What's your everyday tools to do science, Veeky Forums?

What's your everyday tools to do science, Veeky Forums?

>math papers for exercises
>a4 paper for notes
>pen
>pencil
>textbooks
>some shit I use on my research, like journals

I want to buy rOtring 600 and fall for the meme.

Other urls found in this thread:

bicworld.com/us/products/details/59/velocity-gel
bicworld.com/us/products/details/64/criterium
bicworld.com/us/products/details/155/galet
paper-papers.com/BASIS-COLORS-11X17-PAPER-Natural-TEXT.html
muji.es/boligrafos-lapices/product88969
journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797614524581
mpuni.co.jp/products/ballpoint_pens/ballpoint/jetstream/standard/sxn_150_07.html
mpuni.co.jp/products/ballpoint_pens/ballpoint/jetstream/rubber_body/sxn_250_07.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_client
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uni kuro toga's are nice.
I wanna get a 0.2 mm for maximum precision

When I used to do lab work: Lab coat, latex gloves, lab notebook, Mac, and then a bunch of cool equipment and chemicals.

PCR machine was one of the many fun machines.

It does not really sound like you are doing science OP, but I will just give you the benefit of the doubt.

Dear OP, (Faggot per se)
i'm Maths Major using the following:
- BIC Velocity Gel, black and blue
*a pen for everyday writing and talking notes with it and pretty much everthing
bicworld.com/us/products/details/59/velocity-gel
- BIC Criterium
*a pencil for writing mathematics, espically when laying on chair on morning specifically for writing proofs and digrams
bicworld.com/us/products/details/64/criterium
- BIC Galet
*it's just my favourite eraser, nothing else
bicworld.com/us/products/details/155/galet
- Basis Color (it's just the brand name) Ledger Size Paper (~ 11X17 inches, i think) Natural Color (a.k.a White) 104 GSM
*my most favourable kind of paper, nothing special about
paper-papers.com/BASIS-COLORS-11X17-PAPER-Natural-TEXT.html
- Dover Books in Mathematics

that's all what i use for about 3 years

>not using rOtring 600 with rhodia notebooks

Moleskine notebooks for nearly everything

Pens from muji 0.5 gel and really want this one:
muji.es/boligrafos-lapices/product88969 (waiting for it to be in stock)

pencils from muji too

what's some good stationary to get here in europe, rOtring looks a bit retarded for my taste

>what's some good stationary to get here in europe
Clairefontaine if you're smart.
Rhodia if you want to feel superior for your choice of paper.
Leuchtturm1917 if you're rich or want to pretend that you are.

Moleskine is a meme, they make bad paper. Went downhill since the 2001s but normies keep buying them because of brand.

>Clairefontaine
Ugly af
>Rhodia
Orange and uly af
>Leuchtturm1917
Will make it my new go-to if I can buy them as easy as the moleskines

They sell moleskines everywhere so every time i need one i just go to the closest store

What about pens/pencils & other stuff

A pilot v5 and any paper is fine.

Bic cristal fine and Xerox 100g/m2 a4 paper for everything
If I need a book, I borrow it and if I need an article, it's usually on springerlink/jstor for free with the library account

Some cheap pens I bought in bulk.
Some random printer paper.
Computer to search stuff.

Oh you use blank pages, I see. I could never do that for math, at the very least I need dot paper. You can get completely black Rhodia notebooks too, like your Moleskines but with actually good paper.

I like rotring pencils but I can see why some people won't like them, they have a very old school engineering look. Staedtler pencils are nice too but they have the same look that rotrings have. The Kaweco Special AL in black is a sleek motherfucker but at $50 it's more than I want to pay for a pencil.

For pens I like fountain pens, especially Japanese ones because they make extra fine nibs that are great for math. I have a few but my favorite is the Pilot Vanishing Point.
If you don't like fountain pens the Pilot G2 gel pens are nice and can be refilled.
Failing that, good old bic pens get the job done.

Great notes by the way, I love how blank notebooks look but I end up making a mess with them.

Laptop
Internet connection.

That's how real scientists do work these days. Paper? Pen? Are you making origami or what?

Well, personally I've read research on learning and it seems like taking notes with pen and paper is the way to go.

journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797614524581

>dover books

what the fuck are you doing

I have two modes

Mode A: Paper(blank)+pen for proving theorems
Mode B: Laptop for reading Books/Articles

Always pack my stuff depending on what I need to do that day.

>using laptop to take notes

I'm like this but I keep seeing these threads pop up and I'm tempted to splash out on some fancy stationary. Is it a meme?

Thank you. Yeah blank paper is the choice for me.

>Pilot Vanishing Point.
Looks really cool but what I have against fountain pens is that they all look so fat/bulky I like sleak pens/pencils. I found a cool fountain pen I like but its pricey and I dont know how to get it here in Spain.

pic related "Sailor Chalana"

Well some people enjoy it and some people couldn't care less. You could spend $25 or so to get a better pen or pencil and a nice notebook and then you'll know.

