that I'll jump out of a fucking hospital window to avoid the ferociously exacerbated phobia I have, of seeing death or disease.

Don't know in what thread I should have posted but I'll just post it here too.

Naw bruh I didn't know who uli was until your post.
Tomorrow is the day for me. Got a few Valium and going at it cold. I'm really, really not looking forward to it, but meh, gotta do it or die I spose. Fuck I hope I don't immediately and irreparably fuck this up.

Day drink is where I draw the line
6 PM earliest time I pour myself a drink.

Drinking a pint of whisky atm. Fucking KD

Anyone ever lose a relationship due to their alcoholism?

All relationships, all friendships, the only girl I've ever loved, and my family hates me.

bought a fake id with a couple friends thinking we were going to go to bars and hang out and drink and stuff. We all got cards that were out of state so it was harder for the bouncers to tell they were fake.

>"sorry user you can't go to the bar with us, too many people with the same state ID might give it away that they're fake"

lmao now i just buy booze at the corner store and drink all alone every night. this was 2 years ago btw.

They sound like absolute twats
More people with similar ids at least makes it look like you're all travelling from the same place.

12 down 12 left.
Busch

youtu.be/BP8r2Wr66eM

You're well on your way. Welcome to the club. I had a fake ID when I was 16 and I'm several times older than that now. Just finished my second bottle of wine after drinking a 12 pack through the afternoon. Tomorrow I'll sart off with a pint of rotgut vodka. Fun times ahead, kid.

Ffs. Day one of cold turkey, and my body decides to wake me up at 3 AM. I had one hours sleep. So drenched in sweat that I thought maybe id pissed myself, now enjoying these lovely racing thoughts, vomiting, teeth chattering, major anxiety...You know the drill. This is already fucking horrible, and I'm only a few hours in.

Why the fuck am I basically at a comfortable temperature, but absolutely uncontrollably dripping with sweat?? I can't sleep, the bed just ends up soaked within minutes

I get that sometimes but with sleep sweats
its usually when I got on a bender I always wake up covered in cold sweats like I had nightmares

I'm pulling from Jameson. I pull because I get angry at the world for bringing me into this world.

Who else here drinks only so they can fall asleep

Anyone want to share their experience with PAWS?

never had any yet

lost my fiance to drinking
family hates me for drinking
well I been drinking daily for 8 years now ,and I dont want to quit either.
SOmehow I accepted to die alone ,it doesnt bother me.I have a good job and a lot going on ,my only "weakness" I can only enjoy life drunk / on a high of some kind. FUcked up beening young I guess.
11am annd Im drinking beer with whisky ,cheers lads!

how do you hide being drunk at work?

Somebody who has been drinking for so long can be totally wasted and still be perfectly functional. Everybody else at work is pretending they don't notice the alcoholic fumes emanating from him ... until he fucks something up. Then he will be out on his ass.

>8 years

how long can the body last taking this abuse

Dunno, but Im at 23 years. Spleen is fucked, blind in one eye, going blind in the other, very bad tinnitus, entire digestive tract is savaged, incurable brain lesions... ah i dunno, the list goes on.

sorry bro, I'm busy getting tinnitus, feels like my ear is blocked constantly - social drinker turned full time after 2017 new years party, saw my ex, she looks better than ever and I out drank everyone on Absynthe feeling like the man of steel but here I am, 30yo on a downward spiral

I think I die about in my 40s
This.I can be totaly drunk and nobody notices.
One day I was almost sober and people asked if something is wrong ,kek.
Im always on time, work hard so nobody ever thinks that I drink + always have some gum of fishermans friends .

Anybody here ever go to AA meetings?

Went with a friend last week and needed a fucking drink it was so awfully soul crushingly pathetic

21 days sober. you faggots jelly?

you gained a ton of weight yet?

I did actually gain weight although I don't really know why. My caloric consumption is overall lower and I am probably less bloated/retaining less fluid

What is a good whisky I can buy that won't leave me hard-up?
I had an ardbeg bottle in my hands for 50-ish euro back in Ireland and didn't buy it. Now I regret it immensely. I need some decent whisky to relief me from hard days.
Any suggestions?

try Scottish Leader if you have it in your country

Whisky is going to do 2 things:
make you sleepy
make you aggresiv
dont drink whisky unless you want to get shitfaced with stile.

>sleepy
>agressive
Every kind of alcohol does that in enough quantity, at least in my extensive experience.
Are you 21 son?

I have no idea how mine hasn't left me yet. Patience of a fucking saint that one.

WHY HEARTBURN
WHYYYYY

Serious question.

Every time I see an alch thread, there's always someone who one ups everyone on "how bad of an alcoholic" they are.

It seems like you guys take pride in the fact that you are a better (worse) alcoholic than the other guy.

In genuinely curious, why?

I usually do! I'm on meds that make me the drowsiest cunt after just a little pit of vodka so :)

Serious answer
If you're right, then I don't know. I've heard stories a lot worse in addition rehab meets, and I've become drinking buddies with a lot of the middle aged alchies who attended those meets. I've seen for myself the extent of the addiction/use of various substances some of us truly do face. I honestly don't think people are lying, bro. If I wasn't going ct today and you'd pay for the booze, i'd happily down at least two, probably three 70cl bottles of vodka and keep the camera on for a least an hour to show that I don't throw up or pass out.
What I might perhaps do later is to take a photograph of my bin, the outdoor one which is emptied every week, and which currently contains… I don't know how many hundreds of cans of 6% cider, which I've been using to taper off vodka.

What is with these random weak days?

Spent the last 10 hours puking from an amount of alcohol that I usually have no problem with.

I think it really would be wise to stop day drinking after you graduate from college. I didn't.

Gonna try this out. Fucken hung over. For the 3rd day straight now.

I feel the same way. Mine actually made me start drinking and when I get ugly she fucken puts up with it. I feel like leaving her cause she deserves better.