Hot pocket

>hot pocket
>used to be flakey crispy pastry type things chock full of tasty shit
>these days are poor undercooked dough no matter which way you cook them with minimal filling that tastes like nothing

FUCK

I don't remember hot pockets ever being good

this

>flakey
>crispy
>tasty

nostalgia goggles

Nostalgia is why.

You faggots are wrong, they don't even look like the same product anymore....the crust is a completely different type, I remember distinctly

It used to be more similar but not entirely the same as a Toaster Strudel type crust, once again not ENTIRELY the same but certainly not the shit we have now

b-but... the crisping sleeve...

It doesn't fucking WORK

Can you tell me that it works? IT FUCKING DOES NOT WORK

Modern Hot Pockets don't even fully cook, I could show you a picture if I had my phone of a Hot Pocket fresh out of the oven, cut in half, the inside crust is all translucent and jelly like and disgusting

Then nuke it longer you fat fuck. Not every microwave is the same.

I said the oven you retard

Use foil instead

OP is totally right. Do you know how many companies have changed their recipes in foods like this in the past 20 years?
It's usually "improved" or "better".

But it's not...

HFCS in foods instead of sugar is an example. Do you think it does not change the taste?

This goes for fast food too. Taco bell is a good example. They've changed a lot.

>hot pockets
>oven
you're doing it wrong

i put them in the toaster

if you're not boiling them, you're missing out

You got a different microwave. Alternatively, toast em in the oven.

Steam them so you don't leech all the vitamins into the water.

In the 80s they tasted like a real pizza and the ham and cheese tasted like grilled cheese they used real cheese and not the soy shit they use now butter my ass its soybean oil

shit, that makes sense. thanks for the tip.

This

Was it to cut costs? Or cater to health fags we have now these days?
Maybe Both?
Then again Hot Pockets suck, my go to is either Bagel bites or Totinos

>food and cooking board
>doesnt know how to make his own hot pockets

Remember Ellios Veeky Forums?

Hot-Vomits

I member

>100% real cheese
No fake cheese this time we swear!

This.

I eat Pizza Pockets instead of Hot Pockets, and Pizza Pockets used to taste like pizza, now it doesn't.

>OP is totally right. Do you know how many companies have changed their recipes in foods

THIS, I miss when Hershey's Chocolate didn't have palm oil in it. Palm oil sucks not just for the rainforest it kills.

Pretzel crust bacon cheddar is good

>buy garbage
>surprised it tastes like garbage

It can be difficult to find a supermarket that stocks the complete line of Hot Pocket products but if you can the only ones that aren't total shit are ones with the "croissant crust"

The philly steak and chicken broccoli fillings are by far the best.

Don't even consider using the microwave. Bake them at a little higher temp than the instructions say for a few minutes longer.

Or better yet, deep fry them.

I have sunk to some seriously low points in my life like smoking crack and drinking generic vodka out of the bottle for breakfast but I just don't think I can ever bring myself to deep fry a hot pocket

>CEO Shekelstein realizes he can only afford 1 solid gold platinum sail yacht
>rapes the quality of the product that got him to his success in the first place
>ocean is displaced a few centimeters because of his new found millions
every industry, every product