youtu.be/-h5qpXO3isM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, like what does it do exactly?

Modern cavalry

it looks cool

...that's about it, it doesn't really have any practical application

>permanently standing robot
>no practical application

Wheel/leg combos seem to be great. Roll fast on even ground and stop the wheels to run like a human and jump up stairs.

>that jump

noice

>he doesn't want his cybernetic legs to have wheels on them that go up to 100mph

It's for picking up boxes and moving them over rough terrain. IE from a delivery truck to your house.

Urban environment mobility is the other application. IE being able for shit to move around in urban environments on it's own.

>Capable of navigating a world made for bipedal creatures
>On wheels for extra speed

Why would you think this doesn't have any practical application

Am I the only one disappointed that they didn't develop Atlas version 3 instead? This is cool and everything but I just want an actually functioning humanoid robot

Boston dynamics are nobody's who success relies on the work of dr. Guerro, who was the first to make a robot walk with a genuinely human gait.
He is a Japanese researcher who developed his own ai in the 2000s based on nueral network modeling.
He realized that hardware was not the problem, and solved it with his magnificent ai.
So after his YouTube channel was seen by myself and boston, he was hired and is responsible for thier success today.
Science advances only by the will of outstanding individuals, or those who hire them.

source, faggot

But while you're on this tirade, are you going to tell me that this is why they did so poorly at the DARPA challenges as well?

>It's for picking up boxes and moving them over rough terrain. IE from a delivery truck to your house.
literally a shittier drone

>a world made for bipedal creatures
yes, except the bipedal creatures can walk up stairs

this robot is about as maneuverable as a man in a wheelchair

>this robot is about as maneuverable as a man in a wheelchair
It jumped over a goddam hurdle!

That's fucking awesome.

>we're well on our way to the Code Geass timeline
>Emperor Barron ti Britannia, first Emperor of the Britiannian empire
>Knightmare frames

ALL HAIL LELOUCH

ALL HAIL BRITTANIA

ALL HAIL LELOUCH

>literally a shittier drone
I want to see a delivery drone that can deliver an 80 pound package. Have you found one?

RERRROOUOUCCHHHH

DON'T TRY TO TELL ME WE AREN'T LIVING IN THE FUTURE! I WON'T BELIEVE YOUR LIES ANYMORE! IT HASN'T BEEN THE PRESENT SINCE I SAW THAT VISUALIZATION OF WHAT A CAT WAS SEEING BY SCANNING IT'S BRAIN!

>wipe out going 100 mph on the highway
>horribly horribly maimed
>BECOME FULLY CYBERIZED!
You can't lose!

>yes, except the bipedal creatures can walk up stairs
What makes you think this can't?

The transport cost per unit mass is higher for a drone

Dang those are some really impressive control systems they use to keep it upright. Very cool stuff.

That actually looks like an incredibly practical platform.

I wonder where they took their inspiration from.

Code Geass takes place in 2017 atb which is set in our 1970s.

What makes you think it can?

it has legs and their non wheeled 2 legged robot can do it.

Sweeet ass jump.
I hope all you robotics fags take notice. Stop trying to make faggy androids, make something that's useful instead.

>their non wheeled 2 legged robot can do it

where

>implying Lelouch's tampering with the gods hasn't caused all timelines to converge

[spoiler]shut the fuck up faggot and let me have my stupid escapism

can it do a backflip

Start getting scared when they get militarized.

youtube.com/watch?v=dD_NdnYrDzY

I wanna fug it.
youtube.com/watch?v=FFGfq0pRczY

the mechanical parts to this aren't relevant, the main part is it's ability to manage it's balance and movement efficiency.

OP it's another piece of tech, just something else we've built, what the fuck do you mean you're shaking? Do you shake when a door with a sensor opens as you walk up to it? Are you shaking due to lack of understanding? Learn the engineering and science disciples involved in this if you're fearful out of ignorance.

the robot walks stairs in the longer version of the vid

youtu.be/-h5qpXO3isM