Hey Veeky Forums, does anyone know how to make eggs? I usually just crack a couple and throw them in the frying pan...

Hey Veeky Forums, does anyone know how to make eggs? I usually just crack a couple and throw them in the frying pan, but they always burn and the coloring is weird

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=idAUo_fyHW4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you tried asking a chicken?

Are you a girl? if not you'll need a friend

I'm sure someone knows how to make eggs because I'm actually one of those people.

Gordan ramsey is too and he has an easy to follow video on YT about the best scrambled eggs.

Shut up. Nobody knows how to make eggs.
Some things just weren't meant for the minds of man.

turn your heat way the fuck down

Almost nothing is cooked on the high setting except water.

Retarded OP phrasing aside, scrambled egg thread?

I like thick custardy rich eggs, not fluff.
Whisk eggs with salt and dairy fat.
Cream or soured cream is great, but milk will do fine. Both salt and dairy fat works some chemical magic on egg proteins.
Eggs into a cold pan with solid butter, then set to med-low. Occasional stir to incorporate melting butter.
Toast prepared with butter and tomato chutney.
As the eggs come up to curdling temperature, raise the heat to medium and stir continuously to prevent large curds forming until you're done.
Eggs onto toast, grate over parmesan, douse with chipotle cholula.
Breakfast of kings.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I mix 3 eggs in a bowl with a bit of milk and salt & paper then empty it onto a low heat and occassionaly mix it. It tastes like eggs and take about 5 minutes to make

Scrambled eggs are for children.

I forget the name of the style but I usually whisk the egg with some milk, salt and pepper, and cook it in a frying pan until it looks kind of like OP's picture

You will note OP's picture is scrambled-eggs.jpg

I think you are describing scrambled eggs user

The texture of your eggs has zero to do with what you add to them and everything to do with your technique

>Start with a THIN PAN (important to quickly changing the temperature by lifting the pan away from the heat)
>Use a LOW HEAT until you really get the technique down but never go higher than lowish-medium
>If you're making scrambled eggs (easiest way to learn) stir them constantly, scraping them up from the bottom and the especially sides because that's where they'll start to harden first
>When eggs are ALMOST as firm as you want them to be, get them off the heat and stir briskly on the way to the plate (eggs continue to cook, the thicker the pan the more they'll cook until they're dumped)

That's basically it. Adding milk or butter changes the flavor and makes them cook a bit slower but just using very low heat will accomplish the same thing and more consistently. Don't even start adding additional metrics like that until you understand the basic technique.

Uh....

Start with a cold pan. Turn on heat to medium. Immediately add eggs once whites are somewhat cooked flip over egg, count to 10. Turn off heat. Let residual heat cook egg for 25 seconds. There is your perfect egg

Pan
Nice n hot

Turn the goddamned heat down. You're not trying to melt steel beams.

>not searing meat on high
idiot

>does anyone know how to make eggs?

Imagine being this dumb

This is the best method for scrambled eggs, and the same way I make them, except I keep the heat at medium-low, and stir just enough to keep the curds a nice size. I take them off the heat before they're "done", so they don't overcook.
I use different condiments, however. Sometimes no condiments at all except a sprinkle of flake salt. Depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

OP, watch this entire episode. You will learn great things.

youtube.com/watch?v=idAUo_fyHW4

I don't make my scrambled eggs EXACTLY like he does, but I do use his trick of reserving some of the whisked eggs to add toward the end of cooking. It keeps the heat down so your eggs don't overcook, and your eggs will turn out perfect.

>almost nothing
>names one other thing

you waste of breath

>boiling water
>searing meat on high
>bringing stews and sauces to a boil
>stir fry
>caramelizing sugar

I whisk them with a little bit of milk to make them fluffy, then cook them on medium heat. You might be overlooking the eggs if they're an odd color.
>assuming this isn't just a troll post

scrambled is pretty simple. our you can cook them just enough to be flipped, and have nice restaurant eggs. I've cooked a thousand eggs. salt + pepper your done. I alternate on my mood.

get some toast our biscuits our both n some sausage. pretty good breakfast.

better, thank you

>On the heat
>Off the heat
>ON the heat
>OFF the heat
>ON THE HEAT
>OFF THE HEAT
>On tHE HeAt
>OFF The HEAt
>ON THE FUCKING HEAT
>OFF THE FUCKING HEAT
>ON THE GOD DAMN GEATFNHSBJYABBJAHOALBSJAGSKLD

No but seriously, the Ramsey method is great. Not even kidding, best scrambled eggs ever.

>If you're making scrambled eggs (easiest way to learn) stir them constantly, scraping them up from the bottom and the especially sides because that's where they'll start to harden first
>>When eggs are ALMOST as firm as you want them to be, get them off the heat

*Both* of these. People don't seem to realise how quickly eggs cook, and how well they'll cook from residual heat. Take them off the heat BEFORE you think they're done, and keep stirring, and they'll cook to perfection. If they start to loose liquid (I.e. become watery) you have overcooked them.

This bothers me.
Are you telling me that you have tried to fry eggs several times now, and every time you burn them?
And at NO point you came into the conclusion that the pan might be a tad too hot?

You are an idiot.

top tier bait desu

Or just
Don't leave them in the pan when you're done
Because you're done
So take them out of the pan

>If they start to loose liquid (I.e. become watery)
fucking make up your mind

it'll still cook outside of the pan you incredibly dim-witted nigger

>medium-low heat
like a 4/10 on electric, smaller the pan the better
>mix eggs in bowl with splash of whole milk or cream, salt, pepper
>beat in a vertical diagonal fashion as soon as possible before cooking
protip: don't pour spices from containers over a steaming pan because they'll clump, instead put them in a separate vessel like a saucer
>keep stirring until done
add herbs of choice during or after cooking

Follow these instructions and you should make decent scrambled eggs user.

She's not cooking with jet fuel.

>they always burn
We all think higher heat=faster with cooking same consistency in the beginning user. You shoulda seen my first pancake.

Break eggs into bowl
Take out the eyes
Add black pepper red pepper onions a bit of garlic parsley, stuff like that
A bit of milk
beat it for a bit
Put the frying pan on low and butter it
When the butter melts put the egg in the pan
Kinda flip out if you can, it always breaks up for me though
And just fry it until all the pieces start to get brown on both sides
And then it's done

The most important thing is keeping the pan on low though

You need to have it on a low heat

Also if it's scrambled never let it sit. Keep it moving or the texture will end up horrible.

I don't know how to cook actually
I'm just here for memes

use butter, lower heat, and be patient.

I make them sous-vide

>but they always burn

turn down the heat. they really dont need much heat to cook. thats why u could fry an egg on pavement on a hot day