What are some safer alternatives to combat general anxiety instead of using Benzodiazepines(Valium)?

What are some safer alternatives to combat general anxiety instead of using Benzodiazepines(Valium)?

Other urls found in this thread:

adrenalfatiguesolution.com/5-simple-breathing-exercises/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Valium was good to me, but after learning the harsh side effects of a dependence on it I never want to use it again

Chilling the fuck out.

But seriously, not just hipster antivax bullshit, but mindfulness meditation really does lower both acute and chronic anxiety.

If its just a pill you want it depends. Panic attacks are often treated with xanax, generalized anxiety disorders with SSRIs, but really, you gotta get to the root of the problem, whether its an environmental factor or if its your own perception of the situation.

Physical exertion.

Yeah, use oxycodene

Some guided LSD experiences helped me out of all those mental problems. Ofc not just talking, just the trips themselves bashed those shit out of me, meditation also increase those effects surely, try to practice meditation for a longer time and add some Lsd.

I've heard so many stories about these types of experiences. Some guy smokes some DMT and all of a sudden afterwards he is cured of all his social anxiety. I will 100% try this during a camping trip. I'll try to do some meditation
leading up to it as you advise.

>Physical exertion.
I do this, Swim most days. I don't eat healthy much or have a scheduled sleep cycle though.

work out and exert some fucking will power

Bupropion

Deep breathing exercises
Cognitive behavioral therapy
Regular exercise
Certain types of meditation
Journaling
Increased exposure to sunlight
Healthy diet
Curb caffeine consumption
Change of environment if your anxiety is that bad.

The healthy vegetables in variety and quantity that is required to produce endorphins.

The problem with meditation is that I am literally incapable of thinking of nothing. I'm very good at thinking about not thinking about nothing, though, and examples of the kinds of things I'm not supposed to think about (and all the many tangents of each of those)...

I think I breathe all wrong. I keep catching myself tensing my chest and abs and my stomach leaks, spasms, etc. Are you supposed to push your belly out when you breathe in?

Try some of the exercises on this page
adrenalfatiguesolution.com/5-simple-breathing-exercises/

Idk what this website is, but I used some of these same exercises when I was in therapy for PTSD and pain management. They really help with stress and pain levels if you do them when you feel you need them.

As for normal breathing, everyone does it a bit differently, but you shouldn't feel tense when you breathe. Doing these exercises will help with breathing more comfortably. Also try to relax muscles when you notice them getting tense and do some self massage when you feel you need it.

It's just that I'm aware that there are a few different "manners" I can inhale with. The belly-out one, there's another one where it goes in while I inhale, and sometimes it feels like it's more in my ribcage than abdomen. I just don't know which is the right one.

Maybe not what you're looking for, but it's been found that your stomach health and gut microbiome play a big role in your mental health. So... Eat healthy gut friendly foods:

Reduce sugar
Ginger
Garlic
Fermented anything
Pickles
Kombucha
Coconut oil
L-glutamine
Bone broth soup
Cooked vegetables
Apple cider vinegar in water
MSM powder

Also, do some cardio everyday even if it's just walking around the block for 10-15 minutes. Exercise is huge for mental health. Meditate. Drink plenty of water.

If you are really out of whack, I suggest a 3-5 day fast.

>Kombucha
I tried that but I ended up sitting around all day. Nobody would believe me and my mother would pray (with permission).

focus on your breath

SSRIs work fine for me

and 0 (noticeable) side effects

Alcohol

Worst part of GAD is the stress. I take ginseng and drink tea with high theanine content, sometimes I even add extra theanine powder.

If you're trying to get away from Valium then stay away from Valerian root too. They're basically the same thing.

>DMT cured his social anxiety
ahahahaha, probably cured his everything. That shit will literally reset you in a natural way. Do more than 50mg if you're in a safe place.

Yeah, sure, buddy; that's so fucked up.

Tea with passion flower, valerian root, and chamomile.

L-theanine or St. John's Wort come to mind. Be careful of drug interactions with the latter if used in conjunction with other substances though. Better to be off of everything else before trying. L-theanine is relatively innocuous but results may be less pronounced.

>tfw live in Canada and kava kava is legal

I've tried that. Didn't think much of it.

Buckfast

go back to grammar school you fuckwit