My beloved grandmother just got moved out of the icu after being there for over 2 weeks after a botched heart surgery

my beloved grandmother just got moved out of the icu after being there for over 2 weeks after a botched heart surgery

she's only allowed pureed foods and she's barely eating because the hospital food looks and smells like literal monkey shit

what are some good puree texture foods i can bring for her? she has the palette of an autistic 7 year old. well done steak with ketchup and potatoes is her favorite meal. i'm not memeing i promise, she's super old

Mashed potatoes?

i thought that too, but the hospital gives her that and she doesn't eat it. maybe because the rest of the meal is so gross though, i might try a more gourmet version anyway

don't sweat it, they'll just put her on an IV eventually

she's out of icu and off the feeding tube.

she's actually recovering, but she needs to fucking eat

Split pea soup? Blended potato-cheese soup? Chicken broth?

yeah, i do a lot of cannign and i have lots of chicken and turkey stock so i might try a consomme with egg noodles

why would she eat that?
she's just going to die dude, if some old depression era woman is off potatoes then she's given up, just let her go man.

Puree some other root vegetables. Make rice\tapioca pudding. If she's not eating much anyway you can ritz stuff up to be more tasty with cream or coconut milk and shit.

This. I've seen several terminally ill people simply refuse food and medical intervention. No big deal, they go out the way they want since they don't have any other alternative in this hypocritical, medico-pharma corporate profit milking system. But let's go increase our 1 trillion dollar defense budget, greater than the next 20 countries combined. God bless us, everyone.

Make her some homemade vichyssoise, leeks, onions, potatoes and chicken broth. Easy as pie, and delicious as hell.
You can also try good ol' gazpacho: Tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt, water all mixed in a blender.
In both cases google is your friend for proportions. Vichyssoise can be made using cream, but you can just skip the cream for a lighter, healthier result that is still yummylicious.
All the best to your gran m8.

jesus people be fucking nice goddamnit you asshole cunts

>be nice

We're not the ones being the real assholes. Read the posts again, and you'll realize pointing out the ruthless cruelty of a system doesn't make you cruel.

>she's just going to die
>terminally ill people
you guys are being mean, don't go killing OP's gran yet, she can't be off too bad if she made it through botched heart surgery.

but your point about the ruthless, cruel system is true, tho.

if you needed heart surgery at all you're not doing well and if your heart surgery can be described as botched you're dying.

I met a guy some time ago who was like 75 and had gotten heart surgery at some point, he's the most based dude ever, "works" as an actor in short films and sheit without asking for money just for the hell of it, and smokes weed in his spare time.

>gram gram I brought you some pureed mashed potatoes and some of my preserv- OH NO!
>gram gram: _________ *flatline BEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP*
Bring two dimes from your pic for her eyes.

The best treat you could give would be Charon's obol coin.

pumpkin pie, cheesecake, vanilla pears, souffle, sweetpotato mash, fishcakes, frittata,

Buy her baby food jars.

Let her die already

They're not just going to let her keel over. If she won't eat, they'll put her back on the tube.

Pics of your gran I like to sex grannies they actually have really wet pussies (although they do piss themselves while you're fucking them)

Bacon potato soup. It's a savory calorie bomb.

Go shove a cleaver in your rank snatched you dumb ass broad. I'm not serving that trash to my grammy.
>le bacon in everything meme
Just fucking kill yourself

If she doesnt want to eat it usually means she is ready to die. What you are doing is selfish and wrong.