No fossil fuels used

>no fossil fuels used

So does the air compress itself?

Other urls found in this thread:

zeropollutionmotors.us/
google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsqIjAeeXw&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiTteyRrO_RAhVJWSYKHayyA20QyCkIEDAA&sig2=HxPv4GsIVRQ7L5PpqRgKsA&usg=AFQjCNHq3lZiu-n4liDpGSPrv6pH7B0skg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtsztWC-_8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is plenty of air everywhere.
You just have to put 10 kg of it in a tank.
But I'm sure you're mocking her just because she's a girl.

I'm pretty sure she would have had to have used energy to compress the air. Some coal perhaps?

Eh; you don't know what it takes to compress gas, do you? Think compressing air is just bloody waving a bottle in the air?

-
Anyways;
>top b8 m8

That invention is basically shit. The machine stores energy in the compressed air (which is inefficient as fuck since it takes a LOT of energy to do that, that's why energy plants increase pressure when the fluid is liquid and not when it's vapor). Then you let the air flow through a bomb, which in turn moves the device.

Wow, it's fucking nothing! As expected from a pajeet, she created a trivial machine that is more inefficient than any motorcycle.

Give her a break, she's a kid FFS. What did you make at her age? Apart from that hastily-constructed homemade fleshlight, that is...

They have cars that run on compressed air already. Don't know why op didn't post that. It was on shark tank

she needs exercise

My issue isn't that a kid made a faulty design. Hell it's even a neat little proof of concept, more power to her.

My issue is that I keep seeing these designs that obviously don't work floating around in the media, or they gloss over major issues. Like that bike from Brazil that is powered by water that somehow ignores physics. For those who don't remember it, the idea was he poured in water, extracted hydrogen from electrolysis with a battery, then powered the bike with a combustion engine using said hydrogen. You "refueled it" by pouring in tap water. Thermodynamics kind of says you have to recharge the battery at some point, and this also danced around the fact an electric motor is much more efficient. Cum guzzlers were all over that one for a while.

In this case, the simple question is how do you get the power required to refill the compressed air container? Most likely...through fossil fuels!

t. Not OP

zeropollutionmotors.us/

The air pump could obviously use electricity from fossil, wind, solar, or other sources. The article is a little misleading, but the point is it's an alternative to a petroleum-powered bike.

depends on the source of electricity in her town

I'm sure no fossil fuels were used in the manufacture of the bike, tires, container, hose, ect

Couldn't you make a hand crank driven air compressor?

the readers arent scientists. so the writers wont care if the science is off if it will get a lot of ad views.

Of course.

Yes, that would have been a bitch to use though.

>implying this wasn't the EXACT reason he posted this

Electrical compressor can be used which can be powered by green nuclear energy.

And even if coal energy was used I think it cost less than a car. So stop making excuses

>Without pedals

Yeah, she looks like she needs less exercise...

Fags. You just try to find a flaw. Didnt exist. You suck. Keep pedaling, numales.

She is cute and smart. Would marry.

>Fat Pajeeta converts a 100% free to operate mode of exercise and transportation to being completely useless if you're out of range of an air compressor

Do you have a street in your town that could be designated for shitting?

fcking genius mate so now we can make a bike that powers the compressor so that one doesnt need to pedal the bike. Oh wait....

Cranking the compressor even by hand will ALWAYS expend more energy than just powering the bicycle yourself

The more steps you add, the more efficiency you lose

>energy to compress the air
Ask me how I know you have
never used a bicycle-tire pump.

The problem is that it leads to millions of dollars in government grants going to waste

Like with that fucking device that you stick into the ground in Africa to condense and collect rain water received some 10m dollars in grants only it to be a giant scam because it wasn't Thermodynamically possible

And yet none of the engineering students at Berkley were able to realize that it was a scam

By your logic there is no reason to ride a normal bike because it is less energy efficient than walking.

That still takes energy

Even then that's way less efficient than just pedaling. You'll blow way more calories pumping this pump than pedaling

>none of the engineering students at Berkley were able to realize that it was a scam

>None of the people getting paid to develop it realized it was a scam

Seems legit

Where did you get that from my post?

