What's your answer to this?

What's your answer to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_tail
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The sun is not disintegrating

the sun is not a comet.

with a comet, the ice in it changes from solid to gas, releasing the dust inside.
then solar wind sweeps the evaporated material and dust to form the tail

Why are Flat Earthers always denying a million other things along with the roundess of Earth like the relativity of motion.

>then solar wind sweeps the evaporated material and dust to form the tail
Um, nope.

The sun has enough mass and a large enough gravitational pull to prevent a trail from forming.

um, yep
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_tail

". The streams of dust and gas thus released form a huge, extremely tenuous atmosphere around the comet called the coma, and the force exerted on the coma by the Sun's radiation pressure and solar wind cause an enormous tail to form, which points away from the Sun."

Sun's tail was inhumanely docked. :(

>why doesn't the sun have a tail?
Because a comet's tail is not caused by its movement speed, but by another phenomenon entirely.

You can see the tail extending in all direction. OH GOD IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!

Troll image dump?

I do hope you're making a certain reference here.

most of them are trolls in case you havent figured it out.

they do know something though.

Actually it is but in all directions simultaneously

we'll see about that

Thx user, I needed a good chuckle

But natural selection is a designer?

The answer isn't the lit bulb. The heat from the bulb creates a slight stream of rising air that causes a slight upward force on the bulb.

i encourage flat earther and creationist thought because its good job security for me.

t. petroleum engineer.

The tail is water vapor.

Hm... that entry needs editing. It makes it sound like the solar wind is blowing away the material.

What really happens is that the solar wind is applying a force vector to each individual particle radially away from the Sun. This effect on the nucleus is negligible. So the nucleus continues on its unaffected course while the particles and gasses often form two separate tails. Because the particles are also less affected by solar wind than gas molecules are.

It's kind of the same, but not really.

The Sun does have a tail, but it's so tenuous and so large that is is not visible.

As the Sun moves through the interstellar medium, the solar radiation forms a teardrop-shaped "bubble" cleared of molecular interstellar material.

so im guessing your a great/cosmic filter fermi paradox kinda guy

The sun has a bigger mass.

>Troll image dump?

If a comet tail is produced by its motion,why does the tail precede the comet instead of trail it as the comet moves away from the sun?

>What's your answer to this?

holy shit people are this stupid.

maybe it actually has a trail but we just don't see it from such a long distance

The sun's tail is behind it from earth's perspective so we can't see it.

>he fell for it

The speed of the sun relative to what

Air batteries get lighter when you recharge them and heavier when they are used.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any more troll images?

That stuff makes me kek so much

Why doesn't Veeky Forums have mods banning you people and deleting these shitty threads?

>mph

That right there is *the* big question.
It probably has to do with free speech, but the whole idea of having boards is to keep on-topic. Break those rules, get cleaned out, eventually banned. But that's just me speaking.

It does have a tail. It is so insignificant that you cannot see it with your eyes: and obviously you can't see it in thought either.

Gravity

gravity, you brainlet
livestream your suicide

Do you always like to walk into rooms where you are not welcome, and then, in a single, sweeping proclamation, reveal that you are an idiot?

there is electricity in the form of moving electrons in the lit buld meaning that it weighs more. some reason why hardrives get heavier when more data is stored on them...(electrons)

Our sun isn't made of ice you moron.
It's made of lava.

Ideal Gas Law

But if gravity brought it together, why is it disintegrating apart?

To men the ether?

You mean*

the entire surface of the sun is its tail. It is dim, so you only see it during solar eclipses.

Tru fac

Drive B, because steel is heavier than feathers.

Welp, at least we know for sure that christian memes have no intelligent designer.

Good for you. Never let them say Intel chips don't evolve on their own after spontaneously generating.

There's plenty of evidence of the evolution of the microprocessor. Look at all these intermediate stages. Checkm8

But it does
Its called the solar wind you nounce

I like how the people who make these stupid "flat earth" memes don't bother to do the most rudimentary grade-school research into their subject.

The comet's tail isn't formed by its speed and direction. The tail points away from the sun at all times because it's blown back by the solar wind.

I'd find it much harder to pick up the bieber drive and take it away, so it must be heavier

Another visualization