Explain to me again why I can't just melt cheese into hot macaroni?

explain to me again why I can't just melt cheese into hot macaroni?

that's literally all I do and it makes the best mac and cheese because there isn't any retarded bland roux destroying my cheese flavor

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/11/sodium-citrate-baked-mac-and-cheese.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does this really work? Do you leave any water or something?

>melt cheese
You mean, cheeze whiz, or pasteurized process cheese food?
Real cheeses dont just smoothly melt on pasta.

some of the starchy cooking liquid
I used the pre shredded sargento cheese, I just made some in the microwave

boiled a cup of pasta, thew in a clump of cheese, let it melt

wa la

There are stovetop recipes where you just add some evaporated milk and a beaten egg to macaroni, then stir in the cheeses and it works really well. I prefer it to roux based cheese sauce.

I forgot to mention you have to mix the cheese in if that wasn't clear

>boil ramen
>drain water to a minimum
>throw in a kraft single
>let melt, mix a bit, and drain excess liquid

This is how we do it in the hood

>put noodles on a plate
>throw a tomato on top

mama mia, that's an easy spaghetti

now you're thin/ck/ing!

Because mac and cheese that doesn't involve a baking step is always bad

I have never had a good baked macaroni and cheese

why would you expose something you want to be moist and melty to dry heat for no reason?

that's why you put the bread crumbs on top

That's how my mother makes it and it really activates my almonds.

i agree that a bechamel does mute the cheese flavour, but it's nice in its own right. sometimes i do it with just cheese melted into cream or evaporated milk or something. depends who i'm cooking for.

that makes even less sense! >_

A lot of cheese can just melt into a greasy mess. If you make a cheese sauce you can control the flavors and let it coat the pasta well. Also it's your fault if your roux is bland, just saying.

dude are you me

Have you tried it before?

>bland roux
what

it taste like butter and dilutes the flavor of the cheese

>he doesnt mix milk, cheese and then a bit of sodium citrate
its like you dont want to use scientific knowledge to its full extent

>explain to me again why I can't
But you can!

Perhaps the question you were trying to ask is why you shouldn't. The answer is of course, that you should melt real cheese onto hot macaroni. If you're making Mac & Cheese with just the shitty sauce packets they provide you, you're doing it wrong.

Also, you should mix deli ham or something into your food.

Grated cheddar cheese, stirred into hot pasta, will melt rather alright, although there is a sort of stringy texture about it that ends up rather nice.

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>tastes like butter
>bland
Sorry, I'm on my phone so i don't have any pictures of anime girls with question marks over their heads.

Fuck off ponyfucker

Well, mac and cheese usually means a cheese sauce. No matter how much you melt a cheese, you won't achieve a sauce. It needs to be thinned out
you can prefer a melted cheddar or meunster or gouda or whatever on your pasta of course.

That is what my baked recipe for it is. The macaroni, drain. Mild and sharp cheddar mixed in. 2-3 eggs and evaporated milk. Then bake until it's cooked. Crumbs on top are optional.

But cheese sauce mac is gross

You can "do' whatever floats your boat when your just cooking for yourself and have no interest in improving your techniques.
However, if you're cooking for others, you'd better step up your game, dildoface.

>flour
>butter
>cream
>a bunch of other shit that is not cheese

butter is a pretty subtle flavour.

I made a mac and cheese the other day that was pretty much just sharp cheddar melted into the pasta. Pretty good, but not as creamy. Next time I'll try the Cooks Illustrated recipe with evaporated milk.

My grandma does that and I prefer her recipe. I don't like the creaminess of most mac and cheeses.

What my grandma taught me:
>dice bacon, and render the fat in a skillet
>add diced onion to the pan, sautee until translucent
>add fresh chopped tomato, sautee it down
>add sliced keilbasa just to heat it up and slightly brown

>mix cooked macaroni pasta to the keilbasa mixture
>add sharp cheddar cheese
>mix thoroughly
>transfer to casserole dish
>seasoned breadcrumbs
>in the oven at 350 for about 30 mins (until breadcrumbs have browned)

It's a lot more "rustic" than traditional mac and cheese, but so savory without the gloopy creaminess of mac and cheese

This nigga has it right.
seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/11/sodium-citrate-baked-mac-and-cheese.html

it's against the law