No it means you have a bike which is great for transportation over long distances

By adding this retarded air tank you aren't getting anything extra or better out of it. It's ludicrously less efficient and it'd be better to just put the motor on the fucking bike than make a motor compress air then put the air on the bike

google.com/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsqIjAeeXw&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiTteyRrO_RAhVJWSYKHayyA20QyCkIEDAA&sig2=HxPv4GsIVRQ7L5PpqRgKsA&usg=AFQjCNHq3lZiu-n4liDpGSPrv6pH7B0skg

Not to cite thunderfoot but he's got a really easy to follow guide on this shit

> The machine stores energy in the compressed air (which is inefficient as fuck since it takes a LOT of energy to do that
No it doesn't, what the fuck. Go pump a tire faggot. You don't need the air tank to be at critical pressure for this to work. Bikes are designed to conserve motion as much as possible, just give it a little air and glide for a bit and give it some more air, its that easy. Sort of like an electric scooter.

I get that it's physically impossible. I'm saying that the people who 'didn't catch it' had a reason not to.

You can't get someone to understand something when their check depends on their not understanding it.

You'd go way farther way faster and way better if you just pedal

Using a hand pump is retarded and you're burning more energy than just pedaling. This idea is retarded and doesn't work

Enjoy pumping up your air tank for 6 hours, you'll have more hand cramps than a furious masterbator

Energy efficiency is not relevant to the use of the bike. Its way easier to just pump a gas tank for 5 minutes then pedal a bike for 15 minutes, if you dont understand that you're retarded. People are already energy inefficient by eating more food than they need and radiating everything out as heat.

You dont seem to get it either.

Yea but still, no one else at the school thought about it? The people who read their papers and dissertation for the PhD didn't think about it? The government tax dollars that went towards it, those people didn't think about it?

The electric scooter is more efficient than this shit

>6 hours
Do any of you people have jobs? I refuse to believe people here are such basement dwellers they dont realize you dont need an industrial tier pressure canister to scoot a bike around.

Its also a scooter, so who cares

No dude you don't get jt

You're putting way more effort into pumping than pedaling its retarded

Do You know how long you have to pump a hand pump just to pressurize an air tank with enough air to make this work? A fucking lot

>Its way easier to just pump a gas tank for 5 minutes then pedal a bike for 15 minutes

You're ignoring the work it takes to get the gas to that pump

Once you have a bike all the work is done, save for repairs here and there. When you get a car, you have to feed it once a week with fuel that's taken metric tons of fuel to get where it's at

No its not retarded, its a matter of preference. why is that hard to understand. You're also under the bizarre impression that the human body is a perfectly efficient and predictable machine. You burn much less calories pumping some shit for 5 minutes than pedaling a bike for 30 minutes. Thats anatomy, you dont need a reference to thermodynamics for this shit

>No its not retarded, its a matter of preference
You can have a preference to be retarded and do something retarded

It sounds like you're defending doing something way harder than doing it the easier way

Maybe if you want to go 40 mph. Pressure equivalent to a truck tire would probably do for easy riding and people pump those by hands all the time.

>Pressure equivalent to a truck tire
A truck tire has a minimum of 35psi

Do you even fucking know how much effort and how many hours you're gonna pump on that hand pump just to get to that?

It's not even about output, if you want to make your air tank last longer you need more air

No I'm not ignoring that, you guys have your heads so far up your asses with MUH CONSERVATION OF ENERGY that you dont realize making the option between passively expending the energy to power the bike at home where you can do other shit and its probably nice and cool and riding the bike is option selecting

>hey guys instead of pedaling easily to school for 20m, I'd rather spend hours pumping up a fucking air can so I can be lazy to school 20m

Im lazy but instead of doing what a lazy person would do and make life easier I want to make more work for myself

Do I know how many hours? Bike tires are usually at hire pressure than truck tires, this guy pumps one in 1 minute.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtsztWC-_8U
Yes it will take more time for more air, but you don't need a bike to run continuously. You put some air on the straightaways, let it glide, turn or whatever.

>expending the energy to power the bike at home where you can do other shit

Exactly what else are you going to be able to do while manually powering an air compressor?

>Spend three hours a day compressing 10kg of air to go out and go the exact same speed as if you'd just pedaled the bike yourself

A bike tire is not a fucking 20 gallon air can, the volume difference is huge

Watch tv? Also why do you people think it takes like HOURS to pump a gas tank. You can pump a bike tire in literally 1 minute with enough pressure for this to work. I think 10 bike tires of air is enough to boost a bike for a little bit.

