If you guys are so smart as you claim to be, why are you still nobodys?

If you guys are so smart as you claim to be, why are you still nobodys?

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/mach/features/are-we-living-simulated-universe-n713031
twitter.com/AnonBabble

to intelligent two succeed

Most of us don't claim to be smart, we just hover here out cuz we like the board.

>to
>two

Yup. Super intelligent.

>yup
yep*

B/c unless you are a true genius, it takes generally takes many many years of studying in math/science to do any significant work.

Most of Veeky Forums is probably still in undergrad.

You know what they say about assumptions OP.

How smart do I think I am?
What qualifies anyone as someone?

>many many years

It only seems that way because schooling artificially inflates the time it takes to learn a subject.

I can't speak for scientific fields, but in math there tends to be a noticeable difference in the time it takes to learn a subject and the time it takes to get to research level. And then of course, who knows how long significant research would take.

did you just assume that OP knows what they say about assumptions?

I'm curious, what would mathematical research entail?

Spends year getting into a very specific field, find an interesting open problem, solve/prove it.

*yaep't

Can you give an example of a problem you could solve and some of its relevance to the real world?

Taking the OP's prompt at face value, no one has yet actually addressed the topic of /fame/. Sure, perhaps it might be nice to be notable, but being famous is generally a bad thing. If you can pass under the radar, all other considerations being equal, than this is much better than attracting attention. This applies to all walks of life, all social and socioeconomic statuses, etc. The trouble for the upper classes is that their very wealth obliges them to play the public game sometimes, unless it doesn't. So there is a calculuation so as to do the undesired and unwanted public thing so as to keep the wealth.

Most people in this thread are taking OP's prompt to refer to "a position of respect in the scientific community", whereas I've taken a broader interpretation toward the question of Fame in general. Either way, the point is much the same, up to the point of wanting to be taken seriously by one's fellows: given the choice between fame and quiet life, intelligent men incline towards the latter, and for the above reasons: you thus invite fewer cranks to fuck with you, etc.

explaining the transition of the navier stokes equation from classical mechanics to continuum mechanics. it would allow for better understanding of turbulent flow and possibly higher efficiency in any system exposed to drag.

Then I take it rather than doing no research at all, you publish under a false name?

Fame marks achievement, retard. Publish a game-changing thesis on particle physics - boombamyourefamous

Consider computers. The invention of them was mathematical research. Look up Alan Turing and his work. Also a lot of physics was dependent on math already done, like general relativity using differential geometry.

Intellect never meant success
Correlation != causation

You got me OP.
I'm actually a retard pretending to be smart on Veeky Forums.

Too intelligent. Normal people are not ready to discuss the matter we do.

Yepity

Pretending to be smart among dumb people.

America is the wealthiest nation on Earth, but its people are mainly poor, and poor Americans are urged to hate themselves. To quote the American humorist Kin Hubbard, 'It ain’t no disgrace to be poor, but it might as well be.' It is in fact a crime for an American to be poor, even though America is a nation of poor. Every other nation has folk traditions of men who were poor but extremely wise and virtuous, and therefore more estimable than anyone with power and gold. No such tales are told by the American poor. They mock themselves and glorify their betters. The meanest eating or drinking establishment, owned by a man who is himself poor, is very likely to have a sign on its wall asking this cruel question: 'if you’re so smart, why ain’t you rich?' There will also be an American flag no larger than a child’s hand – glued to a lollipop stick and flying from the cash register.

Slaughterhouse Five

Success has a lot more to do with willpower than with intelligence, and most here have fell for the "smart but lazy" meme

Wrong. "it's not what you know, but who you know." In this day and age, your social network determines your wealth.

People aren't gonna give you a job because you're nice to them. If that where the case most companies would go bankrupt and the economy would crash harder than ever. There are minimum requirements.
Also, networking does require some effort. You can't just go around talking to people about anything. You gotta know how to do it.

Sure they are... companies are always trying to fill their ranks with friends, family, and yes men.

Look up the traveling sales man problem. Very simple idea but very complicated

I make more by myself than the average middle-class family in the U.S.

I see no reason to advertise my existence beyond what is necessary.

Sorry to disappoint you OP.

Lived on 100€/month for all my life, no need to work since leeching off my parents barely make a dent in their retirement.
Now that the west is bound to collapse, it's time to work.
I aim for my first million in five years, first billion in twenty. Anything less will be a failure and proof of my objective inferiority since there is no more the excuse of "not needing it" and failing when you have an absolute motivation is unforgivable when your goal is simple and not groundbreaking.

Just because they give jobs to friends and family, that doesn't mean that those people are unqualified. Like I said, minimum requirements.
You sound like the average Veeky Forums autist who cared too much about muh physics and muh maths and forgot to use people at your own favor.
But there's still hope, user. If you have the analytical mind to understand physics and mathematics you are able to master social interactions. Brainlets do it just fine.

Lurk moar

how is highschool teaching you, newfriend?

>smart people are somebodys
GTFO fgt pls

Reddit users in underaged go to hyperloop and actually achieve things with rLoop

Why can't Veeky Forums achieve this

Riemann Hypothesis

I am intelligent "compared with the masses," including most on here (I say "most on here" rather than "all" because I've read posts and replies from people who present with common sense, consideration and civility). I am intelligent because my base code (core beliefs) begins with the self-directive "quest and question," and only after does "safety first" become my first assertion; "gravitate towards positive people" is next. The rest seem too obvious to list.

How many of you have written your own base code or heard of core beliefs (for those who haven't, core beliefs are the stupid stuff we were taught we ought to believe because...they said so)? An intelligent consciousness would wonder why everyone doesn't question everything given all the bullpoo, corruption and lies that have been exposed recently. The core requisite defining skill for intelligence is to be open-minded to an infinite set of possibilities; to deny nothing, no matter how unlikely (doyle). 1=2 may one day be proven by someone far more intelligent that us, and it's only the unlearned and shallow who would claim otherwise. I work with 1=1 because it works best, for now. Believers are know-it-alls with limited imaginations; usually believing they're worthy of heaven, or repenting at the last hour, just in case.
> nbcnews.com/mach/features/are-we-living-simulated-universe-n713031

I'd love to see how many of you here have read even ONE SINGLE SELF-HELP BOOK! I wonder how many of you have high EQs (emotional quotients)? Have any of you heard of EQs or are most of you so busy in science "facts?" that you neglected your emotional intelligence? If you've read one self-help book, you're automatically better than 99.999% of population. Ignorant people are offensive, and it's not as if intelligent people can force ignorant people to learn to be more than dirty, two-legged animals.

Being smart doesn't mean shit when you're a lazy neet.

>Being smart doesn't mean shit when you're a lazy neet.

That has been my main competitive advantage in life.

You're an idiot, not intelligent. You misspelled too and to, idiot. You should go away.