What do scientists do when they can't reproduce the results of other labs?

what do scientists do when they can't reproduce the results of other labs?

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/113/28/7900.abstract
nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Publish that the other lab was shit.

does this happen often; is it easy to find examples?

sorry for newbie questions

My computer science professor was trying to be helpful and answered a bunch of questions from a grad student from another university.

But it turned out she was asking so many questions because she was writing a paper about how his paper was flawed.

My professor ended up being on the committee to peer review her paper (since he's famous for the topic).

He was a good sport about it and appreciated that research was happening. He just asked her to be more forthcoming in the future.

invent post-anabelian froeboid geometrics

Contact the other lab and explain the issues we are having. You can spot genuine results because they're usually really enthusiastic about helping you.

I would straight piss myself if I was her during that review. There would not be a single intelligible word coming out my mouth

What's actually scary is that he could have been an asshole and just blackball her with practically zero repercussions.

shitpost on Veeky Forums

>Errors with fMRI analyses:
>expected: 5%
>found: 70%
pnas.org/content/113/28/7900.abstract

>More than 70% of researchers have tried and failed to reproduce another scientist's experiments, and more than half have failed to reproduce their own experiments.
>Science
nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970

I can't even reproduce my own results sometimes.

Check out Natural Product Structural revision papers. It happens reasonably often.

R U N D O W N
U
N
D
O
W
N

Can I get a slow walk up on these two?

Can I get a quick rundown on these guys?

French physicist twins who produced semi-junky paper and now have weird chins because of too much plastic surgery.

I tip my hat at your professor.

>sometimes
that's not very accurate description, could you be more precise on this matter?

Don't insult them just because you can't understand their paper.

Uh-uh... They are Gods with Godlike chins? Is that better? Are your autistic needs satisfied?

Did you just unironically give me a quick rundown?