>>Spend three hours a day compressing 10kg of air to go out and go the exact same speed as if you'd just pedaled the bike yourself
Thats retarded and that's way more work and effort

That girl has a huge tank but the pressure is unknown and shes fat as shit. There is no detail as to whether or not you actually need that much air.

I can watch TV WITHOUT compressing the air and do other stuff that's actually productive then go out and pedal where ever I want to go

t h i c c

It doesnt matter actually, it will always be a waste of time and a waste of effort no matter how you try and spin it

thats personal preference and I did not ask or care.

>shes fat as shit.

All the more reason she needs to be pedaling, or even better, walking

We're not talking personal preference, we're talking efficiency.

It will always be less efficient to compress the air to power the bike than just powering the bike yourself

Not if you have no cardiovascular endurance and need to break from riding the bike every 3 minutes. Compare that to pumping the tank for a 1 minute every hour. The next day, viola, you can move.

Nice goal post shift. Not only are you retarded, but lazy and stupid too

Thats still less efficient than pedaling. It doesn't matter how you spin it, Thermodynamically it will always be as less efficient and you will always spend more effort pumping an air can then just pedaling no matter the situation

what goal post did I shift. you keep bringing up that it is less energy inefficient to pump a gas tank than ride the bike but if you cant ride the bike and can ride the gas tank that doesnt matter

You went from preference to "well what if she has cardiovascular problems" you stupid mongoloid

It says right in the image that it takes 10kg of compressed air to travel 60km.
You can back of the envelope that it's going to take a lot more than a minute of pumping to travel any distance at all.

>I've been refuted so I'm going to pretend like I was trolling the whole time

Not if its very hot outside. Again you faggots do not consider the real world and are still acting like we are in a frictionless place in space so you can keep reiterating your conservation of energy shit. There are other factors involved, goddamn you people are stupid. If energy efficiency is the only thing that determines what transportation we use, why do people even ride bikes, why dont they just walk everywhere. Why do people ever use scooters compared to bikes. Its about comfort, luxury, preference, and practicality. No one says hm, this bike will increase ethalpy in an undesired fashion, i will crawl to the store today.

Actually, if you were directly using a wind turbine to pump the air something like that would make a lot of sense. The inefficiency of compressing the air wouldn't matter, because both the turbine and the tanks are dirt cheap.

I said you had a personal preference and that preference may not be shared by fat people. How is that a goal post shift

>Not if its very hot outside
It doesnt fucking matter it is ALWAYS less efficient

Stop shifting the goal post you retarded high-school brainlet do some fucking simple physics

The human body will expend more energy riding a bike in heat than it will pumping a tank in the cool indoors, at a sparing pace so to keep the heartbeat low. Your repeated references to basic physics are laughable, because you don't realize people are not perfect energy machines and external factors make all the difference.

Because after you got refuted because you preferred to be a fucking retard" you changed the subject to cardiovascular problems because you keep trying to vehemently defend being retarded as a preference

This isn't about other forms of other transportation this is about riding s fucking bike. Using a God damn air compressor and pumping it by hand wastes more time and effort than just pedaling no matter what circumstances or what ever contorted shit you wanna spew to defend a preference to be retarded

No it would take, you don't know of fuck all about the human metabolism or the energy expended

A human is more efficient than a fucking air tank

I'm still arguing my points just not with you because you keep getting incredibly off topic and just repeat the same thing over and over again. The analogy is as simple as why people choose scooters over bikes. Do you go to someone and say, stop riding that skateboard, a bike is more efficient, you banana?

No you keep switching the subject to try and defend your preference to be retarded

It doesnt matter how you spin it. This air tank apparatus is always less efficient than just pedaling the bike

>A human is more efficient than a fucking air tank
How? What does that even mean? More efficient in what sense? The energy stored in a gas tank will largely remain unmolested while a human can stand still and not do anything and still radiate a tremendous amount of energy as heat.