Nice notebooks don't cost too much. Pick one up and see if you like the experience.

Only girls, people who don't actually learn and richfags bother with the fancy pens and paper. I go by getting straight As with Bic crystal ballpoint pens and ruled notebooks.

Yeah fountain pens tend to be bulky. For me the problem was how wide the nibs were, my first one was a Parker pen that my parents gifted me and the wet and broad strokes made a mess of mathematical expressions. Even a fine nib made it hard to write subscripts and exponents.
A few years later I found Japanese fountain pens and I haven't looked back. I guess it's because they have to write complicated characters that their nibs are very, very fine.

Sailor is a good brand but no idea if they even have them in Spain.

>not using a reasonably weighted pen
Anyone found a good body for the Uni Jetstream refill?
It's my favorite but I don't like any of the rubber bodies.

Excel

>pipettes
>cell culture media
>gloves
>labcoat
>centrifuges
>PCR machines
>self-hatred
>reagents that cost quadruple my weekly pay per mL
>regret
>booze
>existential dread

I want off the STEM meme

These might actually be okay.
mpuni.co.jp/products/ballpoint_pens/ballpoint/jetstream/standard/sxn_150_07.html
or
mpuni.co.jp/products/ballpoint_pens/ballpoint/jetstream/rubber_body/sxn_250_07.html

You could go to a professional school: optometry, pharma, med, dental, anaesthesiogist tech, physical therapist, etc.

I don't think you are supposed to stop where you are unless you really enjoy what you are doing.

this made sound werid ,but can i see your hands

a brain and alcohol.

bump

I have a backpack with a dual booted thin computer with encrypted solid state drives.

I have some bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth mouse as computer accessories.

I have some pens and a notepad.

I take the backpack wherever I go. If I need something more professional, I move the laptop to a small briefcase.

>using a pencil
>losing pencils
>not using a pen
>not buying pens in bulk

it's like you are literally tripping over the meme and smashing your teeth on purpose

i understand why people want to use pencils. I really do, but there are NO pencils that write dark enough without a shitload of pressure that results in torn paper. Once a year I buy about 100 black ballpoint pens because they get lost everywhere and fuck if i'm going to waste my time looking for them. and guess what? I can always see my handwriting, and I never have to waste time looking for my 60 dollar memechanical pencil or sharpening a fucking normal one.

pls redpill me on pencils.

>dual booted
What would be the necessity of a thin computer to dual boot?

The thinness is for convenience (the computer is light).

The dual booting is for switching between different operating systems and specialized software.

>pencil
>pen
>notepad
because I'm a poor college student

I don't think thin means what you think it means

Laptop
Paper
Calculator
Pencil

Not even that guy but you're insufferable, thin can be either a thin client or a physically thin computer, more commonly known as ultrabook.

You mean like an ultrabook.
I was thinking of this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_client
To his credit, he didn't say thin client.

Right, right. I see.

No, I just meant a physically thin computer, not a thin client.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of macOS and Windows 10 though. All the junky spyware is getting creepy and annoying.

I would love to have most of the compute on a private server or cloud. I haven't been brave enough to take the plunge yet though. Spontaneous, offline processing still comes in handy every now and again.

pencil, green engineering paper, & a calculator

You sound exactly like my PI's graduate assistant.

Anybody that only says
>calculator, pencil, paper, and books
isn't doing science. You're math homework and practice exams don't count as science.

My list:
>calculator
>pipettes
>chemicals (proteins, buffers...)
>microscopes
>pencil, paper
>organic specimens (live and dead)

logic
reason
pint of whiskey

I aim for any kind of notebook that costs about $1.75/page. I'm a pretentious asshole. Also I use a pen I stole from a hotel for irony.

wouldnt it only be irony if the notebook costed like $15?

I got a really nice mechanical pencil last year and I think it was worth it. I use it regularly and it draws really nice lines. Cost about £15

don't by a roting 600, the "lead" goes dull and you have to turn the pen all the time to have a nice fine and sharp line.
there are other mechanical pencils that rotate the lead every time you reconnect with the paper, those should be better - I only know the rotring 600 myself...

What's the name of it?

What the fuck are math papers?
What the fuck is a4 paper?

>not using Ti-36x Pro

>latex gloves
Are you in the fucking dark ages?

Doing schoolwork maybe. But for real science being able to demonstrate data integrity, ideally through an e notebook, is important.

>pencil

Not heard of GLP?

master's in computer science

>a4 notebook for notes
>lamy logo + Noodler's black
>laptop with Fedora + Windows VM
>hideous amounts of caffeine

I need to get my hands on a good mechanical pencil.