You are retarded, go take physics II you dumb brainlet

If you can't understand simple thermodynamics then you can't fucking talk about somehow taking less energy to pump a fucking air tank than pedaling

This fake science articles are written for retards like you who buy up this nonsense that somehow an air tank is better than pedaling

The heat radiated from a human is less than the enemy you put into pumping a fucking air tanm

>
>the enemy you put into pumping a fucking air tanm

The problem with you is you are under the impression everything is happening in a vaccuum. It is not hard to see why pumping a tank every few minutes in a cold house is preferable to riding a bike in hot weather. Hot weather combined with exercise will ultimately result in the person burning more energy. Heres a simple exercise to help you understand why external factors make the difference in these scenarios. Lets take a person A and B who have identical bodies, but person B just found out his mother died. Both are standing still, now which burns more energy. The point is simply that there are a variety of factors that determine how energy efficient people are, and yes weather is one of them. Also if you have low cardiovascular adaptations, you will burn far more energy attempting to ride a bike than someone that is a marathon runner, even with all else equal. There are clearly some scenarios where it is "energentically" preferable to pump a gas tank.
>DURR THERMODYNAMICS

This is not even getting into the reason people have varying choices of transportation to begin with, luxury, convenience, preference, comfort, whatever.

>Hot weather combined with exercise will ultimately result in the person burning more energy.
Not by anything close to the amount of energy wasted pumping air. Its hard to imagine that anyone under any conditions could find hand-pumping for hours before riding a bike more convenient than just riding the bike.

It could have pedals and as you pedal it pressurises air, then you can use the air to get around.

Lol. Im sitting on my couch watching TV, I press down on a pedal with my foot every now and then, at a pace such that the body never starts using any kind of energy system associated with distance running/pedaling, such that a low heartbeat is kept since I'm fat as shit. its 120 degrees outside. The next day my bike is pumped to fuck, and is essentially a moped. Meanwhile dipshit freshman user shouts CONSERVATION OF ENERGY as he pedals around trying to avoid heatstroke. Yes this gas powered bike is usually not preferable to just riding the bike, but its not useless. The whole "its less energy efficient" argument is just so fucking stupid it hurts, it makes so many assumptions about the person. Even then, people ride skateboards and shit, its not always about because you want to "conserve energy" I mean what the fuck, people overeat and shit all the time anyways. Everything is inefficient, sometimes its just about looking cool on your air bike.

Lol. Im sitting on my couch watching TV, I press down on a pedal with my foot every now and then, at a pace such that the body never starts using any kind of energy system associated with distance running/pedaling, such that a low heartbeat is kept since I'm fat as shit. its 120 degrees outside. The next day my bike is pumped to fuck, and is essentially a moped.
Your leg would be painfully sore from pumping long before the tank was charged. I'm not trying to make some kind of appeal to pure theory here, what you are suggesting just plain doesn't work.

>The whole "its less energy efficient" argument is just so fucking stupid it hurts, it makes so many assumptions about the person.
It really doesn't make that many assumptions. Compressing air is lossy as hell, so under basically all conditions you're better off accepting less-than-ideal conditions if you can skip it.

Everything here is making assumptions, your assuming the person will get cramped, I'm assuming this is energy preferable in X very specific scenario, theres no numbers or study to back anything up. The point is just that even if it is less energetically efficient most of the time, even most of the time, its not useless, and people ride shit for different reasons than just that, which is probably why you didnt quote that part of my post

It is green way to travel and no pedaling needed. You are frustrated becouse this girl is more innovative than you combined,

Thats some epic falseflagging, mind if I steal it?

This is Veeky Forums, so you're going too have to expect somebody would do the math. A liter of air is about 1.286 grams. Let's say that it takes five pumps from the pump to gather one liter of air. If you pumped once per second, then you'd be gathering A fifth of a liter per pump, thus 0.2552 grams per second. By that rate it would take TEN FUCKING HOURS to gather 10000 grams of air. TEN FUCKING HOURS OF PUMPING JUST TO DRIVE YOUR LAZY ASS A TRIP THAT WOULD TAKE TWO HOURS OF NORMAL PETALING.

You're defending being retarded by wasting time and effort than pedaling

First it was preference now it's cardio problems, now it's hot and cold and now you think I don't know it's not a vacuum

It doesnt matter how you skew it, pumping air into an air tank to run your bike is always less efficient than just pedaling the bike

>always
no. read

All that stupd shit you just wrote but nowhere in it do you justify how much air you need to get where you need to go. Extra points for converting to grams for some nonsensical reason.

Fuck off retard go run your retard bike with retard air because you'd rather blow 10 hours pumping your air tank to do something you can already do, pedal

Its in the picture you fucking retard

10kg to go 60km

>a kid
top kek